UPDATE: Police investigate NEW crack videos; Brother Doug visibly shaken

Releases statement saying he 'knows I need professional help and I'm 100% committed to getting myself right'....

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed vitae mollis tellus

Courtesy for Rey Mena

Wearing a black button up shirt without a tie, and a black suit, Mayor Rob Ford left his Etobicoke home through a side door and made his way to a waiting car at the foot of the driveway. He didn't speak to reporters, as a large suitcase was loaded into the trunk of an orange Camaro, that was parked behind the small sedan.

And with that, Ford is off to rehab.

After maintaining for months that he is not an addict or an alcoholic, Rob Ford announced Wednesday he is seeking help for substance abuse, even as media reports emerged with new drug and alcohol allegations.

``I have a problem with alcohol, and the choices I have made while under the influence. I have struggled with this for some time,'' the mayor said in a statement emailed by his re-election campaign.

``I have tried to deal with these issues by myself over the past year. I know that I need professional help and I am now 100 per cent committed to getting myself right.''

The mayor said he will take a leave of absence from his re-election campaign and mayoral duties ``to seek immediate help,'' but gave no other details as to his plans.

NEWSTALK 1010 has confirmed the City Clerk's office received written notification late Wednesday night that the Mayor is taking a personal leave of absence.  He did not give a specific length of time but the statement does say the mayor would provide additional information to the Clerk as required.

That left Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly, who has essentially been performing Ford's duties since council stripped Ford of most of his mayoral duties last year, now firmly in charge, at least for the time being.

Kelly, who denounced Ford's actions as ``inexcusable,'' called the situation a ``personal tragedy'' and not a ``crisis of government.''

He also said he expected Ford would return to council.

The Toronto Sun, which carried quotes from the mayor about his decision to go get help, reported Ford will nonetheless remain on the ballot for the Oct. 27 mayoral election. The mayor has staunchly refused to step down despite the controversy swirling around him.

The announcement came as the Sun, the Toronto Star and the Globe and Mail reported fresh allegations about the mayor.

The Globe said two of its reporters viewed a new video of Ford smoking what the newspaper said was described as crack cocaine by a self-professed drug dealer. The Globe said the video was secretly filmed in Ford's sister's basement early Saturday morning.

The newspaper said the mayor would not comment on the video when approached at city hall Wednesday.

Toronto Star editor Michael Cooke said the newspaper was publishing details of ``two nights of utter debauchery'' involving Ford at a Toronto nightclub a few weeks ago.

Cooke told CP24 that it included an argument with Justin Bieber over the pop idol making fun of Ford -- ``digging him about, you know, did you bring any crack cocaine etc.''

The Star said it was unable to reach Bieber for comment.

Meanwhile, the Sun reported it obtained an audio recording that it said was of the mayor ``being unruly as he's ordering booze'' and making ``lewd comments'' about his election rival Karen Stintz at a west Toronto bar.

A spokesman for Stintz was quick to express outrage over the alleged comments, calling them ``deeply offensive to everyone living in Toronto.''

``That a sitting mayor would make such shocking and bigoted remarks is disgusting,'' the spokesman said.

The mayor reportedly told the paper he didn't remember saying any of the things on the recording but confirmed he was at the bar that night.

Dennis Morris, Ford's lawyer, would not comment on the allegations that emerged Wednesday evening. ``I can't comment on any of those until I see them,'' he said.

Ford's statement came out late Wednesday -- after the news reports in the Sun and the Globe -- but it did not address the claims about the new video and audio tapes.

The announcement Ford would seek help is the latest retreat for the embattled mayor, who initially dismissed all allegations of drug or alcohol abuse as a media conspiracy against him. He has since admitted having used crack cocaine while in a ``drunken stupor'' during his tenure. Shortly afterward, city council voted to relieve Ford of many of his mayoral powers.

The mayor also admitted he had been drinking during an incident in which he was filmed using Jamaican swear words and other profanities at a Toronto restaurant.

He vowed last year that he had given up alcohol -- part of a campaign to rehabilitate his image in light of his admission. His family had previously backed up his assertions and his decision not to resign or take an official leave.

Media reports of a cellphone video on which Ford appears to smoke crack cocaine first appeared last May, and sparked a police probe dubbed Project Brazen 2. But at that time, a guns, gangs and weapons probe called Project Traveller was already well underway. It included wiretaps that allegedly captured conversations about the video.

Police also believe that a widely published photo showing Ford posing with three men -- one shot dead shortly after the photo was taken and the other two accused gang members -- was taken outside an alleged crack house.

Mayor Ford released the following statement:

Today, after taking some time to think about my own well-being, how to best serve the people of Toronto and what is in the best interests of my family, I have decided to take a leave from my duties as Mayor to seek immediate help.

I have tried to deal with these issues by myself over the past year. I know that I need professional help and I am now 100% committed to getting myself right.

I love the people of Toronto, I love being your Mayor and I hope you will continue to stand by me.

With 5the support of my family, friends, professionals and the people of Toronto, I will conquer this.

Please keep me and my family in your prayers during these difficult days ahead.

I just want to say to the people of Toronto that I thank you for your ongoing support and encouragement. I cannot tell you enough how much I appreciate it.

