Hydro rates to rise on May 1st
Ontario Energy Board approves rate hike of about 3 dollars a month per home...
5 0

Be prepared; your hydro bill is on the way up.

The Ontario Energy Board approved the rate increase of 2.4%, which works out to about 3 dollars per month for the average home.

Over the course of a year, that will push bills higher by about 36 dollars.

When the prices change, the hours for mid-peak and on-peak prices also change to the summer time-of-use hours. The lowest-priced, off-peak period remains from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. on weekdays and all day weekends and holidays.

Here's how much prices are set to rise for each of the time periods.

Category

11.2 ¢/kWh

(⇑0.3 cents)

On-Peak

Weekdays 11am-5pm

13.5 ¢/kWh

(⇑0.6 cents)

The Ontario Energy Board reviews electricity prices twice each year based on updated cost estimates.

Categories:

1. john posted on 04/16/2014 03:12 PM
    and there lame ass excuse is ? we need to put a cap on these assholes . we need REAL government in queens park time for a election . time to protest the high prices . time to change the government we need a thing that thay have to go to justify the high prices and give them shit for doing it and force them to lower there prices . if thay dont like it the door is to your right . at some point people are going to stop paying for power and thay are going to wonder why nobody is buying it anymore . time to wake up we all know it is builshit what thay are saying .
  2. Mike from the hinterland posted on 04/17/2014 05:09 AM
    What more can you say? The incompetent, corrupt or just plain stupid idiots. If I see a Liberal at my door in the next election, I hope I contain my anger! Yet the Republic of Toronto will still vote Liberal.
  3. Luisa posted on 04/17/2014 08:08 AM
    That's the last straw! Everything is going up and now I'm forced to sell my house! It's going above and beyond our means. Feel sorry for our next generation!
  4. Karl Burgin posted on 04/17/2014 09:56 AM
    Yeah!!!! I get to give more of my money away to government, and their wonderful mistakes. I am just sssooooooo happy. Wooohhoooo!!!!!
    I just can't WAIT to pay even more for toll roads, rising gas prices, and rising food costs as a result of rising gas prices.
    I just luuuuvvvvv living in Ontario. Its government is so good to me.

...in case you didn't pick up the hint of sarcasm and cynicism there.....
    1. john posted on 04/17/2014 11:30 AM
      @Karl Burgin yea i feel the same way to . ( flips the liberals the middle finger )

@NEWSTALK1010

DON'T MISS

AIRPORT TUNNEL

THE BILLY BISHOP TORONTO CITY AIRPORT TUNNEL

PortsToronto will open a new pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport on July 30th, which will serve as a significant piece of infrastructure that will provide travellers with fast, convenient and reliable access to the airport

PAN AM GAMES

PAN AM GAMES TAKE OVER TORONTO

The Pan Am and Parapan Am Games take over the city until mid august. Follow the excitement with Canada's best athletes and the avoid the traffic chaos that comes with the event

ART BELL

NEW SHOW: MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT WITH ART BELL

Art Bell has returned to NEWSTALK 1010! His new show continues to focus on discussing the paranormal, science, myths and conspiracies

NEWS ALERTS

STAY CONNECTED

Sign up for out Breaking News Alerts and receive up-to-the-minute coverage of the top stories of the day

5 0

Be prepared; your hydro bill is on the way up.

Over the course of a year, that will push bills higher by about 36 dollars.

Here's how much prices are set to rise for each of the time periods.

Category

13.5 ¢/kWh

(⇑0.6 cents)

1. john posted on 04/16/2014 03:12 PM
  2. Mike from the hinterland posted on 04/17/2014 05:09 AM
  3. Luisa posted on 04/17/2014 08:08 AM
  4. Karl Burgin posted on 04/17/2014 09:56 AM
    I just luuuuvvvvv living in Ontario. Its government is so good to me.

...in case you didn't pick up the hint of sarcasm and cynicism there.....
    1. john posted on 04/17/2014 11:30 AM