Gardiner closed this weekend
There is a list of road closures drivers should be aware of this weekend.
The Gardiner is closed from Carlaw to the Humber River for fall maintenance.
Officials say a full closure of the expressway until 5 am on Monday is required to ensure the work can be performed safely.
Hwy 401 westbound collectors from west of Keele Street to Islington Avenue in Toronto will be reduced to one lane this weekend.
The closure for construction work is to begin at 7 am Saturday and continue until 6 o'clock Monday morning.
There are also two festivals causing closures.
Between Friday and Sunday, the annual Ukrainian Festival will take place along Bloor Street West, between Jane Street and Glendonwynne Road.
This event is Canada’s largest Ukrainian Street Festival.
On Saturday, the Ukrainian Festival will also hold a parade that will start at High Park Avenue and travel westbound on Bloor Street West, ending at Jane Street. The parade starts at 11 a.m. and finishes at 12:30 p.m.
Bloor Street West, between Jane Street and Glendonwynne Road, will be closed between Friday at 9:30 a.m. until Sunday at 11:59 p.m.
An extended closure on Bloor Street West, from Jane Street to High Park Avenue, will start on Saturday.
Between Friday, and Sunday, Canada's largest Polish Festival will be held on Roncesvalles Avenue.
- Roncesvalles Avenue will be closed between Grafton Avenue and Boustead Avenue between 6 a.m., Saturday, September 15, 2012 and 11 p.m., Sunday, September 16, 2012.
On Saturday, the Running Room will host their 2nd annual 5 kilometer run in support of Sick Kids Hospital Foundation.
Starting time: 8 a.m.
Start Line: Sir Winston Churchill Park
- Eastbound on St Clair Avenue, all eastbound lanes
- Southbound on Russell Hill Road, whole road
- Westbound on Boulton Drive, whole road
- Westbound on Macpherson Avenue, westbound lane
- Westbound on Davenport Road, westbound lane
- Northbound on Christie Street, northbound lane
- Eastbound on St. Clair Avenue to Spadina Road, eastbound curb lane
- Spadina Road to Finish Line, all eastbound lanes
Finish Line: Sir Winston Churchill Park
The above road closures and lane restrictions will take place beginning at 7:30 a.m.