Ford family to prove mayor is in rehab

Councillor Doug Ford told NewsTalk 1010's Joe Warmington they will silence all the skeptics on Friday

(QMI Agency)

After days of media and political pressure about where in the world is Rob Ford, his brother Doug says the family will release information on Friday that will, "put an end to all speculation."

That's what Doug Ford told NewsTalk 1010 host and Sun columnist Joe Warmington.   He contends that all the rumours about the mayor being seen in public when he should be in rehab are not accurate.

In Ford's words, since the day he went in, he has never been out in public.  He has at all times been under the supervision of medical professionals and never once been alone one day in treatment.

Warmington has come across yet another video of a drunken Rob Ford taken in a bar on Weston Road last month. It was allegedly taken on April 27. He claims that the video shows Ford yelling profanities.

In an interview with Warmington done earlier this week, the Mayor says he is making calls to constituents while in rehab.

"I am getting help but I still want to help," Ford told the Sun.

The mayor went on to call his experience at the treatment facility 'amazing' but he would not part with details on the name of the centre or where it is located.

1. Doug Ford posted on 05/09/2014 07:36 AM
    I will prove to all that Rob is actually in rehab today, you can trust me. Have I ever lied to you before?

Also, please ignore that new video of Rob's drunken and stoned rant, that's the old Rob and as he's said on numerous occasions that he's not an alcoholic and drug addict, it's just a little relapse. Fortunately we were able to get Rob out of his house so he would stop beating his wife, The Pollack as I like to call her, and his kids are now out of therapy.

So, you know that you can trust Rob and me...we have nothing but respect for the taxpayer.

Also, I would be remiss in not thanking our little brown friend who lives in Brampton. Thank you for stealing from your employer to post all that support on company time...keep it up, only wish that you could vote for us.

God Bless Toronto

FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS

1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 07:53 AM
      @Doug Ford Thank you for remembering me...I stood beside you and Rob through the tough times and now I expect my reward...a job at city hall would be welcome.

Yes, I will continue to rip off my employer and post when I'm being paid to work, but that will stop when you hire me as you will pay me to post that crap. Thanks again, Doug.

FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS
  2. Mark7 posted on 05/09/2014 07:45 AM
    It's all lies, folks...even The Sun is reporting that Rob is at the family cottage in Muskoka but has been very quickly last night to a new location...maybe that mental hospital in Gravenhurst? Apparently Rob can't stand the black flies and had to leave.

Can anybody trust these clowns?
  3. Suz58 posted on 05/09/2014 08:27 AM
    Speaking of clowns, anyone that uses other people's names and cannot post on behalf of themselves is just as much of a liar or clown. People are speaking and giving their opinions on here. If we can't treat each other with a little respect and not trickery and deceit, we should not be on here! If you can't write under your own name or profile identity, do it without signing in, but don't use someone else's name.

The Fords tend to use a play on words. You have to watch "how" they say things. When Doug Ford says..."since the day he went in, he has never been out in public". I take that to mean, in a public place and do not take this to mean he is in fact in a facility. When Doug Ford said he spoke with Rob and said "he is doing good, and working out". This again, another play on words and again I get more the impression of someone trying to lose weight rather than addiction therapy.

Should be interesting to hear what the Ford family has to say today!

There are rehab facilities that have patients on an outpatient basis, but understand that they are not as effective as the inpatient services.
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 09:43 AM
      @Suz58 Thank you Suz58, for seeing donny p. as he truly is.
      A fake. A liar. And sadly a lonely loser too.
      This seems to be the best ways nowadays he's able to keep himself company. Becoming multiple people, and then either agreeing or debating with himself.
      This is obviously a sign of some mental health issue- and someone had better call CAMH quick before he hurts himself.
    2. donny p. posted on 05/09/2014 10:04 AM
      @Karl Burgin At least I'm not a thief....you know what you are, Rob's favourite menu item. Fishy, but he loves eating his honey.

Asshole.
    3. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 10:12 AM
      @donny p. You say you're not a thief. But you have the gall to steal other's identities and post your crap- multiple times.
      Ok...if you say so.

