Nuit Blanche means street closures
A handful of streets in the downtown will be closed overnight Saturday for Scotiabank's Nuit Blanche art festival.
Closures begin as follows:
- 8 a.m., Yonge Street, from Gerrard Street to Wellington Street
- 3 p.m., Bay Street, from Dundas Street West to Wellington Street West
- 3 p.m., King Street, from Jarvis Street to Peter Street
- 4 p.m., Church Street, from Shuter Street to Front Street East
- 5 p.m., Queen Street, from Jarvis Street to University Avenue
Most major cross-streets will remain open, but drivers should expect significant delays in the area.
All roads are expected to be reopened by 10am Sunday..
TTC streetcars on King Street will be diverted onto Queen Street, between Jarvis Street and Spadina Avenue.
Toronto Police recommend taking public transit to get to and from Nuit Blanche.
Both TTC and GO Transit will provide extra late-night service.