Mayoral candidates, city councillors call on Ford to resign

Push after new drug video, audio recording of mayor surface

Toronto mayoral candidate John Tory wants Rob Ford to resign.

The mayor plans to take a leave of absence to seek treatment for alcohol abuse. Ford made his intentions knwon after a new alleged crack video and crude barroom audio recording surfaced.

Tory said Wednesday night that he's "deeply disappointed" by the new revelations about the mayor's behaviour.

Fellow mayoral candidate Karen Stintz who is mentioned in the audio obtained by the Toronto Sun the released a statement through spokesperson Karl Baldauf.

Baldauf calls the mayor's shocking, bigoted and misogynistic remarks "disgusting".

"Karen will address these comments directly in the coming days. Tonight, the people who support Karen Stintz are rallying behind her. In addition to seeking help, we hope for a full apology from Rob Ford, not only to Karen, but to all in this great city who expect more from their mayor."

On Wednesday night mayoral hopeful David Soknacki called Ford "not just a bad mayor", but "a disgrace" and urged him to resign.

Perceived mayoral front-runner Olivia Chow declined to comment on the new revelations about the mayor or his leave of absence.

1. Dean posted on 05/01/2014 12:01 AM
    Silver lining: One less candidate to split the #AnythingButChow vote.
    1. Suz58 posted on 05/05/2014 09:04 AM
      @Dean Yes Dean, we all know that it is tough to vote for someone that is going to do the job they say. People really need to understand that while the Ford brothers make it look like they are saving taxpayers money, in the long run it is costing the taxpayers more for damage control.
      The Fords are using Toronto voters. They say it is not for the money, but let's face it, everything boils down to money. Rob does not complete anything he begins, he hires people that are unqualified, that is why he was so upset with Jones resigning. Ford is a childish, spoiled, brat.
      He will come back after a month claiming to be "healed". People will believe him, feel sorry for him. Is there room for pity in politics?
  2. Mark posted on 05/01/2014 05:52 AM
    New poll out says Ford now has 54% of the vote. Hey, he's not perfect. He's just your average crack smoking, smack talking' junkie, and Torontonians think he s the best guy to run this city. And we don't have transit because...
    1. Alex posted on 05/01/2014 06:08 AM
      @Mark It is probably more like:
      "Ford now has 54% of the Ford Nation vote."
    2. Roger posted on 05/01/2014 08:21 AM
      @Mark When the alternative is to have a tax-happy Dipper for mayor, while the Premier is a Liberal who's wasted so much money she may as well be a Dipper, a crackhead who likes to privatize looks like a damn good candidate.
    3. cotrim posted on 05/01/2014 09:51 AM
      @Roger wow...dude pout the pipe down and get some help
    4. Adriane Taylor posted on 05/04/2014 08:51 PM
      @Mark That should tell you something about the state of Democracy in Ontario..no one but a saint or maybe the Pope has the guts to stand up to the left Agenda machine...I honestly think they want to kill Mayor Ford..they sure don't seem to think he has a right to live on the Planet...take your pick guys..Tory the stuffed suit, Stintz thin-skinned, and shrill, Sodnak Who?...Chow...really??...44 lefties should not be allowed to side line a sitting Mayor...it's enough to drive Mother Teresa to drink...Our forbears fought to the death for Democracy...and we allowed Wynne to toss it into nearest compost heap.
  3. Alex posted on 05/01/2014 06:03 AM
    Here is the next episode of this soap opera.

Ford re-surfaces in 30 days as 'a new man' and it is business as usual.

I say just go away and take your brother with you.
  4. Alex posted on 05/01/2014 06:12 AM
    Poorly done Newstalk 1010 pole today.
    Only two choices when there should be a"

He just plain leaves this job.
  5. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 09:02 AM
    So what did we learn today kids?:

1. Rob and Doug Ford have never stopped lying to us...never!

2. If this video hadn't surfaced, they would keep on campaigning.

3. If this video hadn't surfaced, they would keep on lying to us.

4. Rob's sister and family continue o enable his drug use.

5. That Rob, a convicted felon and drug addict, is still listed as CFO of the family company with two locations in the U.S.. why do the banks tolerate this?