Although I will give you credit. As filthy as your comment is, at least you're using your own name finally. A step in the right direction. Now let's see if there is any Clorox bleach that is capable of cleaning up the foul language. Or Pinesol maybe.
    4. Mark7 posted on 05/09/2014 10:19 AM
      @Karl Burgin Are you being paid to surf and post?...I'd give back that paycheque you're stealing by not working at work.

Here's more from your hero:

In a video said to have been shot in a Weston Rd. bar on April 27, Mayor Rob Ford is heard yelling profanities:

FORD: "No one better fuck with me. I'm going to kick you in the fucking head ... I'll knock you out, pa-pow! (making punching gestures), you bitch, you bitch... bro, bro."

PATRON: This round of tequila ...

FORD: Jack, Jack Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack (Daniels?), Jack, sweetheart. Jack.

WOMAN: And it's last call.

FORD: I'm nodding here. I'm in fucking divorce and going to the fucking doghouse and going in a hotel. (Inaudible) I don't know what to say.

At least Ford isn't a fucking thief...like you stealing money when your being paid to benefit your company. Your nothing but Ford's crotch lickin' buddy that can't even vote for him.
    5. Suz58 posted on 05/09/2014 10:42 AM
      @Karl Burgin Took me a while to figure out how you can tell if someone is logged in. I don't know who is who but if someone has something to say, they should have the decency to write for the self and not spouting off and making people believe it is someone else's view.
      Why should we have to behave like politicians? :-)
    6. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 10:53 AM
      @Suz58 The best way to tell if it's me, is when I have my 'Simpson's Pic' besides my name. Unfortunately the real MARK7 never had one- and I think at this point he's so sick of being misrepresented, that he's either changed his name, or barely comments at all. Him being able to copy my name is a relatively new one- and somehow donny took the time to figure out how to do it.

I've been here for close to a year. So I can pretty much tell from the writing styles who different people are- especially when they try to copy someone else.

What donny is doing though is ruining the experience here for everyone. And I've been reporting all his comments with fake IDs, but have no idea what the web admin is doing about it- or if he/they are even paying attention at all.
    7. Suz58 posted on 05/09/2014 11:03 AM
      @Karl Burgin Yes, have it figured now Karl. That is why I added a pic. Easier to reply to comments as well. I have reported a couple as well.

And yes again, to these people posting under someone else's names, they are ruining it for everyone.
  4. enough posted on 05/09/2014 09:32 AM
    so... just so i understand this if it's true. Ford is calling citizens while in rehab.
    what stupid moron hosebag would think it's ok to accept a call from him while he's in there? Ford trailer trash supporters i guess
    your issue cant wait or you have no one else to call at city hall?
    i don't believe a freakin word of it. i don't believe a freakin word that comes out of these people's mouth
  5. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 09:50 AM
    As much as I can only hope, this would probably do no good- as to the family saying that Ford is in rehab. I believe that he is. And unfortunately the sightings of Ford outside of rehab is akin to people claiming to have seen the yeti, the loch ness monster, and UFOs.

Tim Hortons already went over the security video, and killed the claims that some teenage actually saw Rob Ford- and actually confirmed it was Doug Ford, who was at their establishment. On a side note, how the heck did a 16-year old get in the papers of having seeing Ford?

I think we have reached an impasse here about where Ford is. You have those who believe he's in rehab. You have those for whatever reason don't believe he is. The family releasing a statement isn't going to sway either party from their convictions.

But as I said, the media have got to stop hyping things up. With all this speculation, and releasing videos of Ford in bars, and taking things he says out-of-context, it isn't helping anyone. And, if people are worried about Ford embarrassing Toronto, well here you have it. Ford literally out of the public light, but the media machines keep rolling.

Ford is not the embarrassment here. It is our Canadian media, who have sunk to a new low, that is the real embarrassment.
    1. Suz58 posted on 05/09/2014 10:55 AM
      @Karl Burgin I do agree that the media is hyping things up Karl. I also believe that we are wanting them to as well.
      Yes, I know, everyone lies but, all the time?
      If you look, the most popular news is the Ford's stories.
      Question Karl....if Ford would have come clean at the beginning, admitted to what he had done, then told reporters that he was going to rehab on his own accord, do you think things would be different?

