NEWS
 
UPDATE: Beaches jazz fest gets new grant
Province announces $75,000 is coming its way through the Ontario Music Fund
1 0

Beaches Jazz Fest fans can breathe a sigh of relief.

The province has announced the annual Beaches International Jazz Festival applied to the Ontario Music Fund and earlier this week was awarded a conditional grant of $75,000.

Event organizers learned earlier this month that they did not receive another grant from Celebrate Ontario, whcih they have won for several years in a row.

"We're grateful," says event executive director Lido Chilelli. "These funds will certainly go a long way in helping us produce this year's festival."

He says, though, that they're not at the finish line just yet.

The plan was to add new programming and extend the length of the festival this year, but only if they were to receive all the government funding they asked for. Organizers wanted the event to last three weekends instead of two.

Chilelli says they are still working out the details as they continue to discuss additional funding with the province and look for more corporate sponsors.

Categories:

Leave a comment:

showing all comments · Subscribe to comments
  1. Don posted on 03/27/2014 04:31 AM
    I love music but 3 weekends is a bit much to block traffic/business with blockades all around. I do hope that they bring in some Bigger acts and organize and restructure better than they do. Consider the generation that usually attend to sit comfortable, and not be trampled by people trying to get a glimpse of acts.
showing all comments

@NEWSTALK1010

Facebook

DON'T MISS

IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE

TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD OUT!

Aaron Waxman & Associates present the 4th annual IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE -- May 19 at the Liberty Grand

NEWS ALERTS

STAY CONNECTED

Sign up for out Breaking News Alerts and receive up-to-the-minute coverage of the top stories of the day

 
1 0

Beaches Jazz Fest fans can breathe a sigh of relief.

The province has announced the annual Beaches International Jazz Festival applied to the Ontario Music Fund and earlier this week was awarded a conditional grant of $75,000.

Event organizers learned earlier this month that they did not receive another grant from Celebrate Ontario, whcih they have won for several years in a row.

"We're grateful," says event executive director Lido Chilelli. "These funds will certainly go a long way in helping us produce this year's festival."

He says, though, that they're not at the finish line just yet.

The plan was to add new programming and extend the length of the festival this year, but only if they were to receive all the government funding they asked for. Organizers wanted the event to last three weekends instead of two.

Chilelli says they are still working out the details as they continue to discuss additional funding with the province and look for more corporate sponsors.

Leave a comment:

showing all comments · Subscribe to comments
  1. Don posted on 03/27/2014 04:31 AM
    I love music but 3 weekends is a bit much to block traffic/business with blockades all around. I do hope that they bring in some Bigger acts and organize and restructure better than they do. Consider the generation that usually attend to sit comfortable, and not be trampled by people trying to get a glimpse of acts.
showing all comments

Top stories

Hundreds of youths attack officers, throwing bottles and bricks...

Poll

Do you think the Raptors need to win Game 3 tonight to survive the first round?

Voting is restricted to one vote every 24 hours 24 hour(s) VoteResults