6. That Rob Ford supporters are gullible idiots, perhaps true zealots like me, but idiots non the less.

Stayed tuned...more to come. This may actually be a good day for Toronto, getting rid of that fat liar that I still love so much. Just glad that I don't live in Toronto.
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 11:46 AM
      @Karl Burgin I'm not sure how you managed to get the same name as me, but nice try.

For someone who touts Ford as a big fa liar- it sure takes one to know one. Because you still don't have the balls to make posts using your own ID- which makes you what, a liar?

Go back in your cave troll and don't come back out- ever.
    2. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 01:02 PM
      @Karl Burgin Karl, this punk is a hacker that needs to be removed. My name is registered too but is continually still being used by this one twit. We can both see that he/she still has no life to live.

I am considering in inundating CFRB with phone calls to get this troll removed.
    3. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 01:11 PM
      @Mark7 I am myself very tempted to started spamming the forums (the ones that get little attention or responses) with crap- just to see how far I get; or if they even notice at all..

Honestly getting tired of this fool.
    4. Angry Bill posted on 05/01/2014 03:57 PM
      @Mark7 Um, there's no hacking involved. When you post anonymously (ie, without creating an account and using that), you can put anything in the Name text field that your black little heart desires. You can tell the difference, because if you're posting from your logged in credentials, your name is red, and clickable. Otherwise, it's grey and non-clickable.
    5. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 04:12 PM
      @Mark7 I know that censorship is a slippery slope, not very democratic either...but people that post stuff that I don't want to hear deserve to die. I've threatened to beat the crap out of these imposters but am a coward so it will never happen. Makes me feel really good just pretending to have grown a couple...that way I wake up feeling myself.

Anyway, not living, paying taxes, or voting in Toronto makes me a real man...this way I can support a drug addict who treats his taxpayers with contempt and not have to live with the consequences.

Yes...I am a real manly man!
    6. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 10:27 PM
      @Angry Bill Thanks again Bill. The problem is every time I come on this site, it says my password is invalid. Then I have to make a new one. Any suggestions? Therefore I have gotten tired of logging in with a password reset and had stopped.
    7. tanjo posted on 05/02/2014 09:33 AM
      @Angry Bill Sonofa.... I just noticed that. Thanks Bill!

And whomever is using other people's name: Seriously! The joke ran dry long ago. Please stop.
    8. Karl Burgin posted on 05/02/2014 11:00 AM
      @Angry Bill Maybe so...but the thing is, I 'm a registered user.

The only way I think he's able to post using my exact same name, is if he's using 'spaces'. Other than that, the only other reason is if the web admin has dropped the ball monitoring the activity here.
      It would not be the first time.
    9. Karl Burgin posted on 05/02/2014 11:04 AM
      @tanjo It's our frequent resident troll donny p.

Aside from his mom, he has no other form of human contact. Which is probably why he resorts to this garbage.
  6. manuel posted on 05/01/2014 09:58 AM
    here's the good news from all this.
    The Ford name in politics is dead!!! it was on life support before but now it's dead dead dead and buried for good. great news for Toronto and Deco labels should be 100% boycotted
    1. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 01:04 PM
      @manuel Bad news for Toronto IF this were true. If it does transpire you might as well take out your wallet/purse and set your money on fire before a corrupt, non caring, criminal Fiberal gets it.
  7. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 01:06 PM
    IT IS TIME FOR ALL CITY COUNCILLORS TO TAKE THE PEE TEST THAT ROB MOTIONED FOR. Otherwise they are no more believable than Rob. A bunch of lying hypocrites all lefties on city council are.
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 02:54 PM
      @Mark7 Why? Ford lied to the people, took us all for a bunch of idiots, treated us taxpayers with contempt. Now he's in hiding until we forget about about how he treated us all.

It has nothing to do about those without sin casting the first stone, everything to do with cutting out this cancerous growth in city hall.

Some people just don't get it.
    2. Donny P. posted on 05/01/2014 04:04 PM
      @Karl Burgin That's the firs thing you've ever said that made any sense, Karl Burgin! i want to have your baby!
    3. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 04:14 PM
      @Donny P. Sorry, I'm having Mark7's baby...we're naming him Mark8
    4. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 10:28 PM
      @Karl Burgin Your name is in black troll. You are not Karl, son Bye bye son, mommy is calling you now.
    5. Karl Burgin posted on 05/02/2014 11:02 AM
      @Mark7 That isn't me....and I'm starting to flag all the fake posts that he does as me.
      His mom should kick him out of the basement, and take away his computer.
  8. #AnythingButChow posted on 05/01/2014 01:08 PM
    The important thing is for hard-working Torontonians, who already lose nearly half their hard-earned income to taxes and REFUSE to lose any more, to band together and choose one of the remaining centre-right candidates to support.