What I see here, and yes do feel it myself, the Fords don't necessarily lie, but they do not offer the truth. They answer a question asked, even in meetings with more questions and skirt around or place blame on someone else. I think here, we have a problem of the media and the public sick and tired of being made fools of by these guys.
      The trust is gone and skepticism has risen.
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 11:11 AM
      @Suz58 Honest to truth, I was actually looking forward to probably 15-21 days of having a Ford-free media.
      Yes the Ford stories are popular. But so are car accidents. Both are tragedies in their own right, but that doesn't stop people from rubber-necking.

As to your question of Ford going to rehab on his own accord- I really don't think he would have. This was probably why Mark Towhey was fired last year. Ford is many things and has a big heart, but stubbornness is greatest trait. This has worked in both towards and against his favour. In this instance, he got ahead of whatever oncoming story that was going to come to light, and just decided to go. In other words, he was probably painted into a corner. As to telling the media, I doubt that he would. He has utter disdain for them, and I simply cannot fault him here. They've done nothing more than 9 times out of 10, paint him in a negative light- and do all they can to find garbage on him to report.

As for Ford lying, I see it as mainly towards his personal issues, more than his performance/work as mayor. The one who I think may be more guilty of this trait is Doug Ford- and being caught in his 'gaffs'. Which is why I would have heart palpitations if he ran for mayor in Rob Ford's place.

But overall, the media SHOULD know better. They are the gate-keepers to what we receive and internalize. What they report contribute to, and help shape our thoughts, beliefs and opinions. That is a lot of influential power to be had. And in the words of one my dear Marvel heroes "With great power comes great responsibility."
      This is why Suz58 why I harp on the media so much, and judge them so harshly.
    3. Suz58 posted on 05/09/2014 11:55 AM
      @Karl Burgin Again Karl, I agree in part but like you said, he basically got backed into a corner.
      Part of being human is part of admitting to your problems.

Like you say Karl, and I love that quote..."with great power comes great responsibility". I don't think any of the Fords have shown responsibility or respect to Toronto.
    4. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 12:19 PM
      @Suz58 Using my own quotes against me huh? ;p

Well, to counter:
      1> Ford has had his power (or what little he had) stripped off him by council. Which probably goes to show, council is the real mess here- not necessarily Ford
      2.> Yes Ford may have brought SOME disrespect to the office. But again, that is mainly the media.
      There are essentially two types of news reporting:
      *Investigative news reporting- where the media thinks of something as public interest, and goes after it (i.e. when the Star discovered corruption in ORNGE)
      *And then there are those, who make the news- and the media is just there to inform the public (i.e. when there's a fire, or there has been a school shooting)

To this point, if Ford was proactively making the news, and providing ammunition, I would be pissed and wouldn't support him as much. He is guilty of some of the self-inflicted wounds he has received. But the majority of the disrespect is the media digging and digging, and the expose to the public light. And then dig again. Again, this sort of investigative news reporting is OK, if it is legitimately meant to serve the public good. In Fords case however, it is nothing more than a smear campaign.
      As far as I see it, the media have a lot more power and influence than what Ford could ever muster. Remember, a small flame cannot become a bonfire without pouring gasoline. Some of Ford's actions are bad, but the issues doesn't get worldwide exposure all by itself.

Before Ford was involved in any of this mess, he was still the subject of intense media scrutiny- to the point where he had a fake naked picture of him published. If you look at the website Gawker, they've had a special interest in Ford too- where they've only ridiculed Ford in all their stories, from the very beginning.
      You can check out Gawker for yourself and see.

In the meantime, ask yourself these:
      1.> Why would Gawker pose such interest from the very beginning? They are an American media- so what's the point?
      2.> Why the intense media scrutiny from the very beginning? (i.e. Danial Dale to investigate property behind Ford's home in the name of public interest- who does this really reflect)
      3.> When the Star first became aware of the 1st crack video, why publish the story without any evidence or content first? Actually, why even bother compete with a third-grade U.S. gossip site such as Gawker. If they had published it first, no one would have known, cared, or taken it seriously.
      4.> Fast-forward to the present. Why release another video when the man is in rehab for the very issue the media is trying to exploit? The only reason why I can think of here, is that someone must have purchased this for a lot of money, and whatever paper/media will have to make that money back in sales.
      5.> And from my last point, leads me to this question: Is this now only about money? A smear campaign to finally finish Rob Ford. If so, then it certainly not in the arena of public interest that the media claim the purpose of these stories to be. And it certainly lacks the objectivity and the high standard that news media should be held subject to.

