New documents released surrounding Sandro Lisi, Rob Ford investigation

Police have received the green light to comb through cell phone information from both Ford and Lisi...

Another step forward in unraveling the mystery surrounding the relationship between Mayor Rob Ford and Sandro Lisi.

The lawyer representing multiple media outlets, Peter Jacobsen, joined our broadcast partners at CP24, to talk about the release of new information contained in search warrant documents in Project Brazen 2.

You'll remember that one, as the one involving Mayor Rob Ford and his former driver, Lisi.

Lisi has been accused of extortion and is also up on drug related charges.

What these new pages contained was information included in a March 7th search warrant. Police were looking for permission from a judge to search through Lisi's cell phone and also through Mayor Ford's phone and On Star.

For the up to 10 gigabytes of data on Lisi's phone, investigators had to travel to California, to Apple's headquarters, to get them to unlock the information contained inside.

We still don't know what any of this information is, but we do know that police are now combing through videos, pictures, text messages and audio recordings along with access logs.

And nothing has been proven in court.

1. Sonny posted on 03/24/2014 05:33 PM
    He smokes crack! It's time to vote out the bum. Anyone but Ford!
    1. Mark7 posted on 03/25/2014 10:09 AM
      @Sonny Mr. Ford over any leftie I say! He was voted in to do his job, and accomplished almost everything in his election promises. The ones he did not get through were because lefties HATE all other political stripes. It is so sad that haters cannot see that he is the best mayor we have had, in my 50 years of life.
  2. Mark7 posted on 03/24/2014 08:05 PM
    FORD MORE YEARS, FORD MORE YEARS, FORD MORE YEARS, FORD MORE YEARS
  3. John Malvo posted on 03/24/2014 08:12 PM
    You might just turn into a Bum when all the others will be dipping into your pocket. An really there no difference between Mayor For and Kathleen Wynne , she admitted to smoking some weed while and MP.....hmm shall we investigate her to too? Open one on me as I smoke weed Daily..lol
    1. Mark7 posted on 03/24/2014 08:17 PM
      @John Malvo FORD MORE YEARS, FORD MORE YEARS, FORD MORE YEARS, FORD MORE YEARS
    2. Shawn posted on 03/26/2014 12:55 AM
      @John Malvo I was not aware that weed and crack were the same substance.
      Moreover, I was not aware that Wynne had close ties to alleged drug dealers, and Toronto gangs.
  4. Only Common Sense posted on 03/25/2014 05:32 AM
    ... and the noose will tighten around the mayor-in-name-only's neck very soon.
  5. Etobi-COKE Voter posted on 03/25/2014 05:37 AM
    The Ford Boys are great judges of talent............

If they didn't work for family, who would hire them?
  6. AdrianoC1981 posted on 03/25/2014 08:13 AM
    I would honestly like to know what these cops are really looking for? It seems to me that this is a big wild goose chase and right now, the goose is winning. If you're going to arrest the Mayor, then arrest him already. This is getting old and boring. It's like the Road Runner getting chased by the coyote. Every time he thinks he has him, POW! He hits a roadblock. But, the coyote is relentless. He will keep trying and trying and trying. You know what? Either catch the guy and arrest or leave him the hell alone. Everybody already knows this useless information that the media feels is "useful" information. MOVE ON! I wasn't aware that political assassination could be dragged out this long. I will do tis though, I will give Mayor Rob Ford credit because anyone else who's life was put under the microscope as his is would have quivered, put their tale in between their legs and ran as fast as they could. But not Mayor Ford. He instead has stuck it out and is willing to continue to get scrutinized by the media for what he believes in. That is exactly the type of person I would stand behind in any fight whether it be political or on the streets. If the police come up with nothing in the latest Project Brazen 2 investigation, them in fact Mayor Rob Ford, you got my vote.
    1. Fact Provider posted on 03/25/2014 08:51 AM
      @AdrianoC1981 It isn't about "political assassination", moron - it's about gathering evidence !
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 03/25/2014 09:40 AM
      @AdrianoC1981 I agree with you whole-heartedly of course...
      But I'm not surprised that you make your point in this article, and right away, the people who don't agree with you start with the insults.

That tells me one of two things.
      1.>Either their vocabulary is extremely limited, and that's the best they've got
      2.>Under all that left-wing rhetoric and spiel, they realize that you might be right. So drowning you with insults and non-logical spiel is the only way to make your points go away.

Again, I'm with you on this. But I've reached the state you've reached now months ago.
      Yeah I defend Ford where its warranted, and I was quite actually interested to see where this goes- and hears Ford's defense in all this.
      At this point, I no longer care about document dumps, police press conferences, and investigative reporting on Ford any longer. Because what ALL this has accomplished is people just tuning the 'white noise' out. Ford is still not on trial or charged with anything. Ford can deny all he wants, but because media, and everyone else wants 'the court of public opinion' route, anything the mayor says to defend himself will be drowned out in screams of 'liar, liar, POF'.