I'll be the first to admit, none of the candidates in this election have impressed me. But far more than wanting any one person to win, I know that the only positive move for Toronto's economy is to MAKE SURE CHOW LOSES.

Who cares about Ford? Let him go to rehab and get clean, or flunk out and hit the rock again. The important thing is to keep this election as simple as ABC:

ANYTHING.

BUT.

CHOW.
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 01:13 PM
      @#AnythingButChow This is most important above all.
  9. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 01:12 PM
    I call on all lefties in city council to resign. You are the root of Toronto's woes.

Kristyn Wong-Tam 黃慧文 should just stuff it. Using the word homophobia makes no sense at all. We who will never accept the revolting gay lifestyle are not fearing of the gays. A phobia is a fear. It is frightening that someone who does not have basic English skills is allowed to hold any semblance of power. Sigh
    1. Adriane Taylr posted on 05/04/2014 08:56 PM
      @Mark7 Totally agree...phobia means an irrational fear..homo means same...so they seem to think we have an irrational fear of same...makes no sense...and even if it did its been so overused its sound like duh..
    2. Mark7 posted on 05/05/2014 06:09 AM
      @Adriane Taylr :) Yes. It speaks volumes at how society at large is duped into non nonsensical thinking by the media.
  10. john posted on 05/01/2014 01:15 PM
    of course thay want him to resign thay know he will win again there is no competition and thay know it .
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 01:54 PM
      @john Of course that's the end game.
      That's why you keep hearing, "Oh, you can't out a time limit on rehab. It shouldn't be 30 days. It takes years, and it's a lifetime struggle."

Oh please. The envy is showing- and it ain't pretty. Anything to break up that core support by any means necessary.
    2. Peter posted on 05/01/2014 02:19 PM
      @Karl Burgin .
      Yes, I agree Karl.

A sign of desperation. Their big efforts can only set them up for big disappointment.
    3. tanjo posted on 05/02/2014 09:54 AM
      @john A resignation a this point is pointless.

So is Ford staying in the race. Listen to that tape. Really listen. He hates his job! He loves helping people one-on-one. But, he hates the duties of being mayor. Unfortunately he is being pushed seven ways to Sunday to fight to the end.

What he needs to do take a breath, tell everyone pushing him, left and right to just F*** right off, finish his term as mayor and run again for Ward 2 councillor, where he can do something he really loves.
    4. Karl Burgin posted on 05/02/2014 11:06 AM
      @tanjo Can he tell the media, and the people who always follow him around taping him to F-off too? It would be nice if he could ;p
    5. tanjo posted on 05/02/2014 11:17 AM
      @Karl Burgin Effectively, he did a long time ago. That is why they follow him around so agressively.
    6. AdrianeT posted on 05/05/2014 04:07 PM
      @tanjo No..he was blowing off steam in his sisters basement..the media and the useful idiots they have on speed dial have not left the man alone for one minute...I challenge you to go through the next week and think how you would fare if the media was hounding you all the time...just stop and think how well you would do if someone was recording your every move.
  11. Peter posted on 05/01/2014 02:13 PM

As Alex above stated:
    "Ford re-surfaces in 30 days as 'a new man' and it is business as usual".

Yes, that is what I am thinking too.

It's not unthinkable that Mayor Ford doesn't really need any professional help. Mayor Ford may just be cleverly satisfying the masses that demand actions from
    him to justify giving him their vote.

After 30 days, he can say "I'm a new man", that's what you wanted, now you can safely vote for me.

There is no proof that he needs professional help. The video isn't proof. He has been known in the past to set up photos, eg for the police in the past so to confuse them in retaliation for them spying. Isn't the RCMP investigating the police now?
    It seems that the press this time has taken the bait.

Is there any photo or video that ever shows him really inhaling or injecting? No.

Has a doctor confirmed that he has a problem? No

Has he declared in writing and signed it that he has a problem? No

Is there any legal certification from an outside party he has a problem? No.

