NEWS

Police warn of rash of break-ins in North York
The crimes have been happening in the area bounded by Hwy 401 and Eglinton Ave, from Avenue Rd to Bayview Ave.
3 0

Police are increasing their presence in a North York neighbourhood because of a rash of break-ins.

Police will be giving an update at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Ledbury Community Centre, as well as going door-to-door to give prevention tips.

Categories:

1. Mark posted on 04/26/2014 08:24 AM
    Oh goody, police warn of break-ins.

I warn of interaction with cops. Who knows what will happen. You may end up strip searched in one of their pens.

Remember folks - If you see any cop activity that may be interesting - you have every right to film them on your smart phones.

^^^^^ Maybe that's a bit harsh, but I have not been impressed with cops in Canada in the last few years. Unfortunately, I and many people I know, do not trust them anymore, and I am not talking about societies riff-raff, I am saying this is the opinion of quality citizens, business professionals, and even some piggy teachers. I am a seventh generation Canadian so I am entitled to this opinion.
    1. Mark7 posted on 04/26/2014 08:54 AM
      @Mark Uniforms do funny things to people, not just cops but the military and clergy.

But with cops...the last decision a cop makes in his life is to become a cop. From then on he lives his life by the book, is told what to wear, what to eat, who his friends are...all aspects of his life are controlled. when faced with new situations, cops are the most insecure people that you can meet. They need to be told what to do, if not, they do stupid stuff. Same with the military and clergy...they live their entire lives being told what to do...they fall apart when they have no direction. That's why they stick together, lie, and do ham to people. Cops follow rules and expect everyone to do the same. Because of this they see their role as adversarial in society. It's them against everyone else.
  2. Frankie posted on 04/26/2014 03:41 PM
    I had a family member physically threatened by a Toronto cop's son. Reported it to police who did nothing and said his father wouldn't jeopardize his job. After that I assume all cops are dirty unless they prove otherwise.

@NEWSTALK1010

DON'T MISS

SICKKIDS

2 DAYS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Tune in to NEWSTALK 1010 on May 30th and 31st from noon to 6pm and you can make a difference. Click here to see how you can help

IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE

MISSED THE SHOW? DON'T MISS THIS!

Aaron Waxman & Associates present the 4th annual IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE -- if you missed the show, DON'T WORRY. You can check out video and pics RIGHT HERE

NEWS ALERTS

STAY CONNECTED

Sign up for out Breaking News Alerts and receive up-to-the-minute coverage of the top stories of the day

3 0

1. Mark posted on 04/26/2014 08:24 AM
    Oh goody, police warn of break-ins.

1. Mark7 posted on 04/26/2014 08:54 AM