Report: Canadian dies of drug overdose in Bangkok hotel
Foreign Affairs is confirming that a Canadian has died in Thailand.
The Bangkok Post reports a Canadian man & Australian national were found in a Bangkok hotel room this week with bottles of booze & a white powder.
Though autopsies haven't wrapped up yet, Thai police believe the men died of a drug overdose. Tests have also been ordered on white powder.
Foreign Affairs will only that Canadian consular officials have been in contact with local police & are helping the family of a Canadian who passed away in Thailand.
(with files from the Canadian Press)