Mayor Ford denies getting upset at ACC

CTV News

Mayor Rob Ford is on the defensive after a weekend of appearances at sporting events.

Speaking to reporters at city hall, Ford denied being under the influence at either the Jays game on Friday or the Leafs game on Saturday.

"I wasn't drunk at either game. I wasn't drinking at either game," he says.

Even though he has admitted to smoking crack cocaine in the past, he got upset over questions about whether he had taken any drugs.

"You guys ask stupid questions," he told reporters.

He also denied that he was belligerent at the ACC.

Budget chief Frank Di Giorgio, who attended the Leafs game with the mayor, says Ford got upset over not being allowed into the Directors' Lounge and suggested it may have been over his vote against giving taxpayer money to Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment to expand BMO Field.

"I was told by security that in fact, at that time, that wasn't the main reason. It was because there was a special function going on at the Director's Lounge," Di Giorgio says. "I tried to communicate that to the mayor, but the mayor was not having any part of that."

Mayor Ford is downplaying his reaction.

"If there was a private function, that was fine," Ford says.

After the Leafs game, the mayor ended up at his city hall office until about 1:30 a.m. He dismissed questions about what he was doing there.

"I can do whatever I want. This is my office."

1. Sonny posted on 04/07/2014 03:20 PM
    Ford is playing you suckers as the victim. Di Giorgio who voted to loan money to MLSE did not get in either!
  2. tanjo posted on 04/07/2014 03:28 PM
    Does this rant FINALLY convince Ford Nation that no, he is not one of the them? This is David Miller-style entitlement we are looking at.

Only an elitist can afford to go to a Leafs game, then whine about not being allowed into the Director's Lounge!
    1. Mark7 posted on 04/07/2014 10:02 PM
      @tanjo Oh brother. Put a sock in it already. blah blah blah...
    2. Mark7 posted on 04/08/2014 06:20 PM
      @tanjo Why the hell would you want to see a Leafs game? The last time they won the cup in '67 I was four. Besides the fact of when the NHL had its first strike. I am one of the few who said he would NEVER watch NHL again, and never have. Not one game, one period or any of the playoffs when Vancouver was in the final.

The reason I mentioned all this is very simple for the astute to recognize. The NHL is akin to city council lefties. They always want more money and waste whatever they receive. Lefties know it is far easier to keep raising taxes instead of actually WORKING to find efficiencies. Lefties are a corrupt bunch of lazy ass, arrogant (both word definitions) and criminal people.

In closing, I can now see why you do not support a far right politician. You would need to see your nose first to accomplish that.
    3. tanjo posted on 04/09/2014 12:36 AM
      @Mark7 To Ford Nation, anyone who does not blindly support Ford 100% is akin to City Council Lefties.

And I actually can see my nose. I prefer to look a little further down the road. If I only focus right in front of my nose, whatever it is will likely to smack me in the face.

For the record, I don't support Far-Left politicians either.
  3. tanjo posted on 04/07/2014 03:33 PM
    And for the love of everything good, please get him to STOP wearing Toronto Sports Jerseys!

Look at his record: Bills: blow a 4th quarter lead; Argos: upset in semi; Brocos: well, yeah; Jays: lose home opener; Leafs: worst effort at the absolute worst time of year.

Do not let him wear a Raptors Jersey !!! Aside from the obvious aesthetic reasons, those kids have worked to hard to have it all undone now!

Now if someone can ship him some Columbus, Tampa, Detroit and Philly jerseys, that might be helpful!
    1. dama posted on 04/08/2014 02:22 PM
      @tanjo Rob Ford is a sport fan and he can WEAR any sport jersey he likes.. what make you King to prevent fans from wearing jersey?