Mayor Rob Ford

RELATED: Mayoral candidates, councillors call on Ford to resign

1. Contemplate This posted on 04/30/2014 09:13 PM
        Ford gets caught again.
        Ford says he's going to get help again.
        Is it a ploy?
        That wouldn't be a surprise - given his poor polling numbers.
        1. Alex posted on 04/30/2014 10:00 PM
          @Contemplate This He just lies lies and lies and doesn't stop lying.
          Every level headed conservative should vote John Tory.
          This Rob Ford is nothing but trouble and we need leadership now.
        2. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 01:42 AM
          @Alex Rob is no different than any Fiberal, yet they keep getting re-elected.
        3. Jim posted on 05/01/2014 07:47 AM
          @Alex Vote for "Tory the Tax Bringer"? Are you bleeping crazy? John Tory is no better than Olivia Chow. Tory will expand the city's debt as fast or faster than David Miller.

Give your head a shake.
        4. Angry Bill posted on 05/01/2014 10:00 AM
          @Jim You couldn't be more wrong, Jim. That you equate Tory with Chow shows how little you understand exactly what Tory is trying to do. If Tory brings taxes, you can be assured they would be well-thought out, well managed, and there would be no waste. If Chow, or any socialist, brings in taxes you can be assured it won't be well thought out, there will be a ton of waste, and money will be thrown away.
        5. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 10:24 AM
          @Angry Bill If Ford for whatever reason cannot come back, hopefully people will vote for Tory.
          Although I still sorely wish he went provincial. He would have an assured victory there, and would do a ton more good as an alternative (to the Liberals that people will actually vote for) and as a premier.
        6. john posted on 05/01/2014 10:40 AM
          @Angry Bill u do realize that tory in the last election he try ed to give money to private schools . right ? there a waste of money there mate .
        7. Angry Bill posted on 05/01/2014 10:49 AM
          @john john... we ALREADY give money to private schools. Catholic private schools already enjoy our tax dollars. John's only point was that we should either scrap that, or not discriminate against other private schools that don't enjoy the same funding that Catholic private schools do.

The liberals grabbed hold of that one point in his entire platform, twisted it, and put it out there with their spin on it for the gullible and non-thinking public to consume. And, they bought it.
        8. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 12:23 PM
          @Angry Bill Sheeple criminal Fiberal voters are why we will never get out of this worsening financial ruin, Bill. It is sad to see my province and country go to ruin by the criminal Fiberals, with the blessings of the non thinking majority.
        9. dama posted on 05/01/2014 02:30 PM
          @Karl Burgin With this latest happening, I dont think Rob Ford can make a comeback,, he is doing the right thing to get professional help

Ford Nation needs to realise that the demon is stronger than Rob Ford's flesh.. hence he relapsed quite often....

At this point and after treatment,, .. Rob Ford should stay away from politic for a while and when fully recovered run provincially..

John Tory should be gaining momentum now..
        10. Adriane Taylor posted on 05/04/2014 08:33 PM
          @Jim My message to Norm Kelly..no one but your 44 friends and Wynne cares what you think...Mr. Tory reading from a piece of paper whilst pledging undying support for Norm Kelly does not make you look like a Leader...if you have what it takes to be Mayor let's see it...my message to Wynne...I pray we have seen the last of you...my message to you 44 pompous fools who think you have a right to disenfranchise the Voters...you will reap your rewards..To those of you who are so blinded by a few missteps by a red blooded human being to see you are being maneuvered by The Left Agenda..Wake Up!!

My message to Mayor Ford...We The People will not rest until Democracy is restored to The Province of Ontario and our capital city Toronto.. The vast majority of The People of Toronto will not succumb to the efforts to silence us, remove our right to vote or our capacity to show compassion. 44 Councillors plus Wynne will not succeed in diminishing our rights under the Charter. We voted for Rob Ford...more votes than any other politician in the history of Canada...not Wynne's cot check boy.
      2. JohnVoter posted on 04/30/2014 09:20 PM
        Slap a mans hand down when he's reaching out for helps makes you look like the foolish ones.

This may turn him around, it may not but don't kick him when hes down.

Or would you be part of the group of people that would criticize him for turning either left or right.
        1. Contemplate This posted on 04/30/2014 09:27 PM
          @JohnVoter Wake up - no slapping him down at all.
          Pay attention ! This is not reaching out for help - this is a desperate move to get his numbers up (while getting some badly needed help).

There are now at least 2 new videos added to the poor polling numbers.
          He's in a self-made corner - and so are the die-hard Ford supporters.
        2. JohnVoter posted on 04/30/2014 09:37 PM
          @Contemplate This And why prey tell is the alternative for this city.

Chow, Tory, Stinz??

Sad thing is that he's the only guy that tells it to you straight and grin-Fu*k you while throwing money at problems like Miller did.

I dont want an over spender
          I dont want an elitist
          and i sure as hell dont want Stinz.

newsflash! a portion of people DO NOT CARE WHAT HE DOES IN PRIVATE, above all else I want to know my money will be respected away or at least the appearance of such. Give me someone like Ford without the BS and ill vote for him, until them we have Ford.
        3. JohnVoter posted on 04/30/2014 09:38 PM
          @Contemplate This And why prey tell is the alternative for this city.

Chow, Tory, Stinz??

I dont want an over spender
          I dont want an elitist
          and i sure as hell dont want Stinz.

4. Ted posted on 04/30/2014 10:58 PM
          @JohnVoter He is a millionaire drug user who goes on Jimmy Kimmel. Ford is the definition of an elitist.
        5. tanjo posted on 04/30/2014 11:19 PM
          @JohnVoter I don't care what he does in private. I do care that he lied to us about it. And the lies have come so frequently and about so many things that it would take the ultimate suspension of disbelief to say you trust him with your money.

