Report: TDSB To Sell Acres of Land From School Playgrounds
The cash strapped Toronto Public School Board meets behind closed doors Monday night to look at a staff report showing the trustees a way to raise at least a $100-million to pay for building renovations and additions to schools.
The proposal is to sell off parcels of land from the playgrounds of 127 public schools to developers.
The Star has its hands on the confidential shortlist. Most of the 367 acres of land is in North York, Etobicoke and Scarborough. It's believed that more than half of the schools affected are in the ward of Etobicoke Centre.
Here is a list from The Star of some of the schools that could be affected. The first number is the current amount of acres, while the second is the proposed amount.
- Hollycrest MS: 16.75 to 12.47
- Norman Ingram PS: 9.56 to 6.67
- Rippleton PS: 8.9 to 6.11
- Pelmo Park PS: 8.6 to 5.7
- Maryvale PS: 10:01 to 6.45
- Amesbury MS: 12.01 to 7.59
- Warden Avenue PS: 10:48 to 6.48
- Ranchdale PS: 8.03 to 4.96
- Denlow PS: 8.1 to 4.99
- Greenland PS: 7.54 to 4.58
- Sir Adam Beck JS: 9.86 to 5.97
- Hillmount PS: 7.17 to 4.34
- Corvette Jr PS: 8.28 to 5.01