UPDATE: Ford talks media, Chief Blair and being alcohol-free

Mayor Ford says the ongoing scandal is ripping his family apart

Rob Ford & Conrad Black

He stopped short of it, but during an interview on Vision TV, Rob Ford nearly accused Toronto Star Reporter Daniel Dale of committing an illegal act.

"The worst was Daniel Dale in my backyard taking pictures. I have little kids. When a guy's taking pictures of little kids, I don't want to say that word but then you start thinking, 'what's this guy all about.'"

Reportedly, The Toronto Star says their lawyers are looking into it. Dale had been there researching for a story about Ford's attempts to buy a strip of parkland next to his home.

When asked about his relationship with police chief Bill Blair, Ford said, "The chief, I have an issue with, I think it's political. He wasn't happy when I told people to find efficiencies."

Mayor Rob Ford said he has not had a drink in five weeks.

"I was never an alcoholic," Ford tells Black. "But I'd like to have a few drinks on the weekends like I think a lot of people do."
"Including me," Black responded. "Sometimes during the week too."

Ford goes on to say that he made a "fool" of himself "a couple of times." He continued, "Enough is enough," Ford said.

Ford told Black during the interview that he was willing to do a urine drug test, just to prove that he's clean.

He says the ongoing scandal is 'ripping our family apart' and his children get very frightened, "They're really, really scared. They think I'm going to get hurt, they think their father's going to get killed."

The mayor isn't worried about the upcoming election in 2014, "I'm feeling great. Unless people are outright lying to me ... I feel very comfortable," Ford said.

LISTEN to Black speaking with Newstalk 1010's John Moore about his interview with the mayor:

1. Peter posted on 12/09/2013 11:20 AM
    * * * Conrad Black hits the nail right on the head. * * *

Who should know better about the press than Conrad Black. Here he calls The Star a most rabidly
    hostile source of information. Even the Star admits at least $638 million dollars in savings compared
    to Fords 1 billion dollar claim. He says $638 million is not a trivial amount.

Conrad Black says about the media lynching of Mayor Ford:
    Media lynching or trying people "ex parte" or without due process is not our thing. If people don't
    like his moral character, then vote against him. He won his position fair and square.
    You can't remove him from office unless there is a legal reason.
    "The now former Mayor of Montreal is facing a much more serious problem."

Also he says:
    "The left in city hall have done a lot of damage to this city."

"Mayor Ford is pleasant, unpretentious, loves the city, and cares about it."

His interview is being aired tonight on Vision TV at 9:00PM

Keith Ablow, MD, one of America's leading psychiatrists:
    Is Mayor Ford Normal or Nuts?
    A Fox News show aired Nov 20, where Dr. Keith Ablow MD of Boston only had
    positive comments to say about Mayor Fords mental strength. His "attacked Kuwait"
    comment was positive and refreshing, his statements are presented direct and clear,
    and take the position of President Bush. - Just what Karl Burgin would like to hear.

Mayor Ford: "The majority of the councilors are left wing tax & spend socialists".
    Dr. Ablow's comment on this is: He's looking more and more normal all the time.
    He is probably right about his detractors.
    Dr. Ablow stated Mayor Ford is perfectly normal and would never have to visit
    his office.

Good going Mayor Ford

1. Art posted on 12/09/2013 11:38 AM
      @Peter Once someone figures out what the hell Peter is talking about fill me in.

Conrad and Rob in the same cell together. there you go!
    2. REALITY BITES posted on 12/09/2013 12:02 PM
      @Peter So many words ... so little said
  2. REALITY BITES posted on 12/09/2013 11:56 AM
    Wisdom at its "finest" !
    An erudite crooked ex-con talking about a functionally illiterate could-soon-be-con.
    How enlightening !
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 12/09/2013 12:11 PM
      @REALITY BITES Hmm..That's funny. Only because he takes this entire thing from a more objective stand point, you name-call. I can only imagine if he dumped on the mayor, how ur reaction would be.

That's the problem with you haters. Even if someone who doesn't support the mayor, or isn't part of his target group, if he says anything remotely supportive of the mayor (god forbid), you name call and ridicule.

