Rob Ford Crack Video Could Be Viewed in Open Court

The infamous video of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack could be played in open court sometime this year after six alleged gang members decided to forego preliminary hearings and go straight to trial.

The Toronto Sun is reporting that the six alleged Dixon City Bloods gangsters, including Liban Siyad-who tried to sell the video that made headlines worldwide, could seek disclosure of the crack video when their trials are held.

The other men charged are Ahmed Abdullahi, Daud Hussein, Abdulkadir Mohamud, Abdullahi Harun and Naimo Warsame.  All are facing various weapons and gang-related charges.

The men are due back in Superior Court to set further court dates on March 5th.

The remaining 48 alleged members of the Dixon City Bloods will have preliminary hearings in November and December.

1. Angry Bill posted on 01/16/2014 08:59 AM
    When this video does come to light, I'm wondering if it might be a bit anti-climatic. I mean, we all know already what the contents are.. what he's doing, what he's saying. Sure, I wanna see the video, but I don't really think it'll tell me anything new.

I do think, however, that Ford's popularity will drop a bit once it comes out. People being people, unless they see it for themselves, they tend to make excuses.

However.. no matter what's in that video, I still can't see it making me switch to the dark side and vote socialist/liberal at any level. Ford's a conservative, but then John Tory calls himself one, too.

1. Karl Burgin posted on 01/16/2014 09:11 AM
      @Angry Bill Again, right on the money. Also right that this might hurt Ford's popularity a bit too.
      Although, all through this entire episode, I highly question the judge's objectiveness in all this. Although the leaks (in the end), may have shook up Ford to get back on the straight and narrow, it has also no doubt polluted any hope of objectivity for any case, present and future, to be handled fairly and without bias.
      I wonder how the Star is going to handle the coverage- always fun to see them shoot themselves in the kneecap.
    2. Mark7 posted on 01/16/2014 09:25 AM
      @Angry Bill "The fact remains, Ford's transgressions, as bad as they are, affect mostly himself. McGuinty's transgressions affect everyone in the province. We are all much poorer as a result of McGuinty's antics. I don't think Ford's antics have cost me a dime, as an Ontarian. And I think that might be the tact that a lot of Ontarians take."

Bravo! This is what the Ford Haters Club members cannot grasp. We have had it with decades of Fiberal stupidity. Fiberal supporters are okay with the lies, corruption and stealing money as long as they wear fancy suits and can talk eloquently while lying in their words.

One thing that cracks me up more than the rest of the fiasco is this. Rob Ford has embarrassed us?! This rhetoric comes from those who know not. The countries that are jumping on the bandwagon against Ford have had for decades far more to be embarrassed about. Possibly Ford is a welcome distraction from how much less their political houses are in order?
    3. Frankie posted on 01/16/2014 09:29 AM
      @Angry Bill Written perfectly!
    4. Rob Ford's Cadillac posted on 01/16/2014 09:32 AM
      @Angry Bill Ha ha ha ha HA! Karl Burgin and Angry Bill, the two lone holdouts on 1010 from Fraud Nation living in a dream world. How's life OUTSIDE the city, guys? Still have opinions about a Mayor who doesn't represent YOU?
      You two are so deluded it's hilarious!
      Hey, if Rob Fraud was a grade school teacher for one of YOUR kids, would you still forgive his 'transgressions'? Would you mind a crack addled, gang lover around your children? No? So why's it okay to if he's the CEO of the largest city in Canada? The answer is : IT'S NOT!
      You two need to get in therapy and stop living in denial. You're enablers of the worst kind. You enable stupidity.
    5. WP posted on 01/16/2014 09:46 AM
      @Rob Ford's Cadillac these people standards in their lives must be pretty low if they have to be apologists for the scumbag petty crack smoking criminal.
      I'm sure Rob and Doug would be ok if one of their kids teachers associated with criminals, smoked crack, skunk drunk driving with one hand on the wheel the other holding an open bottle of vodka and taking off to coach football in the middle of class.
      they would perfectly be ok with that. that teacher would still keep his or her job
    6. Karl Burgin posted on 01/16/2014 11:14 AM
      @Rob Ford's Cadillac In all honesty, I'm kinda scared to answer you in kind.

