New video shows Rob Ford swearing & stumbling at a bar

The Toronto Sun obtained a video of Mayor Rob Ford swearing and stumbling at a bar last month

The Toronto Sun obtained a video of Mayor Rob Ford allegedly recorded at a bar last month
Photo: Toronto Sun

Despite all the so-called sightings of Rob Ford out in public when he's supposed to be in rehab, his brother says "since the day he went in, he has never been out in public."

Councillor Doug Ford spoke to NEWSTALK 1010 host and Toronto Sun columnist Joe Warmington, saying of his brother, "he has at all times been under the supervision of medical professionals and never once been alone one day in treatment."

Councillor Ford also says the family will release information that will "put an end to all speculation."

Incidentally, there's a new drunk Rob Ford video from the Mayor's last binge late last month.

It was obtained by the Toronto Sun.

Ford can be seen in a bar dropping F-bombs, at last call, talking about how his wife is going to divorce him.

1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 09:40 AM
    Hmm.. and here i thought that was usually normal behaviour when you're in a bar drinking booze.
    We're the other patrons horrified about this drunk behaviour? Oh yeah, they were probably buzzed or drunk too...

Here, here to another stellar article, to our journalistic media. For pointing out the obvious, as to what happens in bars.
    IDIOTS!
    1. Sonny posted on 05/09/2014 10:22 AM
      @Karl Burgin Ford said he was going to stop drinking, read the article again...
    2. tanjo posted on 05/09/2014 10:27 AM
      @Karl Burgin No, that is not normal behaviour. As a matter of fact, I don't think bars are allowed to serve you once you are visibly intoxicated.

If this is your normal, then you need to find a new normal before something serious happens. I am not trying to insult. I am serious.
    3. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 10:30 AM
      @Sonny That's not the point Sonny.
      If say they had published this to prove a point, say for instance, he wasn't in rehab, then this video would have had more "teeth". And even then, I still wouldn't be comfortable with this being taken and released, because it is Enquirer-like journalism.

Nevertheless, Ford is out of the public light, and rehab (i know you may think differently on this ;p). So what is the point of this story/video? To market to those who's guilty pleasure is to hate-on Ford, and love to see a train wreck? To sell more papers? Because the public has a right to know?
      It doesn't matter now whether he said he was going to stop drinking or not. He is rehab for that issue. Which hence negates any point of publishing this.
    4. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 10:38 AM
      @tanjo I have a German and a Portuguese friend I usually go out with on their birthdays. Drinking is a part of their culture. By the time it's time to pay the bill, they are so drunk, they can't even sign their name when paying via credit card, or calculate what tip to give.

And its not even a 'pure' bar so-to-speak. These are at bars/restaurants.
      I would expect when you go to a par/pub to just drink, I wouldn't really expect anything less than that sort of behaviour. As long as you're not starting fights, I doubt its anything to wring our hands over.

And concerning serving while intoxicated, I think the rule that's more enforced is driving while visibly drunk, that then the establishment becomes liable.

The point is TANJO, again this story is taken out of context, to further humiliate someone who is rehab fro binges. If the point was to say that "the mayor said he was never going to drink again, but here he is", then you may have a point. Although I've already expressed how disconcerting it is for people to follow the man around constantly to film him at his weak point when it occurs, and sell it to the highest bidder for publishing.
      However, this story serves no purpose for a man already in rehab to address this issue.
    5. Sonny posted on 05/09/2014 10:40 AM
      @Karl Burgin Rob could leave Public life but he is doing this as part of the comeback. The SUN has been a paper that puts many things he does in more positive light.
    6. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 10:45 AM
      @Sonny I think Rob's whole motivation is to come-back as mayor. And I cannot see that as a bad thing.
      If he were in rehab say because other people told him to, or he was painted into a corner, I wouldn't see what the drive would be to take the time-off seriously.

And I'm not denying that the Sun is a paper that pulls to the positive side when it comes to Ford.
      However, it would be nice to see objectiveness, and a sense of good balance and judgement return to all media- on all platforms.
    7. Brief and to the Point posted on 05/09/2014 12:31 PM
      @Karl Burgin As to: ..."So what is the point of this story/video?"...

..."market to those who's guilty pleasure is to hate-on Ford"...
      Possibly
      ..."and love to see a train wreck?" ...
      Possibly
      ..."To sell more papers?"...
      Probably
      ..." Because the public has a right to know?"...
      ABSOLUTELY

Too easy, Karl the Enabler.
    8. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 12:40 PM
      @Brief and to the Point Sorry to burst your bubble, but you just killed your own logic.

We've seen under-handed videos like this many times before. So at this point the public already knows what to expect, when releasing videos of this nature.

