LIBERAL 59 SEATS   |   PC 27 SEATS   |   NDP 21 SEATS   |   OTHER 0 SEATS   |   54 SEATS NEEDED FOR A MAJORITY

Election signs damaged in Eglinton-Lawrence

Liberal signs broken, some have gone missing

Tweeted by Josh Colle

Over 100 lawn signs for the Mike Colle campaign have been vandalized or stolen.

The Liberals in the midtown riding of Eglinton-Lawrence have been receiving calls of signs disappearing in the final stretch of the campaign. Some have been cracked and others have had their stakes removed.

Councillor Josh Colle, the MPP's son, tweeted a picture of a broken sign on Monday night.

Mike Colle says this seems like organized vandalism, underlining all the incidents happened at night. He says while some have seen it happen through their windows they were not able to get it a picture or video.

He calls it "appalling."

Colle says he doesn't have proof it was the Tories but doesn't think kids would be behind something like this.

Robin Martin is running for the Tories this time around. Her campaign denies any involvement. They note some of their larger signs outside of the campaign's headquarters were torn down in the middle of the night on Avenue Road about a week ago.

In the 2011 provincial election, veteran Colle beat out Progressive Conservative candidate Rocco Rossi by around 8,000 votes.

Colle was first elected to the legislature in 1995.

1. Dean posted on 06/10/2014 04:24 PM
    Funny, I didn't see any article when one of Martin Abell's signs in the Toronto Centre riding was repeatedly vandalized.
  2. ToddK_2 posted on 06/10/2014 04:38 PM
    If only that will work lol, i'll help do the rest.
  3. Byran posted on 06/10/2014 04:40 PM
    I feel for the campaign and the guy running. The signs shouldn't be tampered with. It is a big pet peeve of mine when the signs are removed, broken, or anything else.

I like the fact that a source said it is either kids or the TORYS, it coulnd't be any other party, or someone who likes the PCs or another party. Probally kids, but I the dig is funny
  4. Thor posted on 06/10/2014 04:42 PM
    Probably the lieberals themselves are responsible hoping to gain sympathy. They're trying everything else including blatant lying on their brochures out here in Mississauga.
    Kiss Ontario goodbye if they win again it will never survive another term with them in power!
  5. Mike from the hinterland posted on 06/11/2014 06:54 AM
    Election signs being broken is a sign of the hatred and contempt for the corrupt Liberanos or a just a bunch of kids wrecking them. Even though you may be frustrated with the Republic or Toronto's voting pattern, leave the signs alone it is a democracy even though the Liberals do not respect democracy!
    1. Angry Bill posted on 06/11/2014 11:21 AM
      @Mike from the hinterland I find it difficult to blame kids for this. Most kids have zero interest in politics, or any political savvy at all.

I hate liberals as much as the next guy, but I certainly wouldn't go through all that effort to destroy signs from one liberal candidate in one riding.

So, it's most likely one guy or group who feel strongly against either the liberals, or this one guy.
  6. G Man posted on 06/11/2014 11:13 AM
    Election signs are knocked down everywhere all the time. I see it as a sign that most people don't like the signs. It's about time they were banned altogether.
  7. john posted on 06/11/2014 11:38 AM
    reminds me when i will was 5 years old . kids form the neighborhood would take pellet guns to a big liberal campaign sing . lol i just stood there laughing me ass off man those where the days .
  8. Chico Consuela posted on 06/11/2014 11:42 AM
    I also got an election brochure in the mail telling me that Mike Colle resigned for wasting $32 million bucks... it' must be a really close race in Eglinton Laurence
  9. Michael posted on 06/11/2014 07:45 PM
    This is completely false Liberal bullshit trying to gain sympathy, because the Good Old Boy Career Politician Mike Colle is getting nervous. As a resident of Eglinton-Lawrence, I haven't seen a single damaged Liberal sign, yet I have seen PC signs vandalized. Colle's goons are also putting signs in illegal locations.

#1010VOTES