Oh, and aside from the first crack video and the "Hulk Hogan" video, the other incidents occured in public, not in private.
        6. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 10:44 AM
          @Ted ...and yet the poor people connect so much more to Ford than the other candidates.
      3. Alex posted on 04/30/2014 09:53 PM
        So he continues to live a double LIE then gets caught again and does the minimum.
        This bum has had so many undeserved chances already.
        Do us a favour Rob and just go away.
        1. Sonny posted on 05/01/2014 09:14 AM
          @Alex To all the Ford supporters; he does not deserve any sympathy, 30 Days will not be enough & he should resign!
          It was amusing to hear Blatchford, Towhey, Batra & Agar try to rationalize this recent scandal...
        2. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 10:45 AM
          @Sonny I heard it too, and I agree with them.
          Wasn't it the general consensus that he go this route anyway?
        3. Sonny posted on 05/01/2014 11:14 AM
          @Karl Burgin So the pundits still like his agenda! Rob should have long gone to rehab because it was the lying and the indefensible stonewalling approach that I got tired of. Never mind the personal attacks and the insistance that the video was fake or there wasn't crack in the pipe.
        4. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 11:26 AM
          @Sonny You are right in one sense. Because Towhey tried to get Ford to go to rehab last year and was fired for it.
          In his words, you can only show him the way, but you can;t force him to walk it.

My only reasoning was this- at the time Ford was not ready. At this point in time though, he is. Probably because there is a lot more a stake now than before. Which probably is a good thing, and gives him something to work towards.
          If the motivating factor is for Ford to get sobered up so he can continue the mayor's race, then so be it. And it would no doubt help him on his journey.
        5. dama posted on 05/01/2014 03:06 PM
          @Karl Burgin He is weak hence he failed again and it is NEVER too late to get help which he is doing.. FINALLY.. but at least he is doing it professionally now..

At this point, and to me,, politic should not be on his mind,,
          do whatever program it is and come out clean and sober and then stick to it..

In reality.. people are very forgiving.. except some..

City Hall is alive again , see what one man can do to liven up that place >>> Rob Ford
        6. Suz58 posted on 05/01/2014 04:01 PM
          @dama If that is the kind of livening up you like to see in politics dama, i feel sorry for you
      4. D Keith posted on 04/30/2014 10:46 PM
        Must be down in the poles.
        1. tanjo posted on 04/30/2014 11:07 PM
          @D Keith polls
        2. Angry Bill posted on 05/01/2014 10:01 AM
          @tanjo No, he meant poles. Ford's moonlighting as a stripper.
      5. Tessa posted on 04/30/2014 10:46 PM
        I saw this news on USA today. This shouldn't be of interest in the U.S.

He's an embarrassment, an anchor around the foot of world commerce of Canada. He drags down the whole country.

What a BOOB!!! What a JERK! What an IDIOT!

Toronto------Cut and run!
      6. tanjo posted on 04/30/2014 11:43 PM
        Just read his release. He has my prayers and my best wishes for a full recovery.
        1. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 01:46 AM
          @tanjo He has mine too. I am not a spiteful jerk like many here either, who kick someone when at their lowest. For them to argue otherwise is simply non-negotiable.
      7. Mike posted on 05/01/2014 02:19 AM
        One simply has to be honest. Too many lies. Too many apologies he has overstayed his welcome at this point (like the boy who cried wolf). Mark7 / Doug who has been faithful supporters cannot even defend him anymore at this point as it is starting to reflect negatively on themselves as people. He simply needs help and he has to own up to it. A true apology is a changed life and not one that happens far too often so one looses credibility. This Toronto....sadly...is our Mayor. I hope the city recovers indeed. I hope Ford more importantly - recovers as a person who has a wife, children and family.
        1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 10:48 AM
          @Mike fake MARK7/DOUG is a troll posing as someone else- wanting to make those who support the mayor look foolish. He is not a supporter of Ford. He just goes around, posing as others when he doesn;t have the gall to express his views himself.
        2. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 12:25 PM
          @Mike Oh really?! He has overstayed his welcome?!

WHAT ABOUT THE CRIMINAL FIBERALS WHO HAVE LIED FOR DECADES YET CONTINUE TO GET IN? Well? Care to answer that, or just be another sheeple voter who votes for the non caring criminal Fiberals?
        3. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 12:28 PM
          @Karl Burgin Thanks again Karl. The saddest part in all of this is that fact that this person does not realize how much professional help he or she needs.

I do not visit this forum as much anymore because it seems apparent that CFRB will never monitor it nor remove those that are only here to troll, like most websites do.
        4. Suz58 posted on 05/01/2014 12:39 PM
          @Karl Burgin People who post in this manner Karl, lack the credibility and open mind to discuss things rationally and to cowardly to stand behind their comments.
          Attention seekers'
      8. Bob2008 posted on 05/01/2014 02:27 AM
        "And I'm entitled to a personal life, and my personal life does not interfere with the work I do, day-in and day-out, for the taxpayers of this great city." - Ford

