Ford family to prove mayor is in rehab

Councillor Doug Ford told NewsTalk 1010's Joe Warmington they will silence all the skeptics on Friday

(QMI Agency)

After days of media and political pressure about where in the world is Rob Ford, his brother Doug says the family will release information on Friday that will, "put an end to all speculation."

That's what Doug Ford told NewsTalk 1010 host and Sun columnist Joe Warmington.   He contends that all the rumours about the mayor being seen in public when he should be in rehab are not accurate.

In Ford's words, since the day he went in, he has never been out in public.  He has at all times been under the supervision of medical professionals and never once been alone one day in treatment.

Warmington has come across yet another video of a drunken Rob Ford taken in a bar on Weston Road last month. It was allegedly taken on April 27. He claims that the video shows Ford yelling profanities.

In an interview with Warmington done earlier this week, the Mayor says he is making calls to constituents while in rehab.

"I am getting help but I still want to help," Ford told the Sun.

The mayor went on to call his experience at the treatment facility 'amazing' but he would not part with details on the name of the centre or where it is located.

1. Doug Ford posted on 05/09/2014 07:36 AM
    I will prove to all that Rob is actually in rehab today, you can trust me. Have I ever lied to you before?

Also, please ignore that new video of Rob's drunken and stoned rant, that's the old Rob and as he's said on numerous occasions that he's not an alcoholic and drug addict, it's just a little relapse. Fortunately we were able to get Rob out of his house so he would stop beating his wife, The Pollack as I like to call her, and his kids are now out of therapy.

So, you know that you can trust Rob and me...we have nothing but respect for the taxpayer.

Also, I would be remiss in not thanking our little brown friend who lives in Brampton. Thank you for stealing from your employer to post all that support on company time...keep it up, only wish that you could vote for us.

God Bless Toronto

FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS

1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 07:53 AM
      @Doug Ford Thank you for remembering me...I stood beside you and Rob through the tough times and now I expect my reward...a job at city hall would be welcome.

Yes, I will continue to rip off my employer and post when I'm being paid to work, but that will stop when you hire me as you will pay me to post that crap. Thanks again, Doug.

FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS
  2. Mark7 posted on 05/09/2014 07:45 AM
    It's all lies, folks...even The Sun is reporting that Rob is at the family cottage in Muskoka but has been very quickly last night to a new location...maybe that mental hospital in Gravenhurst? Apparently Rob can't stand the black flies and had to leave.

Can anybody trust these clowns?
  3. Suz58 posted on 05/09/2014 08:27 AM
    Speaking of clowns, anyone that uses other people's names and cannot post on behalf of themselves is just as much of a liar or clown. People are speaking and giving their opinions on here. If we can't treat each other with a little respect and not trickery and deceit, we should not be on here! If you can't write under your own name or profile identity, do it without signing in, but don't use someone else's name.

The Fords tend to use a play on words. You have to watch "how" they say things. When Doug Ford says..."since the day he went in, he has never been out in public". I take that to mean, in a public place and do not take this to mean he is in fact in a facility. When Doug Ford said he spoke with Rob and said "he is doing good, and working out". This again, another play on words and again I get more the impression of someone trying to lose weight rather than addiction therapy.

Should be interesting to hear what the Ford family has to say today!

There are rehab facilities that have patients on an outpatient basis, but understand that they are not as effective as the inpatient services.
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 09:43 AM
      @Suz58 Thank you Suz58, for seeing donny p. as he truly is.
      A fake. A liar. And sadly a lonely loser too.
      This seems to be the best ways nowadays he's able to keep himself company. Becoming multiple people, and then either agreeing or debating with himself.
      This is obviously a sign of some mental health issue- and someone had better call CAMH quick before he hurts himself.
  4. enough posted on 05/09/2014 09:32 AM
    so... just so i understand this if it's true. Ford is calling citizens while in rehab.
    what stupid moron hosebag would think it's ok to accept a call from him while he's in there? Ford trailer trash supporters i guess
    your issue cant wait or you have no one else to call at city hall?
    i don't believe a freakin word of it. i don't believe a freakin word that comes out of these people's mouth
  5. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 09:50 AM
    As much as I can only hope, this would probably do no good- as to the family saying that Ford is in rehab. I believe that he is. And unfortunately the sightings of Ford outside of rehab is akin to people claiming to have seen the yeti, the loch ness monster, and UFOs.

Tim Hortons already went over the security video, and killed the claims that some teenage actually saw Rob Ford- and actually confirmed it was Doug Ford, who was at their establishment. On a side note, how the heck did a 16-year old get in the papers of having seeing Ford?

