NEWS

Higher rush hour parking fines go into effect
It'll cost you $150 instead $60 as of Thursday
7 0

Curb hogs and others who hold up the flow of traffic during morning and afternoon rush, are under the microscope, starting Thursday.

The new fine for parking in a no-stopping zone during rush hour has gone into effect. It's now $150 instead of $60.

Rush hours are also being expanded by an hour in the morning, and one hour in the afternoon, making them 6 a.m.-10 a.m. and 3 p.m.-7 p.m.

However, on Jan 23rd the new parking fines will be applied to the old rush hour times. The new ones won't go into effect until March.

Parking enforcement officers will now be encouraged to ticket parked vehicles with expired license plate validation stickers with a fixed fine of $40.

Other changes such as towing your vehicle on your fourth offence if you haven't paid your other 3 tickets, will be phased in.

Categories:

1. john posted on 01/23/2014 11:07 AM
    yet another money grab in progress . ( no surprise here ) no thanks government blood sucking leaches . i would rather walk . don't be surprised when companies start to move out or go bankrupt cause thay cant get there product in the stores to sell . just like is happening in the town i live in .
  2. Frankie posted on 01/23/2014 11:22 AM
    The real money grab came when they made fighting a ticket virtually impossible. Disappointed Ford didn't tackle that.

I've had tickets with obvious misinformation (eg. lying about the time I parked, or parking legally and showing an address a block away) so they can fill their quotas.

An abuse of the system with obstacles to prevent fighting the errors.

Re rush hour, how about allowing deliveries early morning and evening (outside of rush hour) as is done in other cities? But no, our leftie politicians don't want residents disturbed.
    1. john posted on 01/23/2014 11:45 AM
      @Frankie the reason why ford did not jump on it is because the dumb ass councilors illegally striped him of his power .
  3. Karl Burgin posted on 01/23/2014 01:38 PM
    I kinda disagree that this is a cash grab. This is actually should have been in place along time ago- and this is what the parking police should focus attention. Not ticketing people for kicks on side streets to fill quotas.
    There was a few time I had to use my car to off-load equipment in the off-load zone. And I would stand outside watching my car for minutes and no one was around. I would literally spend 3 minutes (I used a timer on my watch a couple of times) to dump everything at my workplace and rush back outside. By the time I got there, I had already gotten a ticket, and the person was gone.

Ultimately, the parking police have to use their time more effectively, and efficiently, instead of focusing on filling quotas. If they had being doing that, we probably wouldn't have gotten to this stage.
    1. john posted on 01/27/2014 12:17 PM
      @Karl Burgin thats what a lot of people say about the drive clean program and guss what happened there .
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 01/27/2014 12:22 PM
      @john The only difference there though, is that the province doesn't have its grubby fingers in it. As inept as city council is, they are still marginally more responsible than the provincial government we have been blessed with (although the gap keeps getting closer and closer).
      And I'm one of those that hate the drive clean program with a passion- as I've been screwed over $300 bucks to fix a problem, that in the end was given the OK, even though it was never fixed.
    3. john posted on 01/27/2014 02:01 PM
      @Karl Burgin not yet give them 2 years . then thay will .

@NEWSTALK1010

DON'T MISS

SICKKIDS

2 DAYS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Tune in to NEWSTALK 1010 on May 30th and 31st from noon to 6pm and you can make a difference. Click here to see how you can help

IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE

MISSED THE SHOW? DON'T MISS THIS!

Aaron Waxman & Associates present the 4th annual IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE -- if you missed the show, DON'T WORRY. You can check out video and pics RIGHT HERE

NEWS ALERTS

STAY CONNECTED

Sign up for out Breaking News Alerts and receive up-to-the-minute coverage of the top stories of the day

7 0

1. john posted on 01/23/2014 11:07 AM
  2. Frankie posted on 01/23/2014 11:22 AM

An abuse of the system with obstacles to prevent fighting the errors.

1. john posted on 01/23/2014 11:45 AM
  3. Karl Burgin posted on 01/23/2014 01:38 PM

1. john posted on 01/27/2014 12:17 PM
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 01/27/2014 12:22 PM
    3. john posted on 01/27/2014 02:01 PM
      @Karl Burgin not yet give them 2 years . then thay will .