And here I thought the media was in the business of publishing news- not being woefully redundant.

Way too easy, BRIEF TO THE POINT blind hater.
    9. jjenner posted on 05/09/2014 12:54 PM
      @Karl Burgin Everyone - please do a lot of us a favour and resist your temptation to respond to Karl The Enabler.

He just can't help himself by always trying to get in the last word.
    10. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 01:02 PM
      @jjenner As much as I disagree with BRIEF TO THE POINT, at least he some sense to debate.
      You however decide to attack me outright, and then make me sound petty when responding.

And here I thought the purpose of forums was to debate? Sorry jjenner, but if you can't keep up then please show yourself out.
    11. Brief and to the Point posted on 05/09/2014 01:02 PM
      @Karl Burgin Whether the video was "underhanded" or not is not the point (as you'd realize if your intelligence matched your wordiness.

The public has the right to know what their top "hire" is doing to fulfil the conditions of his contract as mayor.

You pretend to be intelligent in your "observations" but you are way too dumb and blind by half if you really missed the only point. Therefore, just stop posting your stupidity.
    12. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 01:14 PM
      @Brief and to the Point So, if I follow your logic to its tragic end, we should also follow the mayor to the bathroom- just to make sure he's able to take a dump sober. Or to make sure he's not at KFC. We wouldn't want him to lie about his diet now- would we?
      Because he has no private time or moments whatsoever- and he's mayor 24/7. In most cases, these would probably be extreme examples. But given the blanket coverage of Ford, whether he's present or absent, we are not that far off from that reality.

If this is the way things are supposed to be, then why aren't we seeing the same coverage from our other 24/7 politicians.

Yeah, I may be wordy at times. But I least I don't come to dumb conclusions like what you just spieled.
    13. Brief and to the Point posted on 05/09/2014 01:33 PM
      @Karl Burgin I am no longer perplexed by you.

I looked up the word "delusional" in every on-line dictionary available and guess what was to be found:
      Your photograph.

Give us some help here, Karl.

There are at least 2 of you, correct?
      I mean no one person could be that mislead by a buffoon and his total lack of anything civil or be that stupid all by himself.
    14. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 01:49 PM
      @Brief and to the Point Well, given the fact that you cannot counter- but instead take the cheap route to throw silly insults, tells me that we're done here. And any hope of maturely hashing this out is over.
    15. Brief and to the Point posted on 05/09/2014 01:54 PM
      @Karl Burgin Nothing to hash out, Karl.

You have been mislead.

You won't admit it to yourself.

You can't or won't face reality.

Therefore you can't offer relevance to your comments.

You have proven it repeatedly.
    16. tanjo posted on 05/09/2014 03:28 PM
      @Karl Burgin MY point is that your initial assertion is incorrect. Drinking to the extent demonstrated in the video is neither common nor is it acceptable.

We all have friends or family that allow themselves to get into that state. I help them where I can, but they do not have my respect.
    17. jjenner posted on 05/09/2014 03:57 PM
      @Brief and to the Point Wow...I am impressed that Karl has been able to modify his behaviour and relented from getting in the word.

If only our "Mayor" could demonstrate the same ability to modify his behaviour!
    18. Karl Burgin posted on 05/13/2014 04:58 PM
      @jjenner Sorry to disappoint you...thank god for rss feeds.

1.>I don't agree with tanjo, but at least he puts up a good debate. Of which he has my respect
      2.>Brief and to the Point likes to cover his eyes and ears, and just yell that his opponents are wrong.
      3.>You JJENNER contribute little-to-nothing other than keeping score on when I respond vs when I do not. How is that working out for you...
  2. CC posted on 05/09/2014 10:08 AM
    Have always said that Toronto (HogTown) has the Worst, biased and ill-informed media compared to anywhere in the country, especially the sportscasters and reporters, look at how many great hockey players Toronto has lost and subsequently Stanley Cups that can be attributed to the press.

Garbage Can reporters, There all a bunch of know nothings

Real things are happening out there, wake up

CC
    1. Doug Ford posted on 05/09/2014 10:30 AM
      @CC Robby is The Real Thing! You just don't get it. Honest, transparent, respects the taxpayers, loves his wife, eats good stuff...can't get anymore real than that.

FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 05/09/2014 10:39 AM
      @Doug Ford I take it back....there is no hope for you donny. You are a rotten troll to the core.
  3. johnn posted on 05/09/2014 11:16 AM
    ptt thats nothing compared to a show i watched last called bar rescue . ford is a angle compared to the people in that show . some idiot was baning his wife on the bar in front of everybody . the crowd going nuts .

With Ray Rice having his indefinite suspension lifted, would you support a football team who signed him to play?