Can't believe he thinks this does not interfere with his daily activities. He says "just like others/you". Fair BUT I would argue that I am also not running a city.....and you are. You can't compare us with you. I work for my money. I try to save for the future. I do pot as I think about it's affects to people around me and how that will affect them. As for the $, I can't do it as I need to think about my housing. Spending money like that does not in anyway help me better my situation. It actually puts money taken more away from my pocket.
      9. André Gaudreault posted on 05/01/2014 04:47 AM
        Please, do not go in a 96 hours straight ''Rob Ford 24 hours a day'' kind of thing, there are other news in this country.
      10. Suz58 posted on 05/01/2014 07:08 AM
        "Tonight I want to take some time to speak from my heart to the people of Toronto. It's not easy to be vulnerable and this is one of the most difficult times in my life. I have a problem with alcohol, and the choices I have made while under the influence. I have struggled with this for some time."
        It is time Toronto woke up! This is a spoiled little rich kid that is still not admitting to the problem. He is talking about getting help for his alcohol abuse? The first step to rehab is admitting you have a problem. He is still not admitting a problem with drugs, the first step to help. This is just another play on words, (which we all know Ford is very good at), another ploy to get the sympathy of Toronto voters. This is not a problem that is going to go away in 30 days. This problem goes much deeper!
        My true sympathies go to his wife and children. They need to save themselves and get out of Ford nation.
        1. Suz58 posted on 05/01/2014 08:19 AM
          @Suz58 Be on the lookout for tan lines while Ford is in "Rehab". Only he knows what is tied to his drunken "stupors". I think there will be more of the truth coming out while Ford is in hiding. I am sorry but before you can get help for a problem, you have to be honest and admit you have one. I really think there are some nasty skeletons in his closet.
          With behaviour such as this, comments from a Mayor that are not fit for adults ears let alone children, why do we ask him to step down? Where is our Government in all this? Is he setting precedence for what future mayoral candidates and politicians can get away with? No, I don't feel sorry for him. This is not some musician that became popular and rich and could not handle his fame. This is someone in a position to represent Toronto. He is a disgrace and we have not heard the last of him. Once a liar, always a liar.
        2. merlinjanssen posted on 05/01/2014 08:34 AM
          @Suz58 I think you have a point with a person being more 'themselves' while under the influence of alcohol (not drugs). I'm not a Torontonian, just listening to newstalk1010, personally, I would miss Ford's antiques... rather listen to it than the traffic problems there. But I do share your concern for his wife and young children, it must be hell for them to have to deal with this. I think it is more likely that his family has enough and set the ultimatum than it just being a prank to keep the voters happy.
        3. Suz58 posted on 05/01/2014 09:19 AM
          @merlinjanssen Although it was not me that made reference to a person being more " themselves" while under the influence, I do agree with it.
          My sympathy and empathy lies with Mrs. Ford and her children. They are the victims in this mess. Silence speaks volumes.
          Do I believe there is rehab in Ford's near future? If so, it will probably take place in some where nice and warm, maybe Jamaica. I know, a little cynical, but this guy is just selfish! Never mind even being a mayor, as a husband and father he is truly a disgrace.
          This is just one more ploy and play on words to hold his position in politics. You have to want help to get it. He is running away from consequences for more that is about to surface. There is more to this. There is no other word for him other than "pig". I don't think he has hit bottom yet. He is the one that brought his personal life into public by showing up at city hall in the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes you have to be careful for what you wish for. I do believe there is so much more that we don't know...yet. He is self centred and selfish, with very little common sense. Do you have to earn respect before you get it?
        4. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 12:32 PM
          @Suz58 "Is he setting precedence for what future mayoral candidates and politicians can get away with?"

No he is not. The criminal, non caring Fiberals of all political stripes set this precedent long, long ago, and continually raise that bar higher.
        5. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 12:48 PM
          @merlinjanssen " I think you have a point with a person being more 'themselves' while under the influence of alcohol (not drugs). I'm not a Torontonian, just listening to newstalk1010, personally, I would miss Ford's antiques... rather listen to it than the traffic problems there."

You are one sad, pathetic individual who is FAR WORSE than Ford if you get enjoyment at the suffering he is going through with personal issues. Have a heart, or get one. PATHETIC!
        6. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 12:52 PM
          @Suz58 " Once a liar, always a liar."

With that ideology not one of us can be believed. We all lie and most do it daily whether they realize it or not. If you think you are not a liar, Yahweh will beg to differ.

So get off your high horse and put the blame for this precedent where it belongs. The criminal Fiberals have led the way with lies and have shown others that it works.
        7. Suz58 posted on 05/01/2014 01:41 PM
          @Mark7 Not on a high horse, Mark or whoever you are. There actually are habitual liars. One lie leads to the next and they begin to believe them. Yes, everyone lies to some degree, but I can assure you, the truth is much easier, less to have to remember, you should give it a try!
        8. dama posted on 05/01/2014 03:38 PM
          @Suz58 You are cynical.. and it is always the case to kick one further when he/she is down..

I know when one is afflicted with alcoholism or being a drug addict,, it is very difficult t kick that habit instantly.. one evn had to go to rehab numerous time before one can be declared clean..

so dont speak as if you know what Rob Ford is going through.. statistic showed that alcoholic lies, drug addict lies so Rob Ford is no difference..

