Skateboarder hit by car near Kensington Market

26-year-old man fighting for his life in hospital

A run in with an SUV has left a 26-year-old skateboarder in hospital with life-threatening head injuries.

It happened around 6 p.m. Wednesday, near Kensington Market.

Police say the skateboarder was heading south on Kensington Avenue when he blew by a stop sign and collided with the SUV.

The driver stayed at the scene.

The intersection of Dundas and Kensington was closed for several hours while police investigated.

1. don was right posted on 04/24/2014 09:17 AM
    what is a 26 yr old doing still playing on a skateboard? I guess not being able to read and understand the word STOP in a clue. Charge the guy for scratching up the SUV
    1. Concerned posted on 05/05/2014 10:58 AM
      @don was right Disgusting I hope you feel horrible now about your incentive comments the young man didn't,to make it you jerk
  2. roberto posted on 04/24/2014 12:26 PM
    Shouldn't the city take some blame for this? If there are rules/laws regarding where skateboarders (and rollerbladers, cyclists and pedestrians) should be, I have yet to see any of them enforced. As a cyclist and pedestrian, I'm tired of dodging dimwits--wheeled or otherwise--as they text on their phones or fly through stop signs and stop lights. And don't get me started on electric bikes going the wrong way on a one way street. It's anarchy out there, so how do you criticize people for doing things that get tacit approval by the people making and enforcing the law?
  3. Traffic Expert posted on 04/24/2014 01:18 PM
    Rollerblades, skateboards. Are these considered road vehicles? Seriously, are they? Because I can't tell based on what I've seen in my experiences as both a driver and pedestrian. If they're not supposed to be on the street, you can't really blame the driver if you get hit or vice versa. To skateboarders: get a real car if you want to play Roadwarrior.
  4. Furious posted on 04/24/2014 02:51 PM
    The comments I'm reading are disgusting. My friend is in the hospital fighting for his life and people are making jokes about it. You should all be ashamed and disgusted in yourselves.
    1. Max Feather posted on 04/25/2014 10:03 AM
      @Furious I heard he was a top skateboarder. What is his name?

Do you believe the companies you give your personal and financial details to are able to keep them safe from hackers?