NEWS

UPDATE: Sources say Woodbridge murder might have links to the mafia
Carmine Verduci had been wanted by the Italian government for alleged ties to organised crime
4 0

York Regional Police confirm the man who was gunned down in Vaughan on Thursday 56-year old Carmine Verduci.

CTV crime reporter Tamara Cherry says he been wanted by the Italian government for alleged ties to organised crime.

A grey compact car was seen driving away from the scene and police are looking for two male suspects.

One is described as short and slim and was wearing black or grey hoodie with dark-coloured baggy pants.  Investigators have not released a discription of the other.

Police were called to a cafe in Woodbridge after callers reported hearing the sound of gunshots.

The victim was found in the parking lot outside the cafe, which is located on Regina Road, near Highway 7 and Martin Grove Rd.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene and police didn't immediately have any information on a suspect.

Categories:

1. Mark7 posted on 04/24/2014 03:52 PM
    FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS
    1. Dixie posted on 04/24/2014 04:38 PM
      @Mark7 lol what? What does the mayor of the toronto have to do with vaughan?
    2. Half-Wit D. Ford posted on 04/24/2014 08:27 PM
      @Dixie Rob lives close enough that Vaughan can smell his presence (or his feet).
    3. Mark7 posted on 04/25/2014 12:07 PM
      @Dixie Hello Dixie. A little twit has been imitating me for months here. I did not post this. I rock his world I surmise for this flattery from him. When I have had enough of him, I will be speaking with the higher ups at CFRB1010 to either have him remowed, or I may press charges. He has much in the way of harassment among hate filled posts that should be addressed in a court of law.

I know you read this (imitator) keep trying my patience and see what happens. Your keyboard cannot protect you from internet law!

@NEWSTALK1010

DON'T MISS

IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE

MISSED THE SHOW? DON'T MISS THIS!

Aaron Waxman & Associates present the 4th annual IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE -- if you missed the show, DON'T WORRY. You can check out video and pics RIGHT HERE

NEWS ALERTS

STAY CONNECTED

Sign up for out Breaking News Alerts and receive up-to-the-minute coverage of the top stories of the day

4 0

1. Mark7 posted on 04/24/2014 03:52 PM
    FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS
    1. Dixie posted on 04/24/2014 04:38 PM
      @Mark7 lol what? What does the mayor of the toronto have to do with vaughan?
    2. Half-Wit D. Ford posted on 04/24/2014 08:27 PM