He might be a PIG in your eye .. to me he is human being .. a human being with a bad addiction hence I pity and pray for him.. and I hope he will get better.. and come back to fight another battle..
        9. Suz58 posted on 05/01/2014 04:32 PM
          @dama He is a human in my eyes, and yes, a pig. Not kicking him when he is down. He did this to himself, why should the people of Toronto have to pay.
          I know what alcoholics are like and not all lie and not all spew off with racial and sexist slurs. Remember, he doesn't have a drug problem, he is only being treated for his alcohol abuse.
          Yup, I may be a little cynical but have been around enough pigs that talk like him to be that way.
          All the Ford kids not sure about Rob were into selling drugs. His sister was caught shoplifting toothbrushes. Doug use to supply drugs to guys that would sell for him. Kathy was involved with drugs and weapons. Hash to be exact. In 1998, Rob was charged for DUI in the US, but he forgot to mention the pot possession charges. The cops have been called numerous times to Rob Ford home for domestic disputes. This did not just begin over night. This was all around the time he was in counsel.
          I still don't understand that someone can run for Mayor with DUI charges and a family that has money but yes is involved in illegal drugs.
          I am not blaming Ford here, I think there should be some rules running for mayor.
          But then again, not every person with an alcohol problem rants and threatens to kill his wife. Some drinkers are happy.
          The problem is not that he has an alcohol/drug addiction problem, the problem is...he is MAYOR and suppose to be representing the people of Toronto, not running a side show.
          Do I know what Ford is going through? Damn straight I do!
          You can pity him all you want but it is not going to do him an ounce of good. This problem as far as we know has been going on for 16 years (since his DUI), one month in rehab is not going to cut it. And no, I do not feel sorry for him, this will roll off him like water on a duck's back. And it will be business as usual.
      11. A Dago posted on 05/01/2014 08:04 AM
        Despite what he might say or do when he is sober, his true self is revealed when he's baked. This man is an arrogant, mean-spirited, misogynistic, racist bully.
      12. Lexi Rose posted on 05/01/2014 08:17 AM
        And yet again the crazy train is off the rails! It is time for Rob to face his deamons and leave office for good in order to save this fine city some semblance of class!
        I can only hope for him to get the much needed help he needs in order to save himself and his family. I dare say his sister should go to rehab as well.
        He is not fit to ever serve in public office again and his family needs to admit his problems are greater than his weight. His excess weight is the collection of enablers that he is carrying on his back!
      13. Fact Provider posted on 05/01/2014 08:56 AM
        Anyone besides me notice the conspicuous absence of Karl Ford (I mean "Burgin") ?
        1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 09:09 AM
          @Fact Provider Don't worry, I'm right here.
          Sorry couldn't post sooner. These speeches of mine don;t write themselves.
      14. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 09:06 AM
        City TV got that shot of the Immigration Canada envelope on Rob's dash this morning...the kind of envelope they sent border waivers to felons so that America lets them into their country. Thank god they let him in because that first stone is the hardest to throw.
        1. Suz58 posted on 05/01/2014 09:27 AM
          @Mark7 If they were smart, border security would have their dogs ready and waiting. Machines primed for drug readings on his credit cards. God forbid we should know the truth.
        2. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 09:56 AM
          @Suz58 Know the truth?
          My God Suz58. If Rob Ford in so much as sneezes wrong, it makes the headline news.
          If a bomb goes of in North Korea, it's somehow tied in to Rob Ford.

How much more truth do you want about the man. You have media like scum Danial Dale peering behind fences. You've had media lawyers wanting documents dumps on Ford when its not even the man's trial- nor is he on trial.
          You have the police blowing millions of dollars in investigations- and still can't come up with some charge, to charge Ford.
          Ford is in court for every other frivolous lawsuit that some disgruntled citizen can think of- and he still manages to beat them all.
          He's had all of city council, try him in some obscene kangaroo court- all which resulted in them taking away whatever little power he had as mayor, and sharing it with some appointed interm faux-mayor.

I could keep going. What more do you want. What more could you possibly ask for in exposing Ford?
        3. Suz58 posted on 05/01/2014 10:19 AM
          @Karl Burgin Ford brought all this on himself. He put himself in this position thinking it would help his future, well, it didn't. He can't tell the truth to save his soul.
          The reason he has not been charged, they have no proof....YET! I do think however, that ball is about to drop.
          If he wanted to be a clown or comedian, he should have joined the circus, not run for mayor. To quote Forest Gump..."Stupid is as stupid does!"
        4. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 10:31 AM
          @Suz58 Ford bringing this on himself- these last few stints, I would agree with you there. But before Halloween last year- no he didn't.
          He was aggressively hounded by the media, no matter how much he tried to get away.
          And the reason he hasn't been charged yet- is because Toronto police are incompetent. Why do you think the OPP said there is nothing there?

I do think you are being a it harsh on him. Ford probably has put more effort in defending himself directly and indirectly (with court cases, police probes, auditors and sneering ombudsman) than actually doing the normal job as mayor. His tenure thus far as been anything but normal. Out of all your disdain of him, even you have to see that.

I've got a feeling that the latest trigger to push him over the edge was the the Gene Jones incident. When he spoke about the firing of Jones, he sounded rather distraught and emotional about the whole thing. Again, this is not an excuse (you know who you are). But this is again just an observation I'm expressing.
      15. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 09:08 AM
        I guess today is full of disappointment all round. Things to note:

1.> Disappointed in Ford's poor judgement choices. Given all that has happened, he should have known better- and stop giving the enemy camp freakin' ammo to use against you.
        2.> VERY disappointed at those with their cell phone cameras urging the mayor on, to get their scoop- and the sell to the highest bidder
        3.> Although it is the media's job to report salacious news now, still disappointed in them as well
        4.> Disappointed in Karen Stinsk, taking Ford's comments to heart, as some sort of ammunition- especially when he made them supposedly 'off-the-record' and during a vulnerable moment. In other words, the man was obviously inebriated. Are you seriously going to play the victim card Stinsk, and say you were hurt by his comments when they were made drunk? Give me a break.
        5.> I believe Ford is actually going away to rehab this time. Hope the media (with any sense of decency left) not put coverage on him. And if Ford goes away for a while, the media are going to have withdrawal symptoms to deal with themselves.
        6.> Disappointed that Ford cannot have a private moment- whether it be at a bar or at his (or a family's home), where he's not being recorded behind the scenes.

