He said the mayors first apology before council, was unsatisfactory, but today, after a second apology letter, Daniel Dale has accepted Rob Ford's 'I'm Sorry.'
The letter was sent out Wednesday evening and the apology and retraction was strongly worded.
Dale responded on Twitter, saying he won't be proceeding with a defamation lawsuit against Ford.
The reporter says he appreciates Ford's ``complete retraction and unqualified apology,'' and he's glad the truth is no longer in dispute.
Dale served Ford last week with a libel notice, demanding he retract all of his false claims about what happened during an incident near Ford's house in May 2012 and issue an ``unreserved, abject, complete apology.''
In relating the incident, Ford had often said Dale was in his backyard taking pictures, claims he has now retracted.
ZoomerMedia has also apologized for airing the interview. A spokesperson emailed the statement late Wednesday evening:
“We have always believed that this was primarily a matter between Mr. Dale and Mr. Ford. However, we sincerely regret the part ZoomerMedia played in broadcasting the offending words spoken by Mr. Ford, and apologize for that. We can confirm that those words will never again be broadcast on any of our television outlets or websites.”
Dale says even though he doesn't understand why the interview aired in the first place, he won't be suing them either.