Yet people who support Ford, I don't really see any ridicule of anti-Ford people- and I know I make an effort not to insult. If you don't support the mayor in any way, shape or form- well that's your choice. I may not agree, but I'm ok with that. But that doesn't give license for me to barrage you with insults. BTW, that notion works both ways.
  3. Peter posted on 12/09/2013 12:00 PM
    Wow!! That was a lot about nothing!! Only an idiot would support Ford. He is a real pig in every sense of the word. Conrad Black is a criminal!! Why do we give either one of them any time at all - time to move on!
    1. Mark7 posted on 12/09/2013 12:18 PM
      @Peter Why are the Lobranos ever voted in, is the correct question.
    2. Angry Bill posted on 12/09/2013 12:23 PM
      @Peter Black is only a criminal in the legal sense of the word.. in America. There has been a ton of stuff written to show that he was indeed railroaded by an inept and corrupt American legal system. If he'd had an actual fair trial, it doesn't appear he would have done any jail time.

I would much, much rather trust Black than.. oh, let's pick someone who has never been in jail, and thus is not a criminal... like, say, Jean Chretien. But, that's just me. Your mileage may vary. You may actually trust Jean Chretien, I don't know.

People who discount anything Black says because "oh, he's just a convict" are simply using that as an excuse to turn their brains off. People will find any excuse they can to turn their brains off, I find.

To clarify what Peter said initially, about the Star and "rabidly hostile", Black was referring only to their attitude toward Ford. Peter's statement gives the impression Black was referring to the Star in general. I heard the interview this morning, and that wasn't the case, as I recall.
  4. Peter posted on 12/09/2013 02:32 PM
    On taking pictures with gangs like The Hells Angels - Ford says people love him and support him and that all his people want to have their picture taken with him! Rob when you are not high or drunk think about this.....these same so called "supporters" would dump having a pic with you if say a 3- eyed man made an appearance or the bearded lady - you are a freak in the circus and that Ford Nation is your leader!!!!
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 12/09/2013 03:21 PM
      @Peter Hmmm...
      OK. So Ford took pictures with the Hells Angels in public, during the football game. So I guess the security is incompetent, because they managed to let them into the stadium.
      This picture wasn't taken in some back alley, in the dead of night. It was taken in the midst of a crowd of people who want a picture of Rob Ford.

Try not to be so extravagant and sensational with your comments.
  5. Lis posted on 12/09/2013 06:59 PM
    I personally like to have a drink or two on wknds then I either take a cab or I walk home. You mr Ford are a dangerous person that should pay a price. Driving with one hand drinking from an open bottle in the other hand with another person in the car is criminal
    1. Peter posted on 12/09/2013 07:55 PM
      @Lis .
      Thank you for your comment Lis.

He wouldn't be a criminal. How do you know what his blood alcohol content was? Were you with him, and did you measure it? _____
      A test of 0.05 to 0.08 BAC - is in "Warn Range"

You are making up facts, and he is not a criminal. A judge would agree
      with me.

6. Beamer Smith posted on 12/09/2013 09:40 PM
    Still not clear when this interview will air
    Vision TV website doesn't show it on tonight (Dec 9)
    My TV says it's not on this week at all..
  7. REALITY BITES posted on 12/10/2013 05:29 AM
    Refreshing to see that mayor-in-name-only Ford has turned over a new leaf.
    He says that the problems around him are all because of the media and the Police Chief.

"Oh, wait ...

... is there an echo in here?"
  8. tanjo posted on 12/10/2013 01:04 PM
    If those were my kids, fearing for my life, I would be looking at the circumstances related to all those police calls to my home, rather than trying to blame the media's attention on the scandal.
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 12/10/2013 01:29 PM
      @tanjo No TANJO...
      It doesn't matter whatever the circumstance, there is no reason for a guy to be peering over a wall with a camera- especially when you have no idea who the guy is or where he's from.
      Ford is correct in concluding that the guy was some sort of pedophile, and chasing him away. Myself and anyone else with a brain would do the same.

Let's not trivialize the matter, and say what Mr. Dale did was no big deal. Remember, Ford had more reason being in that vicinity, than whatever Mr. Dale could ever claim. What- was he inspecting Mr. Ford's wall for termites? Give me a break.
  9. Brian posted on 12/10/2013 01:45 PM
    why would any normal person follow a person who is not afraid says that he has lied a lot? and admit to be in several drunken stupor
  10. tanjo posted on 12/10/2013 02:29 PM
    Ford's Lawyers: Epic Facepalm!

Does it bother you that the Toronto cop accused of murder in last summer's streetcar shooting is now working for Crime Stoppers?