7.> This goes to show Ford is not necessarily an addict- but let's loose in a big way every couple of months. I'm not making excuses for him here- but just commenting on what I'm observing.
        There seems to be people always around him with the camera at the ready to catch the mayor in an embarrassing moment. We have gone a good 2-3 months without an incident until the last few days. I'm pretty confident that the cameras were rolling during that time period 'without incident'.

8.> I wish Rob Ford well, and hopes he comes back to win the mayor's seat stronger than ever.
        1. Edwin posted on 05/01/2014 09:19 AM
          @Karl Burgin Karl. You need to wake up. Really.
          It hasn't been 2-3 months. There are several moments over the last 2-3 months where he was drink, opr stoned, out of his mind.
        2. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 09:24 AM
          @Edwin Ah, no.
          I actually follow the crap that the media puts forward quite closely. Aside from attempts to create a mountain out of a mole-hill when Rob Ford visits a sports game, there has been virtually nothing for a good while.
        3. Suz58 posted on 05/01/2014 09:33 AM
          @Karl Burgin Common Karl, you're a smart man. This is the 21st century. Social media is out there. If Ford wanted to keep his private life private, he never should have thrown his hat in the ring. Never should have gone to city hall to have private parties. Right now, he is the laughing stock. If he is voted in again, Toronto will be.
        4. Edwin posted on 05/01/2014 09:35 AM
          @Karl Burgin Ok Karl.
          Whatever you think!!

If you are following, obviously not so closely.
          Most of the media ARE reporting that this last bender, has been going on for a month.

The man needs to resign. People like you however, continue to enable him.
        5. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 09:40 AM
          @Edwin Being disappointed in him doesn't mean I no longer support him.
          The problem with you people is that it's all or nothing. Any hint of support is somehow twisted as enabling.

I'm not sure if you know how to read, but you responded to my post which explicitly says that I SUPPORT HIM GOING TO REHAB.
          This is why council took powers away from him.
          This is what everyone was telling him.
          This was what John Tory wanted. This was what Mark Towhey wanted.
          Everyone who either feigned sympathy or was genuinely concerned about the man, wanted him to go to rehab.

So now that he seems to be going this time, and I support him, what is your problem now EDWIN?
        6. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 09:47 AM
          @Suz58 That was true if he was actually reaching out and posting stuff on social media.
          Unfortunately, this is the other way around, with social media following him. All the video's we've seen of him that were leaked/sold (for a lot of money might I add) to the press, were of him being recorded without his knowledge.

As I said, since the last great controversy, The Steak Queen Video, and this latest development, I'm confidently guessing that the camera's were rolling non-stop, hoping to catch an embarrassing moment.
          My primary issue with this is still the same, as it is now, as it was from the very beginning when this man became mayor. If this is the new standard that is to applied now, why is it ONLY to Rob Ford, and not for everyone else.

Even the L.A. clipper guy down south, he was only tape-recorded once or twice. And yet he has been KNOWN to be a racist and cooky sleaze for the past 20-30 years.
          You've had other politicians with skeletons in their closet. Yet absolutely NONE had the same coverage as Rob Ford. Of whom we have only really known since he became mayor- which is what, a few months shy of only fours years?

Can you not see anything wrong with that picture?
        7. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 09:50 AM
          @Karl Burgin Ummm...your support of the Fords is somewhat meaningless as you don't live, pay taxes, or vote in Toronto.

I do like the fact that you support Ford's comments about doing Stinz, though. Now that's funny. However, what was Lisi doing in the sister's basement?
        8. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 09:59 AM
          @Mark7 Umm.. your comment on my views are somewhat meaningless and invalid.
          Since you like hiding behind another's identity whenever you feel like, and don't have the guts to spiel your views using your own name.
        9. arthur posted on 05/01/2014 10:02 AM
          @Karl Burgin enabler enabler enabler.
          people like Karl is exactly what we don't need today. go away and get some help yourself and don't come back. please!
        10. Edwin posted on 05/01/2014 10:05 AM
          @Karl Burgin First. I wasn't actually referring to your supporting him while in rehab. Myself, I wish the man well also. And I do feel for him. I really do. I just do not think he is fit to run this city and has never been fit to run this city. It has been clear all along.

Why I say you and Ford Nation are enabling him, is your ongoing support in the past. And this you all did very well.
          Even after all of the things come up last fall, and prior to last fall, Ford Nation continued to by into his ongoing lies.
          And it continues.

Now, he has no where else to turn. And he is also delusional to think 30 days will help.

BUt I am sure once he comes out, all who support him will prop him up once again. And believe me, he will be in the news again.

If not arrested first.
        11. Suz58 posted on 05/01/2014 10:06 AM
          @Karl Burgin Karl, personally I am not a fan of social media used in this way. Bad you can hear it coming...BUT...if you know it is out there, act responsibly. Ford put himself in the public eye by appearing on late night TV. I really think that in his mind, he thought that all that publicity would help his re-election. He took it too far.
          Also, if you look at timelines, last Thursday, he began his campaign, the week end, he was back at it.
          Do you surround yourself with people with criminals and expect respect. We learned as kids that you are like the company you keep.
          Yes, Ford had good plans. I think stardom went to his head and he got cocky, very cocky.
          Social media is real and here to stay unfortunately. Ask the teens that are committing suicide over people spreading pics of them. Ford is an adult and should conduct himself as one. Even more is expected from someone in a position of mayor.
        12. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 10:06 AM
          @Karl Burgin So you voting for Rob Ford?

