Police shut down massive teen party in Brampton

Over 1,500 teens showed up at a "mansion party" near Goreway Dr and Mayfield Rd

A picture posted to Twitter under the hashtag #MansionParty

A massive party in Brampton last night was shut down by police after it got too rowdy.

Peel police say between 1,500 and 2,000 teenagers showed up at a "mansion party," as it was dubbed on Twitter, on Stanley Carberry Dr, which is near Goreway Dr and Mayfield Rd.

David, a Newstalk 1010 listener, told The Motts this morning that his 17-year-old daughter went to the party. He says there was a cover charge and hired security.

He says his daughter arrived at about 9:30 p.m. and police showed up within 45 minutes.

He says that he's already told her that she is to never to go to an event like that again.

Peel Police were called after receving a noise complaint by one of the neighbours.

Const. Thomas Ruttan says when the first cop car showed up, it became clear they would need back up.

"We did call officers from every division," he said. "I beleive the tactical unit went as well."

But not everyone went without a fight.

"Several officers were assaulted and we did make arrests as a result of that," said Ruttan.

Arrests were also made for public intoxication.

Police say the home where the party took place is currently under construction and say the event caused "significant damage."

1. Cara posted on 05/03/2014 09:21 AM
    If I saw massive numbers of people especially teens walking down my neighbourhood street I'd phone the police I wouldn't waste time tweeting. This could have turned deadly in seconds.
    1. Mark7 posted on 05/03/2014 10:34 AM
      @Cara Agreed. It also goes to show the upbringing of today's' children and their morals, to go to a place under construction to trespass. Shame on them all.
    2. Cristina posted on 05/03/2014 11:32 AM
      @Mark7 I'm pretty sure our generation isn't perfect, but yours wasn't any different so ...
    3. Mark7 posted on 05/03/2014 11:46 AM
      @Cristina Speak for yourself only please. Neither me nor my friends trespassed. Maybe my area had parents who disciplined their children properly more so than others. Who knows?
    4. Mark7 posted on 05/03/2014 11:48 AM
      @Cristina My first comments were directed at those at the party and those who think nothing would be wrong with it. Although the numbers are dwindling very fast, there are still some good ones out there now as well.
    5. Mark7 posted on 05/03/2014 11:50 AM
      @Cristina Sorry I keep forgetting to add all points into one post. One more to add and it is the most important.

Time outs replacing corporal punishment has directly caused the mess we are in now with kids murdering each other, their teachers, and even for some, their parents.
  2. lula posted on 05/03/2014 11:14 AM
    If humans were cockroaches
    1. M.F. posted on 05/03/2014 04:11 PM
      @lula Some humans are cockroaches..... Seems like I can't paint my livingroom without the whole neighbourhood hearing about it - I wonder how this many kids can swarm a home without someone pulling the plug much sooner.....
  3. Cristina posted on 05/03/2014 11:30 AM
    Let teens have their fun, adults just gotta chill holy you guys were the same at one point so nize it
    1. Mark7 posted on 05/03/2014 11:45 AM
      @Cristina Can you not see that it was a major fire hazard? Are you that blind?! If a fire started many would have died.

What ever happened to people being able to see the consequences of certain actions before the trouble shows up? Sigh
    2. Angry Bill posted on 05/03/2014 03:33 PM
      @Cristina Is that what you kids are telling each other to justify your behaviour? That we were the same? I'll beg to differ on that.

My parents were allowed to parent, without the danger of their kids calling CAS on them. We were no where NEAR as entitled as kids are today.

No. We weren't the same.
    3. Tony posted on 05/04/2014 10:51 AM
      @Cristina We sure had a lot of fun even to this day BUT we were always mindful of respecting people's properties. This is trespassing and deserves discipline. This is also a clear reflection of how YOUR parents raised you AND possible an indication of where you will be picking your kids one day. You clearly want people to care for you BUT have no thinking into caring for others.
    4. dama posted on 05/05/2014 02:51 PM
      @Cristina One can have a lot of fun in different way. a walk in the park with your dog, that is fun.. a party by the pool with 5 to 6 teenagers .. that is fun.. but when you tweet @mansion party with your address, you are expecting trouble and this mansion party was advertised in that manner and hence the 2000 turnout.... do you know that it is against the bye-law to live in an unfurnished house?

I hope someone will sue the mother of this young boy that hosted the party.. and the Brampton of City should issue a hefty fine for allowing an unfinished house to host that party..

$70, 000 damaged is probably nothing to this family but it is more than a year's salary
  4. john posted on 05/03/2014 01:04 PM
    1500 crap that more people then a Justin beaver concert .
  5. Karl Burgin posted on 05/03/2014 03:44 PM
    That's in my neck of the woods...where the rich people live.

FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/03/2014 04:30 PM
      @Karl Burgin Oh Karl, you know that party wasn't in our ghetto.
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 05/03/2014 04:44 PM
      @Karl Burgin There's a mix on that street. Some of us brown people but also Eyetalians.

I feel safer on my side of the tracks in Brahmladesh.
  6. Tony posted on 05/05/2014 10:49 AM
    @Cristina - $70k in damages. That's the price of what you call "chillin". That's someone's college education fund plus more. Chillin is good but not when you are not respecting others. Enjoying life is good BUT dangerous if you are crossing the bounds of disrepecting others let alone your parents. You want people to care for you when clearly you don't care for others. Consider serving other people than yourself. It might just land you a future.
  7. john posted on 05/05/2014 11:49 AM
    good for ounce teens did a good thing i got on love for the rich . thay can afford to fix it up . thay should have had guards petrolling the grounds . thay have the money to do that . i dont feel sorry for the people on bit .
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/05/2014 12:04 PM
      @john It's a nice street in a nice neighbourhood...all the houses are on two acre (or more) lots, all the places are huge, many are home to extended families of us brown people. I wish that I could afford to build and live there.. guess I need to steal less of my employer's time and resources and work harder.

I guess I just need to resent them a bit more for now...when Ford gets reelected in Toronto, he'll make them move back to the old country and give his supporters their land for more living room.
    2. Sam posted on 05/06/2014 12:15 AM
      @john Nice John. You can't even compose a sentence correctly. Once your own home has been tweeted for teens to party and it goes viral, 2000 kids shows up in your home, damages at $70k - we won't feel sorry for you too regardless where you live. Just hope that's your own home and not your folks paying for damages. On the same note, careful driving fast in your very nice car - am guessing the deed on that car is also your Dad's.

Westjet has announced it will begin charging for your first checked bag on all its flights. Will this change how you pack for vacation in the future?