Does his physical appearance (weight) agree with substance abuse? No

Would he be able to be so active in his daily job duties if he was addicted? No

The so called accusations of misogyny seem not to be misogny at all. If there was real racism, he would be out like Donald Sterling.

Like Alex (above) says:
    "Ford re-surfaces in 30 days as 'a new man' and it is business as usual"

I agree.

Good going Mayor Ford

12. arthur posted on 05/01/2014 02:39 PM
    this is what you get when you vote in conservatives! they lie about saving money they lie about the knowledge they have they lie to the voter they lie to everyone including themselves. there'a lesson to be learned here. you can never trust conservatives
    1. Frankie posted on 05/01/2014 03:28 PM
      @arthur I didn't realize the Conservatives were also at Queen's Park as you've just described the Ontario Liberal Party for the last 11 years.

Thanks for setting us straight!
    2. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 10:32 PM
      @arthur OH BROTHER! Tell me that you are for real please. Everything you mentioned is that of a criminal Fiberal, NOT a Conservative.
  13. Peter posted on 05/01/2014 02:50 PM
    I'm hearing that Rob Ford is hiding in his condo in Florida until this blows over. Doug sheds some tears, then welcomes back a "cured" candidate.

It's all another lie to fool Toronto.
    1. Peter posted on 05/01/2014 03:02 PM
      @Peter .

You said it better than I did..

The public is so gullible about this news story. The media
      is making it a bombshell like Mayor Ford was hoping.

Good Going Mayor Ford.

2. arthur posted on 05/01/2014 04:02 PM
      @Peter the trailer trash who support him don't even think he needs help.
      these people are the lowest of the low. they live their lives in the same way. they slither around life.
      good thing though. the Ford name is dead!!!
      dead and buried. neither him or his brother will ever hold office again.
      I hope the family business suffers from lost contracts also.
      the damage they did to the city
    3. Angry Bill posted on 05/01/2014 04:06 PM
      @arthur You wanna see damage? Vote in Chow. You ain't seen nuthin' yet.
    4. Masrk7 posted on 05/01/2014 10:35 PM
      @arthur You are another fool that I shall pose this question to without any reply. Tell me where in Toronto, Canada there is any trail;er parks? Well? Having shut you up there, why do you label anyone who lives in one to be "trash"? Not all people want the WASTE that a house brings with it, son. You criminal Fiberal supporters are truly sheeple. Baaaaa

GET IT, GOT IT, GOOD!
    5. tanjo posted on 05/02/2014 10:18 AM
      @Masrk7 Name-calling is useless and counterproductive.

Arguing semantics over said name-calling is just funny.
    6. Mark7 posted on 05/05/2014 06:11 AM
      @tanjo Oh really? Spare me your stupidity. Thanks

I was just proving the ignorant (both word definitions) ways of a leftie. I proved it perfectly.
  14. Tangential posted on 05/03/2014 09:01 AM
    All the documented Rob Ford misbehaviour seems consistent with the tragic medical condition of CTE (Irreversible brain impairment).

CTE is most publicly linked to retired professional football players whose lives end tragically. Rob Ford was an enthusiastic football player in his teenage years. I wonder how many concussion-like events Rob Ford personally experienced during these years?

Is Rob Ford medically fit to serve in any postion of real responsibility?
    1. Suz58 posted on 05/04/2014 10:22 AM
      @Tangential After doing some reading this morning and watching videos of Rob Ford and his brother Doug, I would say yes, there is definitely a psychological problem here. Whether it is due to concussion from playing football, I would say no. Seems to me, after Rob Ford graduated from high school, he went on to Carlton only to play football. During his first year, he was not played. After that year, he did not return to university. He then worked at the family business in sales.
      There seems to be a clear pattern with Rob and football. One video promoting the good job Ford had done with coaching had a young man when asked how football at school benefitted him replied..." I get to hit guys without getting in trouble for it". Is this what we want to teach?
      Twice Ford coached football, once as his probation for a DUI charge in the US.
      Asking Ford to resign is a matter of ethics. When asked about drug testing, Ford said yes. Watch his and his brother' body language, ask them questions...all lies! Both of them skirt around the actual questions to put out useless information to try to baffle the voters.
      Neither of them admits or apologizes for anything on their own.
      I know this is not the last we will hear from them but, I am hoping it is the end of the circus they call Ford nation and the end of the "Ford Gravy Train".
    2. Tangential posted on 05/04/2014 02:57 PM
      @Suz58 @Suz58 I think it would be fair to say that Rob Ford has been generously supported (and sheltered?) by his family's resources throughout his life. His sales job may have involved nothing more than filing and making courtesy calls to customers.

