3 family members dead in suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
Paramedics were called to a Brampton home during the early morning hours on Monday
4 0

A mother, father and son have lost their lives in what's believed to be a case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Peel police were called to a Brampton home around 2 a.m. on Monday, where five people were exposed to the gas.

Paramedics transported six people to hospital from the house on 2 Linden Crescent, which is near the 410 Queen Street East.


Three of those people did not have any vital signs and police confirm they are a 59-year old woman, her 60-year old husband and their 36-year old son. 

The other two were taken to hospital for observation.

The couple's 29-year old son came home and heard the carbon monoxide detector going off, and discovered his family members.

Police say the family's furnace was not working over the weekend, and they had propane heaters inside the home to keep them warm.

 

Categories:

Leave a comment:

showing all comments · Subscribe to comments
  1. Kevin posted on 03/17/2014 10:47 AM
    This is very tragic. I don't understand how people don't know that carbon monoxide will kill them.
  2. bob posted on 03/17/2014 01:14 PM
    sad. tragic. stupid. but sad. Sad that not one of 3 adults knew that this was a totally stupid thing to do. not one. Mother, father, 2 adult sons and 2 other related adult males all living the the same house? Says something. Not sure exactly what, but it says something.
  3. Angry Bill posted on 03/17/2014 01:24 PM
    It's quite possible, if they were recent immigrants to Canada, that they may not have been aware of the potential dangers of having propane heaters indoors.
  4. Karl Burgin posted on 03/18/2014 03:53 PM
    My God....those people are from the Calypso Hut in Brampton. That is so sad....
    I know remember always seeing them when buying food there, but never really knew who they were.
showing all comments

@NEWSTALK1010

Facebook

DON'T MISS

AIRPORT TUNNEL

THE BILLY BISHOP TORONTO CITY AIRPORT TUNNEL

PortsToronto will open a new pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport on July 30th, which will serve as a significant piece of infrastructure that will provide travellers with fast, convenient and reliable access to the airport

PAN AM GAMES

PAN AM GAMES TAKE OVER TORONTO

The Pan Am and Parapan Am Games take over the city until mid august. Follow the excitement with Canada's best athletes and the avoid the traffic chaos that comes with the event

ART BELL

NEW SHOW: MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT WITH ART BELL

Art Bell has returned to NEWSTALK 1010! His new show continues to focus on discussing the paranormal, science, myths and conspiracies

NEWS ALERTS

STAY CONNECTED

Sign up for out Breaking News Alerts and receive up-to-the-minute coverage of the top stories of the day

 
4 0

A mother, father and son have lost their lives in what's believed to be a case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Peel police were called to a Brampton home around 2 a.m. on Monday, where five people were exposed to the gas.

Paramedics transported six people to hospital from the house on 2 Linden Crescent, which is near the 410 Queen Street East.


Three of those people did not have any vital signs and police confirm they are a 59-year old woman, her 60-year old husband and their 36-year old son. 

The other two were taken to hospital for observation.

The couple's 29-year old son came home and heard the carbon monoxide detector going off, and discovered his family members.

Police say the family's furnace was not working over the weekend, and they had propane heaters inside the home to keep them warm.

 

Leave a comment:

showing all comments · Subscribe to comments
  1. Kevin posted on 03/17/2014 10:47 AM
    This is very tragic. I don't understand how people don't know that carbon monoxide will kill them.
  2. bob posted on 03/17/2014 01:14 PM
    sad. tragic. stupid. but sad. Sad that not one of 3 adults knew that this was a totally stupid thing to do. not one. Mother, father, 2 adult sons and 2 other related adult males all living the the same house? Says something. Not sure exactly what, but it says something.
  3. Angry Bill posted on 03/17/2014 01:24 PM
    It's quite possible, if they were recent immigrants to Canada, that they may not have been aware of the potential dangers of having propane heaters indoors.
  4. Karl Burgin posted on 03/18/2014 03:53 PM
    My God....those people are from the Calypso Hut in Brampton. That is so sad....
    I know remember always seeing them when buying food there, but never really knew who they were.
showing all comments

Top stories

You're asked to check in on family or friends who may live alone

Poll

The head of the Canadian Olympic Committee wants Toronto to host the 2024 Summer Olympics given the success of the Pan Am Games. Do you think it's a good idea?

Voting is restricted to one vote every 24 hours 24 hour(s) VoteResults