This is a parent's worst nightmare.
A 9-year old boy is fighting for his life after a tragic accident at his Oakville home.
The boy's jacket became entangled in the garage door while it was opening, Monday night. He was stuck there until a passerby rushed over to help, and called 9-1-1.
Paramedics were called to the home on Pine Glen Road, near Bronte Road and Dundas Street, around 7:15pm Monday and when they arrived he was breathing.
He was rushed to hospital, but was transferred to Sick Kids hospital in Toronto.
Halton Regional police say the boy's parents were home at the time, but not outside with him.
Authorities were not able to give an update on the boy's conditon on Tuesday morning.
NEWSTALK 1010 will have the latest as it becomes available.