Smouldering embers appear to be the cause of a fire in Brampton on the weekend that levelled a Ukrainian church.
Brampton fire officials have deemed the cause of the fire accidental and say foul play was not a factor.
Father Roman Galadza says the Ukrainian community will rebuild the church that burned down in Brampton.
Flames broke out at about 6:50 a.m. Saturday at the St Elias the Prophet Church on Heritage Rd, just north of Bovaird Dr.
It was a wooden structure built to architecturally resemble a historic church. Made of douglas fir and red cedar, a blaze could easily spread through the building.
All that was left of the church was parts of a charred frame and a pile of ashes.
Galadza says it was like a death in the family.
The church is accepting donations at this website.
Brampton Fire says the fire has been deemed accidental, and there won't be anyone charged.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper tweeted his regret about the fire, calling it 'awful news.'