I think we have reached an impasse here about where Ford is. You have those who believe he's in rehab. You have those for whatever reason don't believe he is. The family releasing a statement isn't going to sway either party from their convictions.

But as I said, the media have got to stop hyping things up. With all this speculation, and releasing videos of Ford in bars, and taking things he says out-of-context, it isn't helping anyone. And, if people are worried about Ford embarrassing Toronto, well here you have it. Ford literally out of the public light, but the media machines keep rolling.

Ford is not the embarrassment here. It is our Canadian media, who have sunk to a new low, that is the real embarrassment.
    1. Suz58 posted on 05/09/2014 10:55 AM
      @Karl Burgin I do agree that the media is hyping things up Karl. I also believe that we are wanting them to as well.
      Yes, I know, everyone lies but, all the time?
      If you look, the most popular news is the Ford's stories.
      Question Karl....if Ford would have come clean at the beginning, admitted to what he had done, then told reporters that he was going to rehab on his own accord, do you think things would be different?

What I see here, and yes do feel it myself, the Fords don't necessarily lie, but they do not offer the truth. They answer a question asked, even in meetings with more questions and skirt around or place blame on someone else. I think here, we have a problem of the media and the public sick and tired of being made fools of by these guys.
      The trust is gone and skepticism has risen.
  6. john posted on 05/09/2014 11:24 AM
    yea he is in rehab . the Betty ford center that is .
  7. justsaying posted on 05/09/2014 01:03 PM
    Karl you Delusional Tool:

re; "the sightings of Ford outside of rehab is akin to people claiming to have seen the yeti, the loch ness monster, and UFOs"

Yes he is akin to unimaginable objects of size and girth. Hence, the confusion (or non confusion, actual sightings) is understandable and acceptable to most enlightened people with any sense of humor. Actullay that was a good one Karl.

re: Blaming Media for "releasing videos of Ford in bars, and taking things he says out-of-context, it isn't helping anyone"

This shows you have never watched the news before in your life, or understand what News is.

A crack head mayor who cannot be allowed into the US because of his rampant drug use, who is returning calls to constituents while supposedly being in rehab...is a terrific story. Especially since the Mayor is a proven liar time and time again. He and you would not know truth if it hit you on the head with a 2 x 4.

You bore me and the rest of us with your lame rhetoric.
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 03:11 PM
      @justsaying 1.> I'm not sure if you're just being an ass. Or believing the skeptic view that Ford is hop-scotching about. This last sighting was disproved by Tim Hortons that went over their security video. But from the sounds of your comment, you would rather not believe that. Proof is tell you no, but you still choose yes- and I'm the delusional tool?

2.> You don't have a degree in media studies, I do. Enough said there

3.>Despite the numerous videos, he's still been back and forth over the border. But then again, back to my first point, you don't seem to believe in evidence.

4.> A proven liar, who has delivered on his campaign promises. Hmmm....
  8. dama posted on 05/09/2014 02:38 PM
    I have seen Elvis Presley, he was having a burger while shaking his hip..

and I have also seen John Lennon,, he is still giving Peace A Chance...
    1. john posted on 05/09/2014 03:22 PM
      @dama i saw Michal Jackson moon walking down my road last night .
  9. Doug Ford posted on 05/09/2014 03:23 PM
    Folks, the planned announcement will be made shortly, we're just editing the final draft. It will be honest, detailed, transparent, and will put an end to the speculation. It will be used as my platform when I announce my candidacy for mayor after I throw Rob under the bus and force him to quit. He's OK with that as I used to steal all his toys when we were kids so he's used to me taking over...kind of ruined his life, though. Just because he's losing his wife, family, job, and house is no cause for worry. We still have a job for him a DECO and he has his trust fund to pay child support.

And for Karl Burgin, our brown ally from Brampton, we're announcing that he'll have Jacobek's old job in IT procurement when I'm elected. What's better than replacing one thief with another thief? Karl's resume is perfect for the job.

More shortly.

FORD MORE YEARS (me) FORD MORE YEARS (me) FORD MORE YEARS (me) FORD MORE YEARS (me)

Yay ME!
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 03:39 PM
      @Doug Ford Thank god we have people like you Doug, not only do you give my putrid life some meaning but now a real job where I can steal and it's part of my job description. I wet my pants reading your post.

Thank god for these blessings, it put meaning to my year on this comment section.

FORD MORE YEARS (you) FORD MORE YEARS (you) FORD MORE YEARS (you) FORD MORE YEARS (you)

Yay You!
  10. donny p. posted on 05/13/2014 04:53 PM
    My name is donny and im a stupid head

The union representing TTC drivers, thinks the driver who ran a red light, should be allowed to work a desk job. Would you put her back to work?