So you have nothing else to blame Ford on and you are using jersey to blame any Toronto sport team lost on him???

tsk tsk tsk
    2. Doug Ford posted on 04/08/2014 02:48 PM
      @dama Rob has been asked by the Argos not to wear their jersey and have asked him to leave their games. Although The Leafs have not made a public statement, they have made it known to us privately that Rob should stop embarrassing the team by wearing their colours. They surrounded him by their security to stop him from taking away from the game and making that night all about him. He called me for advice and I wisely told him to run across the street, grab a cab, get back to his office, bring a couple of friends, and party on where he can do whatever he wants.

The Raptors and Blue Jays want nothing to do with him and have not given him a jersey so I'm making them up at Déco Labels when I can find enough material in the right colours. I got caught with the Ford logo and that billboard so I'll be more careful.

We know that he can wear anything he wants (that sort of fits) but the teams keep complaining that they represent Toronto and Rob continues to embarrass them and the city. I'll try to talk some sense into him, but every time the rich team owners complain, he gets more votes, so we'll stop after the election.

Time for some more attack ads!

God Bless Toronto.

FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS

Thank you.
    3. tanjo posted on 04/08/2014 03:29 PM
      @dama As The Man says: I am letting his record speak for itself.
    4. dama posted on 04/09/2014 02:48 PM
      @Doug Ford As Rob Ford's brother, you should tell Tim Leiweke , CEO of the Toronto sports team to start winning.. it is not Rob Ford that is embarrassing the teams by wearing their jersey.. it is the poor performance that is embarrassing fan like my brother Rob Ford for he paid good money to watch poor performing team..

How embarrassing it is that The Toronto Maple Leafs signing millions of dollars to Kessel, Phaneuf, Kadri and then some and not make the play off AGAIN.... !!!!

So who is embarrassing who now??

As a fan,, I am embarrassed by the TEAMS n not your brother; , your brother Rob Ford.has not waver from who he is.. he still lies, (everyone lies), he still drinks(everyone drinks, hence the May 2 4 weekend) he still do drugs(Tylenol) thats alright..
      and he is stil popular..

and you know what.. if he lose in this election.. it is your fault.. ...
      Rob Ford
  4. Karll Burgin posted on 04/07/2014 04:30 PM
    --- An Open Letter to Rob Ford ---

God knows I've tried hard for many months to make excuses for you, Rob, but even I have to call it quits at some point.
    You' keep proving that you just can't stay sober and represent the city properly - and it's time for you to cancel your campaign and get out of public life.
    I call on the remnants of Ford Nation to join me in urging you to just go away.
    1. Peter posted on 04/07/2014 04:37 PM
      @Karll Burgin Rob says that he can do whatever he wants in his office and I hope he gets re elected. If he loses the new mayor will need to completely renovate, fumigate, and disinfect that office...it must smell of old sex and alcohol, like those old motel rooms on the Lakeshore. It will cost us taxpayers a fortune to get that place clean again.

Even a brothel must be cleaner and smell better than his office...I wash my hands and rinse my mouth after each time I just think of what he does in front of his computer, alone and in the middle of the night.
    2. Doug Ford posted on 04/07/2014 05:07 PM
      @Peter That's not fair. Because of his build and small penis, Rob does occasionally miss that toilet but we ask him to sit when he urinates so he no longer makes a mess. Because of his size, he does have issues with wiping himself so I keep some Handy-Wipes on hand. And a little jizz under his desk gets cleaned up by the morning staff and he keeps some Fabreeze handy if he gets surprised by late night visitors.

His office doesn't smell that bad, better than his house and truck. I only wish that he returned all those empty vodka bottles for the deposit to make a good example of not wasting money.

He does have his faults, but they're harmless unless you catch a disease when you visit his office or shake his hand.
    3. Mark7 posted on 04/07/2014 10:09 PM
      @Karll Burgin Although it was obvious that you being a leftie would do something this infantile, at least you put two l's in Karl, son.
    4. Mark7 posted on 04/07/2014 10:12 PM
      @Peter You Ford haters really are a sad lot aren't you? The desperation of knowing a fiscally responsible mayor will get re-elected probably is peeving you off.

