NEWS

Nine vehicles involved in serious WB 403 crash
Two people are in life-threatening condition, and three children also have injuries that are not serious
6 0
CP24

Five people have been injured in a serious multi-vehicle crash in Burlington.

At about 6:30 p.m., OPP Const Graham Williamson says police were investigating a minot accident on the WB 403 just west of Waterdown Rd.

They were stopped on the side of the highway when a black Escalade struck the police vehicle, the two vehicles that were involved in the initial crash, a witness vehicle, two tow trucks, and two other vehicles.

Williamson says that two people, a man and woman, are now in life-threatening condition. Two children also have injuries that are not serious.

One particular vehicle, an orange Yaris, was mangled in the crash.

"It is like an absolute write-off," Williamson says. "The damage is catastrophic to the vehicle."

He adds that it looks like the Escalade drove "right over top" a tow truck that was also seriously damaged.

No charges have been laid at this point as police are still investigating the cause of the crash.

Categories:

1. Bela posted on 04/28/2014 09:11 PM
    Tragic, just tragic... yet what else do you expect when people don't pay attention one bit to what's going on around them? I see it every day around me: no blind spot check, cutting in, driving aggressively, etc. and we're surprised this happens??? Where is the police when people drive like brainless chickens on the highway?
    1. Brandon H posted on 04/28/2014 09:24 PM
      @Bela I was beside that Black SUV, it was acting a bit odd because we were all going very slow already on the highway due to the other accident, but it was stopped, so there were no cars in front of it for a good 100 meters or more. Then it started lurching weirdly, like they were pressing the brake then gas then brake then gas. Then they just took off, driving half on the lane and half on the shoulder, and as they started to clear past my view they began to swerve but not slowing down. Then I saw debris fly out and the people on the embankment on the side of the highway had their hands on their heads in shock.

So in this instance, a tragic one, the SUV was way beyond not paying attention. Something was really messed up with how they just suddenly sped off, like something mechanical went wrong.
    2. Bela posted on 04/28/2014 10:48 PM
      @Brandon H Om my goodness, that sounds like a horror story. I am so sorry you and other fellow motorists had to go through that today... I hope you're all right!
      I was on the highway too around that time, as in after it had happened, but got off at Guelph Line because I had heard on the radio what had happened and wanted to make it to Hamilton before dark, it there is such a thing...
      It'd be interesting to know what caused the car to be so unpredictable... I assume the people in the black SUV are injured as well?
    3. Brandon H posted on 04/29/2014 06:56 AM
      @Bela I would assume so because the SUV had a lot of damage to it as well on the drivers side.

There is a more detailed story on the Hamilton Spectator website.
    4. Bunny posted on 04/29/2014 07:29 AM
      @Brandon H Brandon I saw exactly the same thing as you. It was like there was something very wrong with the vehicle. BTW have you contacted OPP to give a statement?
  2. macsam posted on 04/28/2014 11:57 PM
    Where's Rob Ford!?

DON'T MISS

FORT MCMURRAY

The Canadian Red Cross is accepting donations to help those affected by the wild fires in Fort McMurray

RUST IN PEACE

Upload a pic of your rusty grill for a chance to win a BRAND NEW BBQ

PEOPLE'S VOICE AWARDS

HELP US VOTE FOR A WINNER!

Listen to the finalists in the PEOPLE'S VOICE AWARD contest and help us vote for the winner of $5,000 PLUS a guest spot on Moore in the Morning's Roundtable!

IN-DEPTH & INTERACTIVE

SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER TO GET PRESALE TICKETS!

TED RADIO HOUR

We've got a new show! Welcome to TED Radio Hour hosted by Guy Raz, Saturdays at 6pm and Sundays at 7pm

6 0
CP24

Five people have been injured in a serious multi-vehicle crash in Burlington.

One particular vehicle, an orange Yaris, was mangled in the crash.

1. Bela posted on 04/28/2014 09:11 PM
    1. Brandon H posted on 04/28/2014 09:24 PM

2. Bela posted on 04/28/2014 10:48 PM
    3. Brandon H posted on 04/29/2014 06:56 AM

There is a more detailed story on the Hamilton Spectator website.
    4. Bunny posted on 04/29/2014 07:29 AM