News

 

UPDATE: Oakville boy fights for life after being tangled in garage door

Halton Regional Police say it seems the boy ducked under the garage door and the door caught his hoodie

This is a parent's worst nightmare.

A 9-year old boy is fighting for his life after a tragic accident at his Oakville home.

The boy's jacket became entangled in the garage door while it was opening, Monday night. He was stuck there until a passerby rushed over to help, and called 9-1-1.

Paramedics were called to the home on Pine Glen Road, near Bronte Road and Dundas Street, around 7:15pm Monday and when they arrived he was breathing.

He was rushed to hospital, but was transferred to Sick Kids hospital in Toronto.

Halton Regional police say the boy's parents were home at the time, but not outside with him.

Authorities were not able to give an update on the boy's conditon on Tuesday morning.

NEWSTALK 1010 will have the latest as it becomes available.

Leave a comment:

showing all comments · Subscribe to comments
  1. leslie posted on 04/29/2014 04:19 PM
    These dangerous devices can be made safe. Where is gov.?
showing all comments

Your GTA

Sign Up For Breaking News Alerts

Becoming a member only takes 60 seconds! Members get access to exclusive information and products that non-members do not, including concert ticket presales, trips, advance notice on upcoming entertainment events, movie screening passes, music giveaways and more!

Login with Facebook

Stay connected 24/7! Receive breaking news and programming alerts right to your inbox. CLICK HERE to sign-up.

Today's Poll

Should Ontario restrict the use of e-cigarettes?

Voting is restricted to one vote every 24 hour(s) VoteResults

Top Stories

Facebook

Twitter