FORD MORE YEARS Deal with it.
    5. dama posted on 04/08/2014 02:29 PM
      @Karll Burgin I am really surprised that you threw in your towel.. Rob Ford is not ypur typical politician,, he is not savvy, he cannot communicate well , not as fluent as JT, he is over weight(trying to lose some and you know what.. it s hard) also he is some kind of blue collar type of politician hence Ford Nation loves him.....

You have 6 more months to Oct 27 and this will not be his last blunder..

Better him than Olivia Chow..
    6. tanjo posted on 04/08/2014 03:36 PM
      @dama dama, this is the two-L Karll. Haven't seen the one-L Karl around lately. Hope he comes back. While I disagree with pretty much everything he says, he does it with style!
    7. Karl Burgin posted on 04/08/2014 04:50 PM
      @dama Wow....I miss just ONE day, and you have donny pretending to be me plus 3 other people who agrees with himself. How comical- and still yet so pathetic....

Hey tanjo....nice to see u back ;p
    8. Karl Burgin posted on 04/08/2014 04:56 PM
      @Mark7 It is sad....especially when one person tries to be three people- and then agree with himself. And the entire time using other people's ID.

Too bad I don't feel sorry for him. What's the saying- idle hands are the devil's playthings....
    9. dama posted on 04/09/2014 02:54 PM
      @tanjo arggg that explain.. so who is who now??

Will the REAL Karl.. pleas stand up or raise your hand.....
    10. Suz58 posted on 04/27/2014 02:42 PM
      @Karll Burgin Well said Karll! I do believe some politicians go into it with good intentions. But let's face it, they all seem to come out with the only intent being on themselves. The rise and fall of stardom.
      Who in their right mind would want to run again after the lies and deceit not to mention having his Mayoral duties stripped?
      My instincts usually serve me well and I just feel it that there is another bomb yet to drop and it is going to be a big one!
  5. arthur posted on 04/07/2014 04:54 PM
    He goes to the hockey game causes sht gets told to behave leaves in a cab with strangers gets separated from Frank Di. Frank tracks him down and Rob won't tell him where he is? says now he went back to city hall (of course! the vodka is in his office) then goes to a nightclub??
    nothing unusual about a typical Rob Ford wknd night.
    his poor wife and kids. does this guy ever go home straight and sober? :(
  6. sari posted on 04/07/2014 05:15 PM
    Maybe they were too embarrassed to count their city money grab in front of the mayor, or any Torontonians in fact. The province and the feds had better not offer to give these folks any of our tax dollars to support their profiteering.
    1. tanjo posted on 04/07/2014 07:29 PM
      @sari They don't keep their money in the Executive Lounge. Pretty sure, anyway. Unlike Rob Ford, I have never been in there. Nor have I whined about never being in there.

Also keep in mind they are using the money to make improvements to City Property, which they rent from the City. Oh, and they are going to pay it back with interest.

Everyone except Rob Ford, and those that choose to still believe every word he says despite everything that has gone on, knows that this is a great deal for the city.
    2. Mark7 posted on 04/07/2014 10:18 PM
      @tanjo I believe him and in him. He did what he promised to do in his election platform. Never has a leftie came even close to accomplishing that.

What did not go through in his promises is completely the fault of arrogant self serving lefties in city council. Case closed
  7. Neo posted on 04/07/2014 08:24 PM
    Given his worships record for lying, surely we know which version to believe here.
    1. Mark7 posted on 04/07/2014 10:21 PM
      @Neo This is not news and completely irrelevant. His personal time is none of police state thinking peoples' business.
    2. Edwin posted on 04/07/2014 10:35 PM
      @Mark7 Mark. Are you ok with the mayor lying time after time?
      Tell me, what did he promise everyone in the city, on national television last fall? Tell> I would like to hear you repeat it.

Also tell me if you are ok with our mayor, the man whom is supposed to be running this city, hanging out to some really shady things?

People like you blow me away.

I am ready to hear your logic as to why are giving him a pass on all of this stuff? The guy needs some help. He clearly has an alcohol problem and i can almost bet he is still doing drugs.

