General Contest Rules and Regulations
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Please refer to contest listing on newstalk1010.com for information on the Contest Period. The Contest is brought to you by Bell Media (the "Contest Sponsor").
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all legal residents of Ontario, Canada who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the first day of the Contest Period. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents or representatives of the Contest Sponsor (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the "Excluded Individuals"). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside and previous prize winners (including anyone from winner's household) who have won a prize on Newstalk 1010 CFRB in the preceding thirty (30) day period prior to the commencement of this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Please refer to contest listing on newstalk1010.com for instructions on how to enter this contest. Only one entry per person per household will be accepted during the Contest Period.
Entries will not be eligible if sent by any method not specified above or if received after the conclusion of the Contest Period.
t4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is required to enter this Contest.
5. PRIZES: The number of prizes available to be won varies by contest. Please refer to contest listing on newstalk1010.com for details. All prizes must be picked up within thirty (30) days of winning at 2 St Clair Ave W. 2nd Floor Toronto Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm weekdays. You must show a valid government issued photos ID and sign our waiver in order to get your prize. Please note, an Ontario Health Card is not acceptable as a form of ID in accordance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act. No prizes will be delivered to winners. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible online entries received during the Contest Period. Limit: Only one prize per person per household per 30 days.
6. CONTEST DRAW: Potential winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received in a random draw conducted after the Contest close date.
7. The Contest Sponsor or its agent must be able to reach the potential winner by telephone within three (3) business days of the date on which the potential winner's entry was selected. Entrants will not be individually contacted, except for selected entrants or declared winners, who will be contacted by telephone.
In order to be declared a winner by the Contest judges, a potential winner must: (a) be in compliance with these official Contest rules and regulations; (b) correctly answer, without mechanical aid or assistance, a mathematical time-limited skill testing question; and (c) complete and sign in person a Bell Media form declaration and release prepared by the Contest Sponsor within thirty (30) days from the date on which the prize was won.
If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these official Contest rules and regulations, the Contest judges reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and randomly select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared.
8. PUBLICITY: The declared winner consents to the Contest Sponsors' use of his/her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement and image ("Publicity Information") for any publicity or programming purposes, in all media, without remuneration, throughout the world in perpetuity. The winner agrees to have their photograph taken by the Contest Sponsor, which all right in such photograph shall belong to the Contest Sponsor.
9. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and Regulations and by the decisions of the Contest judges, which shall be final and binding in all matters.
10. All entries become the sole property of, and are subject to verification by the Contest Sponsor and in no case shall be returned to sender.
11. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these official Contest rules and regulations, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future Contest Sponsor contests.
12. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
13. The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for: (i) entries lost, stolen, late, delayed, damaged, mutilated, garbled, illegible, incomplete or misdirected (any illegible entries shall be declared null and void): (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems, traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; and (iii) damage to entrant's or any person's computer or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers", arising as a result of participating in this Contest. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the individual to whom an email address is assigned by the organization that is responsible for the domain. The use of any automated equipment to participate in this Contest is prohibited.
14. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or substitute any prize or any component of a prize for its cash value or a prize of approximately the same retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded by the Contest Sponsor and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes. The refusal by an entrant to accept any prize releases and forever discharges the Contest Sponsor and their agents of all obligations related to the prize including delivery. The Contest Sponsor shall not be liable in the event weather conditions, event cancellations or other reasons beyond its control prevent a prize or part of a prize from being fulfilled.
15. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate this Contest (or any elements of the Grand Prize) at any time and for any reason whatsoever (subject to obtaining the approval of the Regie des alcohols, des courses et des jeux for the province of Quebec only).
If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, declines to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative eligible entrant may be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries at Contest Sponsor's sole discretion. Potential winners will be required to furnish proof of identification such as a driver's license or social security numbers. Before being declared a winner, a potential winner may be required to sign a declaration and release form confirming understanding, acceptance and compliance with these Contest rules, acceptance of the prize as offered and a release acknowledging the non-responsibility of the Contest Sponsor and its promotion entities of injuries, accidents, loss or misfortune related to the conduct of the Contest, awarding and use of the prize.
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these official Contest rules and regulations, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually, and each entrant releases the Contest Sponsor, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability, suffered, including personal injury or property damage, as a result of or arising from the entrant's participation in the Contest or the use of a prize.
The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
The Contest and these official Contest rules and regulations shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. Any dispute shall be adjudicated in the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Contest Rules and Regulations shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise enforceable or illegal, these Official Contest Rules and Regulations shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, Contest Sponsor employees or real estate agents are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of the Official Contest Rules and Regulations in any manner whatsoever.