-------------------------------------------
      Sorry for the essay. A lot of ideas came to mind when I was trying to think of a counter. And I didn't even put them all down ;p
    5. Suz58 posted on 05/09/2014 02:40 PM
      @Karl Burgin No problem Karl...lol.
      From what I read on this last video of Ford, it was not paid for.
      I do not follow Gawker but I have read that Ford has a reputation in the US. Florida and then if you consider Chicago where he supposedly worked as a salesperson for their company after he dropped out of Carlton University.

Yes the media has exploited him and here again, the chicken and the egg. I'd do believe it was Ford that came first.
      While he was in council, I don't remember hearing much about him. It was once he became mayor that the real sh-- hit the fan. People have certain expectations when they have elected a public official.

My understanding is that Daniel Dale story was different than Ford reported, here again, I do not know the truth on that one.

Karl, seriously why would they publish the crack video? Yes, I believe they paid for that one. Yes, I believe the people have a right to know. And then for him to deny it. Really, Ford does not do anything on his own unless his back is pushed against the wall.
      Yes, I think there is big money involved here. I can guarantee that if I was in a bar spewing off with obscenities, drunk and/or stoned, making people move out of their seats so I can sit there, making comments about candidates, it would not be long before I was turfed out of that bar. No one would be taking a video of it, they would not care.
      But then, you have the mayor of Toronto pulling the same things, people know him, and people expect better behaviour.
      I don't think Rob just began this type of behaviour. While he was in Council, he was not noticed as much.
      Respect works both ways, you have to give it to get it.

And no, I do not think that most reporters have much respect for the Fords. They know who does and if you notice, those are the people they will call for interviews.

If you hang out with criminals and druggies, you are going to draw attention and thus bring out the not so nice things you do.

I do think the only reason Ford said he was going into rehab (which I still think is just a fat farm), is because he had to give the people of Toronto something.
      More proof of something he said he did not do. In his sister's basement. I think it was a twenty year old that took the video and sold the still shot.
      Bad behaviour of a father with two kids not to mention a husband, father, Mayor of Toronto.
      Karl I don't know what started Gawker on the band wagon but from what I have read and viewed, Rob is the youngest of four, they have money, he is spoiled, he has done some illegal stuff, caught for some.
      Hell, I think he should be embarrassed enough to step down by now.

Sorry for my essay... :-)
    6. dama posted on 05/09/2014 02:49 PM
      @Suz58 If the Video of Rob Ford smoking crack was available and seen then Rob Ford would have admitted to that.and take a leave of absence and go into rehad,, yes,, it would probably helpe..

but the video "was speculated to exist", therefore on what we know then, Rob Ford stated that the video did not exist(for they knew it was 'Destroyed" and in politic one does not admit on anything if there is no proof.. watch House of Cards? they wil spin and spin til lthe story died..

but the police recovered that deleted video and seen by Chief Bill Blair and announced by Blair then Rob Ford admitted..

Rob Ford tried the spin but it failed and not wanting to change his way of live,, ultimately it caught up with him...

It s not too late to go to rehab but it will be a long long journey..

Will he come back and win? at 22% .. it is hard ..
    7. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 03:26 PM
      @Suz58 Np....don't mind the essay. While I don't agree on some parts, still very well said.
      I will give you this though. If Ford's sister somehow dragged him into the activities recorded in her basement- shame on her. She should know better there. Especially with her brother under so much pressure and scrutiny already.

As for the last couple of videos, the Globe and Mail purchased them for $10K. As to this last one with Ford in a bar, I'm not sure if it was purchased or not. But if it was, I wouldn't be surprised.

