A man had to be rushed to hospital for smoke inhalation following an apartment fire on Dufferin Street.
Toronto Fire tells Newstalk 1010 that the blaze broke out in an apartment on the 6th floor at 300 Dufferin Street at around 6:45a.m. Tuesday. Within minutes the fire was under control, but one male resident had to be taken to hospital for smoke inhalation. He was said to be in serious but non life-threatening condition.
Residents in the building were told to shelter in place, meaning no evacuation was necessary.
The cause of the fire was not immediately clear.