Do we not want better.

You supporters of Ford really make me wonder.

The man is not fit to run this city. He runs around like a little boy and is acting like a moron.

Thanks. I look forward to your response. Captivate me. Sell Rob Ford to me.
    3. Mark7 posted on 04/08/2014 03:28 AM
      @Edwin Supporters of lefties make me wonder more. The answers to your question have been posted here for months, adnauseam. For me to repeat them will surely be met with denial. Just like people who vote for the criminal Fiberals are in constant denial.
    4. Mark7 posted on 04/08/2014 02:53 PM
      @Mark7 I am very, very, very, very, sorry for that stupid post supporting our retarded mayor Rob For and sincerely, sincerely, sincerely, sincerely, sincerely, sincerely, apologize for being such a moron.

NO MORE FORD, NO MORE FORD, NO MORE FORD.
    5. justsaying posted on 04/08/2014 03:11 PM
      @Mark7 His personal time is his own business? Maybe if he wasn't Mayor of the largest city in the Country!

Mark - the arrogance,entitlement and redness on your neck is showing.

Ford Notion is for those with no class. None at all. It is made up of the lowest of city's white trash, some brown trash, and a smattering of Somali Drug lords in North Etobicoke. This is Ford Notion. This is who the clown resonates with. The rest of us are done with the indignity. Bye BYE GOOF!
    6. Mark7 posted on 04/08/2014 03:20 PM
      @justsaying Rob Ford can do whatever he wants in his personal time, he's mayor only the few hours per day that he shows up at city hall. He can do whatever he wants in his office, drink, smoke crack, eat pussy...even pee on the floor and it's none of our business.

The more stupid stuff he does, the more votes he gets from the Ford Nation that support him without question.

So STFU and leave the big guy alone.
    7. Doug Ford posted on 04/08/2014 03:22 PM
      @justsaying Please stop picking on my poor brother, deep down inside he's very shallow and you're making him cry (and drink and do crack).

You're nothing but a bunch of bullies.
    8. Mark7 posted on 04/08/2014 05:42 PM
      @Mark7 Hello donny p. You still have not matured I see. Tis a pity. Keep mimicking me please. It is flattery and also shows how immature you are.
    9. Mark7 posted on 04/08/2014 05:44 PM
      @Mark7 Thanks again donny p for showing all how ridiculous a person you are.
    10. Mark7 posted on 04/08/2014 06:00 PM
      @justsaying Now look here you annoying little twit. I have had it with the likes and stupidity of you.

"His personal time is his own business? Maybe if he wasn't Mayor of the largest city in the Country!"

Relevance of your statement please. It makes no sense at all. The witch hunters never in the history of Toronto have attacked a leftie like this. NOR HAVE THEY FOLLOWED THEM AROUND 24/7. Have you got that point in your little mind yet? It has been mentioned here for a year now. Surely even you can remember the facts as well?

"Bye BYE GOOF!"

An act of complete desperation to use that word. Since only those who have served time in jail use that silly word, I can safely surmise you are a criminal. Sorry to have called you out and burst your bubble, son.

One who has no rebuttal to offer resorts to childish name calling. At least you are staying true to the left on an adult news forum.
      Just like city council lefties, provincial and federal lefties, you waste the taxpayers money and time by resorting to school yard tactics, instead of doing your job. BYE BYE UNENLIGHTENED AND HATEFUL ONE.
    11. Mark7 posted on 04/08/2014 06:02 PM
      @Doug Ford Donny p, your dementia is getting way out of control now. There are medications that can help you in the first couple of years. After that you will be admitted to long term care. Deal with it now instead of acting out on others.
    12. justsaying posted on 04/08/2014 07:32 PM
      @Mark7 Dude: The word Goof has been around a long time. Your assumptions are just like Ford Notion - wrong, attacking and misinformed.

If any elected official acted in the way Rob has, I'd want him or her out. Please note: admitting to smoking a joint(s) does not equate benders on the Danforth, smoking crack with constituents or any of the many other downright inappropriate actions Rob has done while in office.

