Deputy Mayor denies report that staffers were sent on beer run

The Sun learned that Kelly's staffers picked up a few cases for a Super Bowl party

Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly denies that city staff was sent out on a beer run for him.

The Sun has learned that last week, two of Kelly's staffers picked up cases of beer at the Beer Store and delivered them to Kelly's home in Scarborough for this weekend's Super Bowl.

Kelly says it's no big deal, "This is something that's happening on private time, and so I don't see any problems at all."

The Deputy Mayor further explained the situation, "It's a gathering, staff. The refreshments were brought by them, on their own time, their own car."

Kelly's people say this happened in the evening, after work hours and they used their vehicle to get the beer and their own money for a Super Bowl party at Kelly's Sunday.

1. shayne posted on 01/31/2014 07:05 AM
    if it looks like snake and hisses like a snake,he a snake
  2. Jake posted on 01/31/2014 09:21 AM
    If this had been Rob Ford, Daniel pissy pants Dale & Robyn Donothing, would be hiding and peeking over his fence, after all the fake mayor is a liberal hack.
    1. r2d2 posted on 01/31/2014 09:42 AM
      @Jake let's not compare the two conservatives. very unfair!
      Ford is a drunk driving crack smoking self entitled petty criminal with criminal gang associations with a dysfunctional family that happens to have mental issues of the highest extreme.
      Ford is so way out there he makes the right wing actually sound credible as hard as that may seem.
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 01/31/2014 10:31 AM
      @r2d2 Its ok....the truth hurts- I know.
    3. donny p. posted on 01/31/2014 10:56 AM
      @Karl Burgin Finally you admit that you've been hurt by the truth, we're finally getting through your stupidity and you're beginning to understand your ignorance.

That was no beer run...just employees coming to a party and doing the BYOB thing. Unlike you, those of us that go to informal corporate events understand these things. Our time, our money, our beer. Stop looking for issues where there are none and focus on the fat fuck of a mayor who sent his staff for drugs and drink on my time...and stole corporate resources by not even showing up for work...like you. Is there a reason why you only post from work? You're being monitored.
    4. REALITY BITES posted on 01/31/2014 12:35 PM
      @donny p. Karl Burgin being monitored at work?

That should be easy considering that the twenty-something computer tech boy is in his basement swapping PC parts or in the middle of yet another sour grapes rant.
    5. Karl Burgin posted on 01/31/2014 12:47 PM
      @REALITY BITES No...you're wrong. I'm in an office environment. But good try though.
      As to Donny's point about posting from work, I don't always. Nor does my manager much care. But unlike Donny, at least I'm at a job, instead of wasting away in a basement (or cave) somewhere.

And, as sometimes as bad as you can be Mr. Reality, and we disagree on most things, I would much rather answer to you, than your racist little friend- who's still due for a beating from me. Unless he's sorry and retracts the offending statement of course.
    6. Mark7 posted on 01/31/2014 02:42 PM
      @REALITY BITES Do not lower yourself to donny's standards. He is so messed up and racist that he should be banned from this site. Most of us now will not even answer to him and have turned our backs on the twit.

DONT FEED THE TROLL
    7. r2d2 posted on 01/31/2014 03:05 PM
      @Mark7 i've turned my back on you too and mooned you at the same time your posts are so ridiculous!
    8. Karl Burgin posted on 01/31/2014 03:25 PM
      @Mark7 "DONT FEED THE TROLL"

He might bite your hand off.
    9. Karl Burgin posted on 01/31/2014 03:26 PM
      @r2d2 Is that the standard reply when you've lost an argument.
      MARK7 is right...the last thing we need is other people descending to the level of Donny P.

We may not always agree, but at least let's try not to be unnecessarily nasty.
    10. Mark7 posted on 01/31/2014 10:39 PM
      @Karl Burgin ROFL Karl. Who the heck is this guy? Out of nowhere he insults me? Man did I get a laugh! Is mooning even still done? bahahaha
    11. Karl Burgin posted on 01/31/2014 11:31 PM
      @Mark7 It seems easy to pick a fight with anyone...especially when he's not getting as much attention.
      Between you and me though, I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one getting picked on this time. ;p
    12. Mark7 posted on 02/01/2014 01:07 AM
      @Karl Burgin I was glad r2d2 tried to pick on me for a change also. All he accomplished was to make an ass of himself.
  3. Karl Burgin posted on 01/31/2014 09:29 AM
    My, my, my....look how the tables have turned.

Now lets see, if this were Rob Ford we would have:
    *Blanket media coverage
    *Reporters hounding the mayor outside his office
    *One or two press conferences
    *No doubt a Toronto Star headline
    *This material being circulated through the Late Night TV circuit
    *Haters coming out of the woodwork to joyfully call for the mayor's head
    *Professionals on the radio talk shows trying to further diagnose/psycho-analyze the mayor
    *A number of city councillors saying that the mayor is an embarrassment to the city

But, of course we, are all too naive to believe that only the mayor has skeletons in his closet, and no one else right? How about we follow the smoking gun, and see what's really hiding in Norm Kelly's closet? The man's got nothing to hide- right? Will the Toronto Star assign a 17-man roster rummaging through Norm Kelly's closet? Where the heck is Gawker when you need them?
    1. REALITY BITES posted on 01/31/2014 12:36 PM
      @Karl Burgin Your sour grapes are more tender than usual today, computer tech boy.
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 01/31/2014 12:43 PM
      @REALITY BITES I'm not being sour. Just find the situation hilarious, and ironic.
      I bet you when council voted that this guy be the "mayor" of Toronto, that they wouldn't have to deal with such issues. Their poster boy is turning out not to be so perfect after all.

And also, just so we're clear, I personally don't care if staff is going out to buy beer for Super Bowl Sunday for Kelly.
      BUT-
      Since this entire media fetish with reporting on Rob Ford BEFORE all the problems emerged, a new precedent has been set. This is the point I was trying to drive home so many times, long ago. Now it's coming to fruition. And also, we will now see if the double-standard rears its ugly head- depending on if/how the media coverage is on this. What's good for the goose, should be good for the gander.
    3. Mark7 posted on 01/31/2014 12:43 PM
      @REALITY BITES Everything Karl mentioned would transpire.
    4. REALITY BITES posted on 01/31/2014 12:50 PM
      @Karl Burgin Your denial of all "bad-things-Rob" is bordering on depression.

Careful now ... we wouldn't want to lose the all-time rant champ from here, computer tech boy.
    5. REALITY BITES posted on 01/31/2014 12:51 PM
      @Mark7 With cause ... as has been proven over and over again.
    6. Karl Burgin posted on 01/31/2014 02:04 PM
      @REALITY BITES Ugh....in all the statements, I've posted in this article alone, where am I in denial of anything. It's almost as though you suffer from tunnel syndrome.
      The double-standard is staring you right in the face, and you're willing to ignore it. What does that tell you?

....don't bother answer. The question was rhetorical.
  4. bozo posted on 01/31/2014 02:28 PM
    Looking at his face, he looks so gone, so senile.

What do you think of the Raptors' new logo?