If not, my views are much more valid than yours as you are just a windbag, I actually get to vote for the Mayor of Toronto...and it's not your fat little drug addict that has destroyed MY city.

Get lost, Brahmalean.
        13. Angry Bill posted on 05/01/2014 10:14 AM
          @Mark7 Listen, Mark7 or whoever you happen to be hiding behind this hour, your argument that Karl doesn't have an opinion because he doesn't live in Toronto is immature and frankly, quite stupid. As long as even so much as one red cent of Karl's taxes that are taken from him is given to Toronto, then Karl has every right to have an opinion on the city where his tax money is being diverted to.

Wanna know the definition of hypocrite? Look in the mirror.. Karl is giving his opinions here, and you tell him he has no right to. And yet, I haven't heard one peep out of you complaining about the American late night talk show hosts going on about Ford. Do you think Kimmel, Letterman, Stewart, Fallon, and the rest live in Toronto?
        14. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 10:17 AM
          @Edwin Ongoing lies about his personal life Edwin? How does it affect you or me?
          The media says its for public interest. How so? Does it affect your drive to work? Does it affect what you have for lunch? Does it affect how you spend time with your family- unless the topic is about politics ;p.

I mean really. In the grand scheme of things, his personal life does not affect the populace.
          It however does affect everybody, when people aggressively blur the lines between public and private, captures what happens in private, and the make it public.
          That is where I stand, and it is where I have always stood.

I applaud his performance in office and what he has done. That is why I support him.
          I compare his performance to that of his predecessors- and that is why I (and probably most who support him) still support him.

As I'vs said many times- I do not condone what he does. I think it is dangerous, unhealthy and dubious. But then again, the only reason we know of it, is because of the under-handed way it is being exposed.
          With that said, if this standard is being applied to Ford as a politician- it should then be applied to everyone.
        15. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 10:18 AM
          @arthur Please. Only complete sentences that makes sense are allowed here.
        16. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 10:41 AM
          @Suz58 I've only one response for that boiled down (no pun intended):
          Chicken or the egg?

The ONLY reason why Ford was so recognizable that he was able to put himself on tv, was because of all the coverage he's been getting before.
          As one media consultant who was interviewed on 1010, the amount of coverage and "free" media advertising Ford got as a result of being reported on so much topped $1.1 Billion. And I distinctly remember her saying this before Ford had any thoughts of doing live interviews in the U.S.

Consider this other angle Suz58. Gawker, which pretty much got the ball rolling on the american side, has expressed so much interest in the downfall of Ford- even since when he first became mayor. They probably have this very story blasted all over their website as we speak. Why are they so interested in what happens to Ford, or how he performs? Why we they smearing him from since when he first got elected?
          Think about it.
        17. Angry Bill posted on 05/01/2014 10:44 AM
          @Karl Burgin Karl, I can only hope that if I had these sorts of problems that you would be as unwavering in your support of me as you are for Rob Ford. I'm not sure what it would take for you to stop supporting Ford. You go to considerable lengths to separate Ford's "private" life from his public one. I submit to you that once you become a public figure, you now longer HAVE a private life as long as you are in any way, shape or form in contact with the public, or in any sort of public environment. Or, in today's age, where there's the possibility of being recorded.

For me, I could not vote for Ford for the exact same reason that I could vote for Tory. Ford is NOT a decent man. Tory is. For me, that's end of story. I don't agree with all of Tory's policies, but I have no doubt that he is honest, decent, hard-working, competent, capable, and able to work with others to get things done that need to get done. I have no such opinions regarding Ford. In fact, in all his years in office, I have not seen Ford display any of those qualities. Ever.

For those reasons alone, I could not support Ford. Am I really alone here in expecting and demanding that the politicians who serve us actually be honest and decent? Really? If I am, that is incredibly sad.
        18. Edwin posted on 05/01/2014 10:47 AM
          @Karl Burgin haha
          Well Karl, it affects ME, because I live in this city. You however, are an onlooker. Wherever you live, invite mayor Ford to come out and inhabit the mayors seat there ok. ;)

When the mayor is hanging with drug dealers, people whom he vowed to run out of the city, it is a problem. When the mayor is buying crack cocaine and whatever else, from these same gang members, it is a problem. And I am sure you are smart enough to figure out why this is a problem. When the mayor has admitted to driving drunk on several occasions, this is a problem. When the mayor is turning up really drunk and spewing racial slurs and other inappropriate comments, it is a problem.

You applaud his performance in office? Of course you do. Not of it affects you because you do not live here.

You just said it Karl. "As I'vs said many times- I do not condone what he does."

The reason the media is covering this stuff, is because we need to know. We, who live in this city.

If you are on a cruise ship and you realize that the captain is drunk most of the time, would you not want off the ship at the next port?

You are incredible Karl and I can't believe I am engaging in this ridiculous argument.
        19. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 11:07 AM
          @Angry Bill I don't know if you could tell, but I was really disheartened by the latest allegations- which at this point are probably true.

The reason why I support him, is because there is still hope that he can overcome this, and be a better man. He has shown to have a tendency to do this (when his back is against the wall mind you), but that may prove to be true in this case too. If he really wants it, and wants the people's support behind him, then he will work towards and do whatever it takes to beat this.

