It's the first day back at school for kids but that doesn't mean things are back to normal.
The week after the province imposed contracts on all of its teachers without one, it looks as though they will be continuing to refuse to help out with extra curricular activities as union heads meet with their executives this week to discuss their next steps.
There are still many questions to be answered according to Toronto District School Board chair Chris Bolton. He says the board's Human Resources department has been emailing the ministry for guidance with the imposed contracts but so far has received none.
Bolton also says they'll be monitoring the situation closely when it comes to what will happen with extra curriculars and have conversations with the unions to figure out what's next. However, he underlines now that contracts are in place, any strike action is illegal.
The Ministry of Education issued a statement late Monday, underlining it has worked with school boards across the province "to provide information and respond to questions about labour agreements." It goes on to say it will continue to help boards with the new contracts.