NEWS

Raptor Jonas Valanciunas charged with impaired driving
The incident happened early Monday morning in Wasaga Beach
5 0

Raptor Jonas Valanciunas has been charged with impaired driving in Wasaga Beach.

At about 2:30 a.m., OPP officers responded to a report of a silver car going through a drive-through with open beer bottles inside.

Police say they located the vehicle near a residence on Oxbow Park Rd.

After an investigation, officers determined that the driver was under the influence of alcohol while in control of the vehicle.

21-year-old Valanciunas was charged.

The charge carries a $1,000 fine and one-year license suspension for first-time offenders.

Valanciunas statement:

I hold myself to a high standard and take my role as a member of the Toronto Raptors very seriously.

I apologize to the organization, my teammates, my family and my fans, and regret any negativity this incident has brought upon them.

The Raptors team has release a statement:

We were made aware this morning of the incident involving Jonas Valanciunas and are disappointed he has put himself in this situation.

We take this matter very seriously as we have the highest expectations for all members of our organization.

At this time we are continuing to gather information and we will comment further when appropriate.

1. Mark posted on 04/08/2014 06:19 AM
    What an ass #@!&. He needs a few bunches in the face. In fact. If someone hits me while I am driving, then if I am able to, I will go to the drivers car, and if I smell alcohol on his breath, then whether he is hurt or not, I intend to beat his face to a pulp.
    1. Not Mark posted on 04/08/2014 11:44 AM
      @Mark What a totally irrational and ridiculous comment. Good luck in life.
    2. Not Mark posted on 04/08/2014 11:45 AM
      @Mark What a totally irrational and ridiculous comment. Good luck in life.
    3. Not Mark Either posted on 04/08/2014 12:05 PM
      @Mark I happen to know Mark.
      He sure looks tough in print.
      The truth is he still cries when he thinks of when his trike was stolen (he was 23 at the time).
  2. tanjo posted on 04/09/2014 12:52 AM
    They need to arrange some one-on-one sessions between him and fans who have lost loved ones due to drunk drivers.

@NEWSTALK1010

DON'T MISS

SICKKIDS

2 DAYS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Tune in to NEWSTALK 1010 on May 30th and 31st from noon to 6pm and you can make a difference. Click here to see how you can help

IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE

MISSED THE SHOW? DON'T MISS THIS!

Aaron Waxman & Associates present the 4th annual IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE -- if you missed the show, DON'T WORRY. You can check out video and pics RIGHT HERE

NEWS ALERTS

STAY CONNECTED

Sign up for out Breaking News Alerts and receive up-to-the-minute coverage of the top stories of the day

5 0

Police say they located the vehicle near a residence on Oxbow Park Rd.

21-year-old Valanciunas was charged.

Valanciunas statement:

The Raptors team has release a statement:

1. Mark posted on 04/08/2014 06:19 AM
    1. Not Mark posted on 04/08/2014 11:44 AM
      @Mark What a totally irrational and ridiculous comment. Good luck in life.
    2. Not Mark posted on 04/08/2014 11:45 AM
      @Mark What a totally irrational and ridiculous comment. Good luck in life.
    3. Not Mark Either posted on 04/08/2014 12:05 PM
      @Mark I happen to know Mark.
      He sure looks tough in print.
  2. tanjo posted on 04/09/2014 12:52 AM