I do demand more from my politicians. But at the same time, I would like to see the standards applied to all equally across the board. Not just on one man, in order to make everyone else look like a saint. If Ford comes out of rehab, but descends into the same mess again- then you will see my support drop sharply. Of if he doesn't care anymore and take the destructive path to oblivion, and not make any effort to stray from it.

The driving force behind my support is hope. He already is a man with little filter. Which is good and different from other politicians in many ways. Yes, he may fib about his personal life- but that is not the reason why people elect him. If his personal life bleeds into his political performance, then you have a case there. Instead what we STILL have is people digging stuff out of his private life and making it public. And to make matters worse, digging stuff out his private life when he is either inebriated, vulnerable, or incapacitated. I'm sorry BILL, but no matter what he does behind close doors, this method of exposure is WRONG.

I still would choose Ford over Tory, only because Ford has more of a backbone- which is required to stand up to this council. This is not the time to hold hands and sing kum-by-yaa. If it were a different council, that was easier to work with, and more to the center, then Tory would be the perfect man for the job. This council has been entrenched in their chairs too long- and are running the show. I promise you BILL, if Tory get elected, unless he suddenly develops a backbone, they will walk all over him. And I stand by my position he should have ran for Premier, where he would have had an assured victory, and would have done good for the province- and make better change. He shouldn't be aspiring low (especially a man of his experience) going for mayor. it's almost like saying Ford should become Premier. That also would not work- Ford wouldn't last long in an environment like that- and I would end up resenting him.

*****************************************************
          Ford has been his own worst enemy these since the ice storm. And as disappointing as that may be, hope for him has not extinguished yet.
        20. Suz58 posted on 05/01/2014 11:14 AM
          @Karl Burgin I think we have a case here of power going to one's head...(no pun intended).
          Like any kid, that gets away with things, no consequences, the more they get away with, the worse things get.
          I don't wish ill for the man, I do not think he should be in the public eye. Maybe it was too much for him. If you don't want to go to hell, you don't run with the devil. Some people just need to have accountability.
          I still think there is more.
          Yes, as we speak, they are ranting on "The View". It is news. He took it all to far. Remember Clinton? He got out of that one. It will never be forgotten but he faced it and moved on.
          Ford just handled things the wrong way. Watch your mouth while in public.
        21. Mark7 posted on 05/01/2014 11:28 AM
          @Angry Bill Karl is entitled to opinion...everyone has one.

Just sayin' that they're meaningless as he doesn't live and vote in Toronto. he can support the man in the moon for all we care...but as an outsider he doesn't exist for us.
        22. Angry Bill posted on 05/01/2014 11:33 AM
          @Karl Burgin Hi Karl.. thanks for responding. Yes, I could tell that this latest news hit you hard, and I would expect it to. If John Tory were caught in a scandal (never happen), then I would be disappointed as well, after being on record as supporting him. He would, however, also lose my support at that time.

One point you made that I would like to tackle is your assertion that Ford shows backbone. Yes, that is one interpretation. Another interpretation might be a pig-headed stubbornness against having your opinion changed, no matter what the facts.

You see, Ford always seems to vote no when everyone else votes yes, and yes when everyone else votes no. Regardless of what the vote is on. He does this to be contrary. Don't mistake that stubbornness to be showing backbone. Backbone is more than just immediately saying "no" if someone else says "yes". Case in point, the council voted yes to name a street after Mandela, so Ford votes no. Eventually, someone got the idea through to him that that looked really bad on him, and he then sought (some time later) to have his vote changed. There were a couple of other votes along those lines, as well.

I'd rather have a THINKING man giving his vote, rather than someone who arbitrarily votes no just to be seen as the lone dissenter who's got a backbone.
        23. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 11:34 AM
          @Suz58 1.> He is not immune from consequences. No matter the financial level one is on, the final yeah or nay, lies with the voters. If the voters are tired of Ford, they will vote somebody else in. If they still believe in Ford, they will vote him back in.

My issue is I'm getting tired of people trying to bypass the democratic process, and boot him out of office before his time.

2.> He was voted mayor for a reason, that is why he's in the public eye. When you have those who want his downfall by any means necessary, they will put him more in the public eye than we need him to be.
          Again, special attention is being made here to expose Ford for all he's worth so he can be judged in the court of public opinion (God I hate that phrase). If this same standard was applied across the board Suz58, what do you think you would find?
          I am not as naive to think that Ford is the only one with skeletons in the closest, and the remaining politicians, not matter what level of government they reside, are as pure as the driven snow.
        24. Suz58 posted on 05/01/2014 12:50 PM
          @Mark7 I live 2-3 hours from Toronto. We all go to Toronto, spend our money there, see the sights. Yes we have every right to voice our opinion. The problem lies with the people that cannot handle hearing our opinions.
        25. Rick posted on 05/01/2014 12:58 PM
          @Karl Burgin still living in a dream world I see wake up Karl.
        26. Suz58 posted on 05/01/2014 02:28 PM
          @Karl Burgin I guess the question I have then Karl is...if kicking him out because he has smoked crack is not acceptable, at what level do you stop this kind of public behaviour.
          Has Ford not been judging people all along?
          We have to draw the line somewhere.
          Non of them are pure, for sure!
          I think the rules that apply to us, should apply to polititicians if not more.
        27. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 03:09 PM
          @Suz58 Well said.
        28. Karl Burgin posted on 05/01/2014 03:24 PM
          @Karl Burgin My problem is kicking him out without respect of the democratic process. If the voters don't want Ford, then don't vote for him.
          The only alternative to getting Ford out is either vi