As for respect for Council, that ship has sailed a loooonnnggg time ago. Most of them have been around probably before, but for sure during the Miller days. And we're talking about the days when money was spent on special interest projects, raising taxes, mismanaging money/projects, and talking out of both sides of their traps. Rob Ford was the people's choice in response to that.
      ---------------------------------------
      Mark my words Suz58, and you can be free to remind me of this down the road, should this situation ever arise:
      I guarantee that if Tory is elected, and tries to carry on the same agenda (obviously without the baggage), but also with the sing-along kumbyaa let's-all-hold-hands attitude, Council will either walk all over him, or his plans would be compromised to the point of nonrecognition.
  6. john posted on 05/09/2014 11:24 AM
    yea he is in rehab . the Betty ford center that is .
  7. justsaying posted on 05/09/2014 01:03 PM
    Karl you Delusional Tool:

re; "the sightings of Ford outside of rehab is akin to people claiming to have seen the yeti, the loch ness monster, and UFOs"

Yes he is akin to unimaginable objects of size and girth. Hence, the confusion (or non confusion, actual sightings) is understandable and acceptable to most enlightened people with any sense of humor. Actullay that was a good one Karl.

re: Blaming Media for "releasing videos of Ford in bars, and taking things he says out-of-context, it isn't helping anyone"

This shows you have never watched the news before in your life, or understand what News is.

A crack head mayor who cannot be allowed into the US because of his rampant drug use, who is returning calls to constituents while supposedly being in rehab...is a terrific story. Especially since the Mayor is a proven liar time and time again. He and you would not know truth if it hit you on the head with a 2 x 4.

You bore me and the rest of us with your lame rhetoric.
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 03:11 PM
      @justsaying 1.> I'm not sure if you're just being an ass. Or believing the skeptic view that Ford is hop-scotching about. This last sighting was disproved by Tim Hortons that went over their security video. But from the sounds of your comment, you would rather not believe that. Proof is tell you no, but you still choose yes- and I'm the delusional tool?

2.> You don't have a degree in media studies, I do. Enough said there

3.>Despite the numerous videos, he's still been back and forth over the border. But then again, back to my first point, you don't seem to believe in evidence.

4.> A proven liar, who has delivered on his campaign promises. Hmmm....
  8. dama posted on 05/09/2014 02:38 PM
    I have seen Elvis Presley, he was having a burger while shaking his hip..

and I have also seen John Lennon,, he is still giving Peace A Chance...
    1. john posted on 05/09/2014 03:22 PM
      @dama i saw Michal Jackson moon walking down my road last night .
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 03:27 PM
      @john are u sure...usually its Kathleen Wynne running down the lonely road in her gear ;p
    3. dama posted on 05/09/2014 03:41 PM
      @john I am glad that Michael Jackson is moon walking down your neighbourhood and not babysitting your son..
    4. Mark7 posted on 05/09/2014 03:57 PM
      @dama Who would you rather babysit your son, Michael Jackson, Rob Ford, Karl Burgin, or a Catholic Priest?...quite the dilemma.
  9. Doug Ford posted on 05/09/2014 03:23 PM
    Folks, the planned announcement will be made shortly, we're just editing the final draft. It will be honest, detailed, transparent, and will put an end to the speculation. It will be used as my platform when I announce my candidacy for mayor after I throw Rob under the bus and force him to quit. He's OK with that as I used to steal all his toys when we were kids so he's used to me taking over...kind of ruined his life, though. Just because he's losing his wife, family, job, and house is no cause for worry. We still have a job for him a DECO and he has his trust fund to pay child support.

And for Karl Burgin, our brown ally from Brampton, we're announcing that he'll have Jacobek's old job in IT procurement when I'm elected. What's better than replacing one thief with another thief? Karl's resume is perfect for the job.

More shortly.

FORD MORE YEARS (me) FORD MORE YEARS (me) FORD MORE YEARS (me) FORD MORE YEARS (me)

Yay ME!
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 03:39 PM
      @Doug Ford Thank god we have people like you Doug, not only do you give my putrid life some meaning but now a real job where I can steal and it's part of my job description. I wet my pants reading your post.

Thank god for these blessings, it put meaning to my year on this comment section.

FORD MORE YEARS (you) FORD MORE YEARS (you) FORD MORE YEARS (you) FORD MORE YEARS (you)

Yay You!
  10. donny p. posted on 05/13/2014 04:53 PM
    My name is donny and im a stupid head

There are reports that an NHL expansion could mean another team for Toronto. Do you think it's a good idea?