The way you kinda blew up when you believe that Premiere's don't get elected- I was concerned about you blowing a gasket- and then being stuck with a gi-normous repair bill.
      I only sympathize with you because I drove a Cadillac for a while too. Loved the car, but the head-gasket blew- costing me thousands to fix. Wouldn't want the same to happen to you.
      So I will take care and not rile you up here too. Take care and ease up on the gas pedal.
    7. Karl Burgin posted on 01/16/2014 11:21 AM
      @WP You are an ass- here's why:
      *No one is ok the mayor smoked crack. We are ok its not happening anymore, that he is improving, and able to do his job. Unless you are as blind as a bat, or so choose to be, the physical evidence is there
      *The fact that the Mayor needs to meet the Premiere is an important one. Its not for the benefit for one or the other, but it is for the people they serve. Hudak (for a change) actually grew a pair, and criticized Wynne for not being an adult in this
      *The real reason why you're mad is because Ford is still mayor. Which probably dashed your dreams on the rocks, visualizing Ford politically, and personally ruined. I know reality bites (where is that guy anyway), but hold your head up, bite your tongue, and deal with it.
      *You are now on my list of those I look forward to, of having his head explode, should Rob Ford be voted back in. If you assumed that he won the last time, and he was all drunk and drugged out, well I feel sorry for you this time. Because now the man is clean, sober and buffing up. He was a tornado the first time he ran- now he's a hurricane.
    8. Angry Bill posted on 01/16/2014 11:25 AM
      @Rob Ford's Cadillac Ironically, I think the socialist/liberal Torontonians here look upon you the same way the provincial conservatives look upon the Fords representing their cause.

If you've bothered to read any of my posts, you will realize that I am not a "Fraud Nation" person, as you put it. Again, the irony there is pretty rich, too... Because the liberals have "fraud" down to a science.

Tell you what.. you want me to respect your opinion, why don't you prove to me that your convictions are genuine, and just sign the rest of your paycheque over to the liberals? Because you obviously have NO problem at all with their PROVEN dishonesty, or self-serving antics, or their many, many scandals.. quite a few of which have cost us a LOT of money. So give them the rest of your money, seeing as that part doesn't seem to faze you at all.

My point was, and still is, that I believe a lot of Ontarians will see that Ford's antics hurt mostly himself, whereas McGuinty's antics have hurt all Ontarians, particularly in the pocket book. I get it, you've shown that you're quite okay with that, you don't need to respond yet again. I understand. So, let's just agree to disagree. You vote for your dishonest, promise-breaking, money-guzzling liberals, and I won't. Cool?
  2. justsaying posted on 01/16/2014 03:36 PM
    The biggest error in these pro Ford statements is that you try to leverage your feelings about the Ontario Liberals, onto those who may stand against Mayor Ford.

Nope, they are different.

One is a thing called Municipal Politics and one is called Provincial Politics.

Each have their own elections and are separate.

Maybe if you lived in this city you would understand it. Since you don't maybe your education board needs improvement.

No doubt you could blame someone other than yourself for that too.

I for one would not support the Liberals, and while I know it will disturb you - I could not vote for Hudak. His policies are those of a 8th grader running for class president in a Suburb's Junior High School, not the most powerful province in the country.

But, these are two completely separate arguments.

Olivia Chow announced today she is considering running for mayor. I predict she will win with over 70% of the vote. Ford Nation will disband and the city will forget that we ever had a crack smoking mayor. The world will not, but the rest of us will try>>>>> JustSaying
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 01/16/2014 04:13 PM
      @justsaying Finally, I've been dying to tear apart an argument. Thank you JUSTSAYING.

1.> Yeah, sure. I agree that one is on the municipal level, while the other is on the Provincial. Not sure what your point is there. Money is still money. Lying to steal it from your citizens is still the same across the board- no matter what level of government you represent.
      Also, you might not want to bring up that Premieres are elect. ROB FORDs CADILLAC would blow a gasket here whenever someone mentions that

2.> I don't see how the opinion of one who lives in the city of Toronto differs that much in from one who lives outside the city, in terms of its validity. Thousands of people commute and do business every day- that live outside the city of Toronto. Whichever mayor in charge will directly affect them. This could be whether a mayor decides to raise taxes needlessly or not. Or how the transportation infrastructure is serviced and maintained. Or how well the public transit is. All these services cater to people who commute to Toronto.
      Or, if you take it from another angle, it affects whether people decide to move TO Toronto or not. Or it could also be the deciding factor of whether a business decides to stay in Toronto, or move to another municipality. All these are based on the mayor, and the agenda he touts.

