NEWS
 
WATCH: Panicked Toronto owner tries to save choking dog hung up in elevator
Owner thought dog was going to die
10 1

It's a pet owners nightmare.

Your animal struggles to survive as you watch on helplessly.

That happened to 25 year-old Ryerson University student Tamara Seibert earlier this month when her 5 year-old Rottweiler Vado got hung up in the elevator of her Toronto condo.

 

The 110 pound dog walked into the elevator with his owner March 2nd going down to the parking garage and his leash got caught in the elevator doors. When the elevator started to go down, the dog was lifted towards the ceiling as his panicked owner furiously tried to stop the elevator.

When that didn't work she held on to the dog and tried to get the Vado out of his collar and in the struggle she broke two of her fingers.

She believes part of the reason her dog lived was because his leash broke. When that happened he fell to floor just as the doors to the elevator opened in the parking garage.

Seibert has posted the surveillance video from the incident to her Facebook page as a way to warn others to be careful with pets in elevators.

Categories:

DON'T MISS

TED RADIO HOUR

Welcome to TED Radio Hour hosted by Guy Raz, Saturdays at 6pm and Sundays at 7pm

 
10 1

It's a pet owners nightmare.

Your animal struggles to survive as you watch on helplessly.

That happened to 25 year-old Ryerson University student Tamara Seibert earlier this month when her 5 year-old Rottweiler Vado got hung up in the elevator of her Toronto condo.

 

The 110 pound dog walked into the elevator with his owner March 2nd going down to the parking garage and his leash got caught in the elevator doors. When the elevator started to go down, the dog was lifted towards the ceiling as his panicked owner furiously tried to stop the elevator.

When that didn't work she held on to the dog and tried to get the Vado out of his collar and in the struggle she broke two of her fingers.

She believes part of the reason her dog lived was because his leash broke. When that happened he fell to floor just as the doors to the elevator opened in the parking garage.

Seibert has posted the surveillance video from the incident to her Facebook page as a way to warn others to be careful with pets in elevators.

Top stories

Expenditures nearly $3.4 billion more than same period last year