What he does on his own time in the public eye matters.

At MLG, he could have just let it go, but instead he grandstanded, made assumptions and public accusations, claiming he is being picked on, when in fact he is behaving like a drama-queen clown - causing the very mayhem that dogs his every step.

If only he could just grow up. But that may not be who he is. But what remains is not what this city needs. Being an adult would be a good first qualification to be Mayor. Peace.
  8. tanjo posted on 04/08/2014 03:39 PM
    Out of curiosity, any idea why the Leafs jersey has RONA on it? Was it a freebie?
  9. Karl Burgin posted on 04/08/2014 04:53 PM
    So yeah- about this so-called story. I'm just tired of the non-news.
    This is not news. And this isn't really worth publishing.

And it just goes to show the faux-sympathy of the media. Of them wanting the mayor to'get help' for a problem he doesn't have.

No essays today- just a simple statement:
    FORD MORE YEARS!

...and to Karl Burgin with the extra 'L', because the forum wouldn't let you copy my name in its entirety- try again son.
    1. Mark7 posted on 04/08/2014 06:11 PM
      @Karl Burgin G'day Karl. May I reiterate FORD MORE YEARS?

As election time draws slowly closer, the desperation of the lefties is growing incrementally more apparent. They are starting to realize (just like bitch Wynne), that lying and spouting complete nonsense is not working this time. The will be whining like little babies here for another four years about Ford when he gets in. I am going to relish that greatly.

FORD MORE YEARS
    2. Mark7 posted on 04/08/2014 06:34 PM
      @Karl Burgin I forgot to mention that Rob Ford just recruited the disgraced vet from The Trailer Park Boys and Ben Johnson, the athlete that disgraced Canada for his campaign. Makes sense...trailer park trash and a disgraced cheater...maybe Don Cherry will do the speech again.

Good going Rob...a great choice.

FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS

YAY Karl, welcome back...we need you!
    3. Karl Burgin posted on 04/08/2014 07:35 PM
      @Karl Burgin Hey Karl Burgin, check the spelling. One 'l' Mr. expert.
  10. kenfromcanada posted on 04/08/2014 08:32 PM
    Took a few days off, come back and - donny p(utz) and one of his aliases here - mark7 is talking to himself, then his new one karlll, a posting away!!

Way too much time on his hands.

lol
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 04/09/2014 11:30 AM
      @kenfromcanada I'm almost scared to see what comes next.

And one question, how come he isn't imitating you...you're just as guilty as the rest of us in writing good posts and making sense. Something donny p. has a hard time coming to terms with.....
    2. AC posted on 04/09/2014 03:37 PM
      @Karl Burgin you've never made sense a day in your life you geek!
    3. Karl Burgin posted on 04/09/2014 03:41 PM
      @AC Oh, AC......aren't you ever tired of being stupid?
    4. Karl Burgin posted on 04/09/2014 03:45 PM
      @AC Idiot! Don't you realize that the geek will inherit the earth?

But sadly, as proven many times, I have no idea about anything...just being a trained seal or parrot like all good teachers.
  11. Suz58 posted on 04/27/2014 02:32 PM
    "You guys ask stupid questions," he told reporters....I have heard it said, there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers. Boy, Robby has this one all tied up. The only reason he says the reporters ask stupid questions is it takes him too much time to come up with a good answer.
    What Ford does on his time is up to him. What he does in the wee hours of the early morning at City Hall is the taxpayers business.
    I really hope he hangs himself in his lies before the election because if he doesn't, Toronto will be in for a wild four years.
    Respect is something that is earned and Ford has not eared one ounce of it. I get it, everyone makes mistakes but this is just ongoing. They say you have to hit bottom before you can begin to rise again. The bottom is yet to come for Ford and the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Stay tuned Toronto, we haven't heard it all yet!

What do you think of City Hall's plan to narrow traffic lanes on Toronto's streets and roads?