So yeah, the opinions of those who live outside the city, is just as valid as those who live within it.

3.>You say you will not support the Liberals, but will support them anyway because ou don't like him (whatever the reason might be), you'll vote Liberal again. I am sorry, but that has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The Liberals have to go- there are no if, ands, or buts about it. The NDP are joined to the hip with the Liberals- so they're a no-go. So all you are left with are the Conservatives. Hudak is not everyone's cup of tea, but he is the only viable alternative. Wait and see how he does before you demonize him. Don't write him off for stuff hes never done yet.
      Hudak would have to adhere to a higher standard when he's elected, so he wouldn't be able to pull off the same crap like Wynne. If he doesn't, it would be election time again.

4.>As for Olivia Chow winning.....by 70%....I don't know if you were trying to be funny, but that is simply laughable, and crazy talk. Tory is the only one who might threaten by rocking the boat a bit.
  3. justsaying posted on 01/16/2014 04:57 PM
    Provincial money or municipal money are separate. Talking what you spin as provincial corruption as if it had any relevance on municipal politics is your argument's flaw and it is making you look desperate - especially when you challenge it..

Karl, I won't support Hudak as he is not worthy of my vote. I live in an NDP riding, which has been NDP for 25+ years. It'll stay that way, so ranting about the Liberals to me does nothing.

People who live in Canada cannot rail against a US President because they visit Miami during the winter months. It is the same thing for you.

you say - " the opinions of those who live outside the city, is just as valid as those who live within it." I say that is bunk. Use the above example if you are still unclear about the logic of this argument.

Sure you are entitled to an opinion about a Mayor of a city nearby your home, but it holds no weight. It would be like me talking to an American tea Part supporter. He'd say the USA isn't my country so who cares what I think!! And I'd have to agree cause I am not a citizen of that country...

If John Tory chooses to run, all that will do is split any Right vote along those who are centrist, ensuring a Chow victory There are more centrists to left leaning in TO than there are right wingers. Anyone I know from the political center who supported Ford have long since bailed.

There are only fringes of society who cling onto the Ford Nation notion.

Chow's ability to build bridges is legendary. Centrists will flock to her over a right of center leaning John Tory.

Yes, Mayor Chow. Get used to it. It will happen. And if it is a race between Ford and Chow, no question Chow wins by a landslide.

Get off the pipe dude. It's over.
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 01/17/2014 10:03 AM
      @justsaying No...provincial money and municipal money are not separate. They come from one tax payer. So if I were to decide between someone who is financially sound but has some personal problems, vs. someone who has no apparent personal problems, but has a history of blowing money out the wazoo, I gladly choose the former.

I'm not going to harp on you supporting the NDP. But you should really be concerned about your NDP being joined at the hip with the Liberals. As I said, I used to like Andrea Horwath. But when she put the self-interest of the party first before the people of Ontario, when it came time to punish the Liberals, my respect for her flew right out the window. I can assuredly tell you, that is the sentiment of most who had liked Ms. Horwath as well.

And you are severely dense if you think that those who live outside Toronto, that their opinion doesn't count- and you think it the same as Canadians having an opinion on American politics. That has got to be the most absurd comparison I have ever heard- and you have got to get yourself back to school, and re-familiarize yourself with the social sciences. Because common sense alone seems to be failing you here.
      I gave you example after example, as to how outside opinions can affect the vote- and you still turn a blind eye? If by some miracle that Chow wins, and you see business after business relocate out of Toronto to the nearby municipalities, and watch as your precious tax dollars leave as well, then you can come back and tell me that I was right- when it's too late.

"There are only fringes of society who cling onto the Ford Nation notion."
      Do you mean the polling numbers, and Ford's approval rating that are consistently 40% week after week, are only the fringes of society that cling to Ford nation. You, my friend are in serious denial.