I seriously wonder if today Rob Ford could take a competency exam required for general clerical staff employed by the city and obtain a satisfactory score.
    3. Suz58 posted on 05/04/2014 04:24 PM
      @Tangential In all honesty, I don't think he could even handle that. It is no wonder the media follows them around. One lie after another. I think the whole family is in denial and very delusional. I would like to give the mom the benefit of the doubt but, I think she knows exactly what every one of her kids does. I really believe she is the biggest enabler.
      If you read on the Toronto website, the qualifications needed to run for counsel or mayor, pretty much anyone can run. If you read up on how they are to conduct themselves once elected, both Rob and Doug Ford have broken the rules, expectations and breeched the trust of the very people that elected them. Every video you watch the brothers are bragging about how they are there for the people, yet the more you watch, the more you see a pattern. No, they may not be using their positions for the money aspect, but the one pattern that is clear is the self serving behaviours concerning what they get away with, having what they think are the right connections to get them out of hot water. Articles note three separate occasions where police were called to Rob Fords home for a domestic squabble. He was charged but not convicted after threatening his wife's life. He has a very spoiled rich kid's mentality, very hostile and explosive. I cannot imagine what his wife goes through. Yet he makes a point of using his daughter crying at the window when reporters are at the home. I really don't think anything is sacred when it comes to getting what he wants. I really believe that he has bought his way out of many situations. One couple mentioned that he was driving and stopped in front of their house. They tried to get him to come in because they could tell he had been drinking.
      Smoke and mirrors, not very bright at all. These guys have no morals or ethics when it comes to getting what they want.
      I know that by the behaviours we have seen thus far, this is not over and we will be hearing of many other illegal activities.
      Poor Robbie didn't become a football star, the only thing he really seemed to be dedicated to. Was he attending University for football or to learn? In one conflict of interest case, he used the excuse that he did not attend the training that counsellors are suppose to get, so he did not realize what he did was wrong. Watching videos of counsel meetings is just as good as watching a comedy on TV. Those two are so disruptive and childish, anyone would have a difficult time doing their job there.
      Very pathetic! They should both, not be asked to resign, but fired! Anyone voting for the Fords again? They will be back for the sympathy votes.
    4. Mark7 posted on 05/05/2014 06:15 AM
      @Suz58 If you get your wish be prepared to open your wallet/purse fully, for the leftie scum to take STEAL your money from you.
    5. Mark7 posted on 05/05/2014 06:19 AM
      @Suz58 "Those two are so disruptive and childish, anyone would have a difficult time doing their job there." Yes they are. With a purpose. To get past all the bs most of city council is full of.
    6. Suz58 posted on 05/05/2014 08:22 AM
      @Mark7 Yes, mark I realize that. But think about it....you either have a politician that you expect to take it right in front of your face or you have the Fords' saying they are saving you money, when in fact, they may be saving in one place, but spending in another, where they want to, meaning football programs, hiring their own goonies, (Lisi is a good example). So, you can either vote for someone who you know is out to take your money and put it into Toronto, or you can vote Ford and pay for the druggies, uneducated people who know nothing of politics, (as we saw from Jones, avoiding the proper, fair way of hiring, just hiring his goonies not giving a fair chance for others to apply). Either way, you get what you pay for. Pay it now or pay it later! Do you like your taxes going to support the drug trade? Do you want your taxes going to fools disrupting meetings, thinking they don't have to be accountable? Rob acts like he is one of the working class, when in fact he hasn't worked a day in his life. He completes nothing and did not even complete the training required for council members. The more time the Ford brothers have to play with Toronto money, the more it is going to cost to fix it later. If they don't need the money, why is it so important for them to stay in? Do you want someone with ethics and morals, or someone that is going to lie and take your money to play with and just cost you more later for damage control?

In light of the Toronto Maple Leafs choosing to not salute the fans after a win on home ice, is this the tipping point for 'Leafs Nation' support?