NEWS
 
CEO of GTAA says ‘Sorry’ After Ground Stop Call
CEO of the Greater Toronto Airports Authority is finally speaking publicly about the controversial move that stranded thousands of passengers and caused delays for days.
0 0
Toronto Star

He’s been MIA since the decision to declare a “ground stop” at Pearson airport early Tuesday, but the CEO of the Greater Toronto Airports Authority is finally speaking publicly about the controversial move that stranded thousands of passengers and caused delays for days.

In an interview with the Toronto Star Howard Eng apologized to passengers but said it was too early to determine whether mistakes had been made.

“I’d like to take this opportunity to apologize to all the passengers whose journeys were disrupted on those two days.  We and the airlines and other ground handlers are doing the best we can to get that disruption finished and to get operation back to normal today.” Eng told the Star in an interview on Thursday.

Eng says there will be a review of the shutdown at Pearson International Airport and that that review will be made public. 

Howard Eng defended the decision to call a ground stop saying the backlog of aircraft waiting on the tarmac and waiting to land was already overwhelming due to the extreme cold and icy conditions that made working outside unsafe for ground crews. 

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Log in and be the first to comment!

DON'T MISS

AIRPORT TUNNEL

THE BILLY BISHOP TORONTO CITY AIRPORT TUNNEL

PortsToronto will open a new pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport on July 30th, which will serve as a significant piece of infrastructure that will provide travellers with fast, convenient and reliable access to the airport

NEWS ALERTS

STAY CONNECTED

Sign up for out Breaking News Alerts and receive up-to-the-minute coverage of the top stories of the day

 
0 0
Toronto Star

He’s been MIA since the decision to declare a “ground stop” at Pearson airport early Tuesday, but the CEO of the Greater Toronto Airports Authority is finally speaking publicly about the controversial move that stranded thousands of passengers and caused delays for days.

In an interview with the Toronto Star Howard Eng apologized to passengers but said it was too early to determine whether mistakes had been made.

“I’d like to take this opportunity to apologize to all the passengers whose journeys were disrupted on those two days.  We and the airlines and other ground handlers are doing the best we can to get that disruption finished and to get operation back to normal today.” Eng told the Star in an interview on Thursday.

Eng says there will be a review of the shutdown at Pearson International Airport and that that review will be made public. 

Howard Eng defended the decision to call a ground stop saying the backlog of aircraft waiting on the tarmac and waiting to land was already overwhelming due to the extreme cold and icy conditions that made working outside unsafe for ground crews. 

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Log in and be the first to comment!

Top stories

Police reveal the numbers after just under a month of having the HOV rules in effect...

Poll

Protesters from Black Lives Matter blocked traffic on the Allen last night to protest police shootings. Was this the best way to make a point?

Voting is restricted to one vote every 24 hours 24 hour(s) VoteResults