"Chows ability to build bridges...."
      Do you mean Chow's ability to return to the status quo of Councillors throwing away money, the same way the Liberals have been doing for the last decade on the provincial level. But let's not mention the province, because to you, money on the provincial level is different from money on the municipal. So let me start over....
      So Chow, who is willing to return to the days of Miller, and possibly be even worse than Miller was- this is the candidate who you think is going to un-thrown Ford? If Ford had barely won the last time, Chow might be a threat. But Ford won by a landslide- and there is a reason for that. The people of Toronto do not want a Miller or one with Miller-like tendencies running the city. If Chow came in, of course she would have the ability to build bridges. Who is going to disagree with someone who holds the same 'tax-and-spend' policies, if the other Councillors hold the same belief?

As I said, Chow beating Ford at all is crazy talk- let alone Chow beating Ford in a landslide. You really need to wake up and smell the latte.
    2. JC posted on 01/17/2014 10:14 AM
      @justsaying bang on! Only when we rid ourselves of the Fords and clear out the stench can this city move forward after 4 wasted yrs
    3. Karl Burgin posted on 01/17/2014 12:24 PM
      @JC If Ford gets re-elected, its going to be a looonnggg wait for you...
  4. justsaying posted on 01/17/2014 12:34 PM
    re: If by some miracle that Chow wins, and you see business after business relocate out of Toronto to the nearby municipalities, and watch as your precious tax dollars leave as well, then you can come back and tell me that I was right- when it's too late.

Sure, just like businesses would move out of NYC and relocate in Hoboken NJ. Not going to happen.

Also, since you wish to talk about those who live outside the GTA and use the city's infrastructure, I'd gladly propose that ANY non 416 license plate have to pay a toll to enter the city. That way you could pay for the city you like to use, but contribute nothing to (other than to rally for politicians you cannot elect, whose issues are really none of your business).

Again, if you think tolls to enter TO will stop 905'ers like you from entering the largest city in the country and stay in Brampton ..... then let them stay off our roads and allow people who live here to actually maybe find a parking spot.

It is like a person from Saudi Arabia trying to impose their will on Syria. That's what you are doing by interfering with municipal politics of a city you do not live in. Stay in your suburbs and away from us. We don't want you anyways....
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 01/17/2014 02:03 PM
      @justsaying OK...now I know you're off your rocker.
      Toronto did get big and gigantic on its own. It has all the municipalities around it to thank. For without them, Mississauga would be the one more prosperous than Toronto.
      If you take every single person that commutes downtown to work, or own a business, and move them out, you will have no downtown core. You will have no entertainment district. And for sure you won't have a financial district. The GO trains are a testament to that (of which I thank God I don't have to take part in anymore), and all the parking lots full of cars where the subways stop.
      Or what about those who deliver from outside of the GTA? Because now that you've imposed tolls, are you now willing to pay higher prices for goods and services. Because businesses are not going to eat that cost. Guess who's going to ultimately end up paying for it- YOU.

Be very careful what you wish for my friend- nothing good comes from wishing just out of spite. Just because you don't like the man who sits in the mayor's chair- or those who support him.
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 01/17/2014 02:04 PM
      @Karl Burgin "Toronto did get big and gigantic on its own"
      Toronto did NOT get big and gigantic on its own....
  5. justsaying posted on 01/20/2014 04:46 PM
    You seem to think we care about what you who do not live in our city have to say. If we set up tolls so the 905'ers who use our infrastructure yet contribute nothing to it, it will mean that people like you will for once pay for what you use. I do not travel to Caledon and park on your streets, and if I did, it would be a one off, unlike you who use is daily?? So yes, time for the interlopers to pay their due. Will it drive business away from TO? No Way! Have you ever been to NYC? Putting tolls on the bridges keeps nobody out. Your argument is bogus.
  6. bob posted on 01/27/2014 04:50 AM
    I would love road tolls to enter the city as i am a 905er and a road toll would allow me to charge my 416 customers more money.
  7. bob posted on 01/27/2014 04:50 AM

School starts on Tuesday, are you looking forward to sending the little ones back to class?