WATCH: On the campaign trail: Transit, pensions and lawsuit blowback

All three party leaders stay in the GTA

Premier Kathleen Wynne stepped onto her campaign bus on the first week of the campaign, making the first stop of the day her old high school in Richmond Hill.

While Wynne spoke about leadership, she also tried to bring pensions to the forefront, underlining CPP can't help those over 65 alone.

Wynne brushed aside Tory leader Tim Hudak's attempts to continue to compare her to her predecessor, Dalton McGuinty.

Hudak was in Mississauga, to push his Million Jobs Plan. While he gave little details on the plan, he underlined its the only way the economy will recover completely from the recession - that includes having a balanced budget.

As the Progressive Conservative leader spoke, his party lawyers filed a statement of defence in court. Tory MPP Lisa MacLeod vowed to fight the premier's $2 million defamation suit against the party, over their allegations Wynne oversaw the gas plant email deletion.

These allegations have not been proven in court.

Wynne maintains she will continue to fight the Tory claims, underlining she wants to debate based on fact.

In Brampton, NDP leader Andrea Horwath main-streeted and claimed the Premier would privatize Toronto transit in order to expand.

Wynne denies this is true. She says she doesn't know where Horwath is getting her information from.

1. Sonny posted on 05/05/2014 04:27 PM
    The 3 leaders should say how they will be funding Transit and whether it will be public or private? There is a TTC Riders action from City Hall 5pm to Queen's Park 5:45pm
  2. Frankie posted on 05/05/2014 05:09 PM
    The Liberals have lost the moral authority to govern. To have them re-elected would be no different than having an alcoholic run a bar or a pedophile run a daycare.
  3. Ernie posted on 05/05/2014 07:29 PM
    @Frankie
    The problem is that Liberal supporters (ie voters) are he dumbest in the whole province. They don't vote liberal based on any specific agenda. They vote Liberal because PET was liberal and all liberals must therefor live to HIS ieals.

Most don't even now who Wynne or McGuinty even are!
    1. Angry Bill posted on 05/08/2014 10:44 AM
      @Ernie I never liked PET much when he was in power. I certainly wouldn't vote liberal because of him. This from an article in the National Post on 2013/11/25:

“We’re forced — whether we like it or not — to turn to the State … so that the poor have more to spend, and the rich have less to save.” Not one to worry about the national debt, Trudeau wrote that at the first sign of national economic weakness the Bank of Canada could always print some money “without any inconvenience.” In that same article, Trudeau was quoted as saying there was no alternative but socialism in Canada.

Trudeau also played fast and loose with Canada's economy, using Canada as his guinea pig to try out his pet, personal economic theories. Which didn't work terribly well, I might add. He also honestly believed socialism and communism would eventually come out the winner.

I just could never get behind the guy. Not with his Marxist ideologies.
  4. Political Reality posted on 05/06/2014 06:39 AM

"How odd," replied the friends, "she actually said that?"

"Well, she didn't put it quite like that. She actually said... "Mom, I'll be really busy for the next little while. I'm going to work on Hudak's election campaign!”
    1. john posted on 05/06/2014 12:21 PM
      @Political Reality * chirping crickets *
    2. Angry Bill posted on 05/08/2014 02:37 PM
      @Political Reality A mother was telling her women friends, "You won't believe what happened last night... My daughter walked into the kitchen and said, ‘Mom, cancel my allowance immediately, forget my college tuition loan, rent my room out, throw all my clothes out the window; take my TV, and my laptop. Please take any of my jewellery to the Salvation Army or Cash Converters. Then, sell my car, take my front door key away from me and throw me out of the house. Then, disown me and never talk to me again. And don't forget to write me out of your will and leave my share to any charity you choose.’ "

"How odd," replied the friends, "she actually said that?"

"Well, she didn't put it quite like that. She actually said... "Mom, I'll be really busy for the next little while. I'm going to work on Wynne's election campaign, and when she wins and gets back in, we'll need to do all those things just in order to survive!”
  5. Fact Provider posted on 05/06/2014 06:59 AM
    A Synopsis on the beginnings of the provincial campaign:

Horwath and the NDP - Action: - unfounded accusation about transit plans.
    Reaction: - Horwath smoke and mirrors
    Hudak and the Conservatives - Action: - "I'll create a gazillion jobs"
    Reaction: - "But I don't want to work at WalMart under "right to work"laws.
    Wynne and the Liberals - Action: - leadership and the importance of Libs' pension plan.
    Reaction: - "Hmmm ... Are you listening, Mr. Harper?"
    1. Jim posted on 05/06/2014 07:45 AM
      @Fact Provider If you think an Ontario Pension Plan is a good idea I suggest you go back to school and learn some basic economics. You can not have the government pull another 4% out of the pockets of people and businesses and expect prosperity. There is a reason why taxes and the like are BIG negatives in the money multiplier.

As far as your view of the PC job plan, screw you. You seem to advocate that welfare is better than working for a living. Well fuck you. I pay my own way and so should everyone else.
    2. Fact Preovider posted on 05/06/2014 08:19 AM
      @Jim Thank you for showing us your inability to reply without using base profanity (that means disgusting language, typical poorly educated Con).
      As to whatever point you were trying to make in your limited Con way, my response is that you cannot show one (yes - ONE) qualified, credible economist who agrees with the possibility of Hudak being able to create a million jobs.

Should you choose to reply, please try your best to do so without your repeated use of vulgarity. You're merely advertising the fact that Cons are the most poorly educated voters in Canada.
    3. Jim posted on 05/06/2014 09:39 AM
      @Fact Preovider And my advice to you is learn the meaning of defamation. Because I intend to seek recourse for your comments as I have multiple University degrees.
    4. Angry Bill posted on 05/06/2014 09:40 AM
      @Fact Preovider Oh, get off your high horse. I've seen plenty of socialist libs on these forums use similar or worse language.

Regardless of his language, he made points that you cannot address.
    5. Fact Provider posted on 05/06/2014 11:38 AM
      @Jim 1. Thank you for not resorting to profanity again. It goes to show you that just about anyone can learn from his/her mistakes when those mistakes are pointedly explained to them.

2. Given the current state of uselessness of most university degrees, all that needs to be said is "Your wonderful education plus a buck-and-a-half will get you a coffee at Horton's".

3. Defaming a Tea Party Con is an extremely hard thing to accomplish. Well done to me.
  6. john posted on 05/06/2014 12:13 PM
    glade to hear Wynne is getting blasted she disservices it .

In light of the Toronto Maple Leafs choosing to not salute the fans after a win on home ice, is this the tipping point for 'Leafs Nation' support?