I don't think the cops are fishing anymore. They are dragnetting the bottom of the sea bed, desperately hoping something comes up. I blame the courts for playing into this "court of public opinion" ploy. I blame the media for being like 'pigs at the trough' in this.

Legit news isn't sexy, and doesn't sell anymore. So now we crave for sensationalism, and gossip.
      Destroy Ford at any and all costs right? I ultimately fear the precedent set by this.
  7. justsaying posted on 03/25/2014 09:46 AM
    Wow, If Fraud Nation has nothing to fear, then why are they all upset about the police investigating our crack smoking, booze swilling mayor in name only's phone records?

Oh Ford Notion, you are so comical! Who will you rally behind once Rob is thoroughly defeated at the polls?

Too bad Saddam Hussein is dead.
    1. Angry Bill posted on 03/25/2014 10:11 AM
      @justsaying He may very well be defeated, but you are ignoring reality if you think it'll be a thorough defeat, as you suggest. There's a hard core element who will vote Ford no matter what.

If you want honesty and capability in the mayor's office, John Tory is about your only option. If you don't want those 2 things, then you can vote for just about anyone else and you'll get what you want, which I can only assume doesn't include honesty or capability. Your choice.
    2. HP posted on 03/25/2014 10:19 AM
      @justsaying Saddam Hussein was the most progressive leader in the Middle East...women were well educated and had real jobs, Western culture and dress were encouraged, Iraq had complete freedom of religion, the country was well advanced into the 21'st century, there was separation of religion and government. The north was autonomous and controlled it's economy and politics.

Saddam, like all ME leaders had to rule with an iron hand as his country was an artificial consolidation put together by the British, but it worked, the people shared in the oil income, everyone was equal.

But then America invaded and occupied a working country and created a mess...the British estimate that over 1 million civilians were killed during the 10 years, and then America cut and ran after the Iraqui government would not extend immunity to American military.

Canada did the same in Afghanistan.
  8. Fact Provider posted on 03/25/2014 12:25 PM
    While it's been amusing to parry and thrust with the likes of Karl Burgin and Mark7 (albeit unfair since both of them are engaged in such delusion and lack of sensible thought), I must go and engage in something worthwhile - having lunch.

If and when these 2 rabid Ford supporters come to their senses, they will see that the only choice for Toronto is John Tory - fiscally slightly right of centre, well versed in matters of decision-making, affable and possessing a social conscience.
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 03/25/2014 12:43 PM
      @Fact Provider Overall, you seem to be a very sad and lonely individual- who seems to be mad at the world.

*You pick fights when people disagree with you. Even when the people you pick fights with weren't interested in fighting to begin with- or to fight back
      *I was unaware that I was submitting my opinions to the professor of advanced english- with my supposed sub-par grammar, spelling and sentence construction. And here I thought my job was done once I'm able to get the point across. Oh well, critiquing others by being a grammar nazi, usually is a tactic when one has run out of ammunition. Ironically, Mr. Fact Provider never had any to begin with.
      *Name-calling and insulting right off the bat. I wasn't aware that when I post something here, it was going to be reviewed by someone who is 2. I share my thoughts on the topic of the forum with mature adults. I'm sorry but I don't argue with kids
      *You say you only get my points every thousand words or so. If it takes you THAT much effort to understand what you're reading, the next time I promise I will use pictures to make it easier for you.

BTW (by the way- in case you didn't know), you should change your identity. Because from start -to-finish today, you've provided everything BUT the facts.
    2. Mark 7 posted on 03/25/2014 04:13 PM
      @Fact Provider LIAR You have never engaged either of us. You can't and therefore won't. All reading this thread can see you have not.

If you are continually going to lie little one, then at least do not leave undeniable proof that you are.

Also use your real username and stop voting for yourself too donny p lol
  9. Angry Bill posted on 03/25/2014 12:45 PM
    I had some spare time over lunch, so counted the comments. Out of 67 comments, 44 of them were dedicated to personal attacks and had little to do with the topic.

Not really trying to make a point here, just an observation. All of us here should rent a room in a bar somewhere, order some drinks, then have a drunken fist fight. I'm in.. anyone else?
    1. donny p. posted on 03/25/2014 02:02 PM
      @Angry Bill I got dibs on Karl...want to beat his lips to a bloody pulp and give him a good thrashing.
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 03/25/2014 02:46 PM
      @Angry Bill Don't want to get into a drunken stupor with donny. The last thing I want is o land someone in the hospital.
  10. Alex posted on 03/26/2014 06:13 AM
    Rob Ford and Doug Ford are dirty.

Does the prospect of the Burlington Skyway being closed for a number of days, change your travel plans for the long weekend?