NEWS

Donald Sterling attacks Magic Johnson during interview
The owner of the L.A. clippers called Johnson a bad role model
3 0
Donald Sterling

In an interview aired Monday where he expressed sorrow for recorded racist remarks that earned him a lifetime NBA ban, Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling was anything but apologetic toward Magic Johnson, one of the men mentioned in the recording, repeatedly disparaging Johnson's HIV-positive status, dismissing his work in charity and business and saying he's not a proper role model for children.

``He's got AIDS!'' Sterling said loudly at one point, cutting off CNN'S Anderson Cooper as the interviewer attempted to cite Johnson's accomplishments after Sterling asked, ``What has he done, big Magic
Johnson, what has he done?''

``He acts so holy,'' Sterling said. ``He made love to every girl in every city in America, and he had AIDS, and when he had those AIDS, I went to my synagogue and I prayed for him, I hope he could live and be well. I didn't criticize him. I could have. Is he an example for children?''

Anderson corrected Sterling, explaining that Johnson was HIV-positive but did not have ``full-blown AIDS.'' Sterling briefly adjusted his language but not his tone.

``What kind of a guy goes to every city, has sex with every girl, then he catches HIV. Is that someone we want to respect, and tell our kids about?'' Sterling said. ``I think he should be ashamed of himself.''

Johnson had Tweeted after the recording emerged last month that he would never attend another Clippers game while Sterling was owner. But he was in attendance at Sunday's playoff game against the
Oklahoma City Thunder sitting next to NBA Commissioner Adam Silver, who handed down Sterling's lifetime ban and a $2.5 million fine nearly two weeks ago.

Johnson representatives didn't immediately reply to requests for comment, and Johnson did not immediately address the interview on his frequently updated Twitter account. Anderson said Johnson would appear on his show on Tuesday.

Also in the interview that had its first full airing Monday after the release of excerpts Sunday, Sterling says he was ``baited'' into using racist language by V. Stiviano, the woman who made the recording.

``She would always use the word 'black,' '' Sterling said of Stiviano. ``That's a black girl, that's a black guy, this is black, that's black. So when she said to me I'm going to bring 'four gorgeous black guys to the game,' players she was referring to either football or basketball, I was a little jealous maybe.''

``I used her words,'' Sterling said, later adding: ``I don't know why the girl had me say those things.''

Categories:

1. john posted on 05/13/2014 11:00 AM
    i was supporting him till this . u dont attack MJ . there is a law agents that .
  2. Karl Burgin posted on 05/14/2014 11:08 AM
    His mouth just isn't big enough for him to insert his elderly foot.

But it does explain why he is so popular with the ladies.You know- what they think about guys with huge feet... ;p
  3. Francis julien Arapan posted on 05/15/2014 09:31 AM
    HI, I read your article about what Donald Sterling said to Magic Johnson. I would like to comment that Mr. Sterling’s message about the black people is worse compared to Magic Johnson having HIV. Mr. Sterling may have hurt all the black people not only in the United States but in the whole world.

Francis Julien A. Arapan
    Contributor, www.OurHappySchool.com

DON'T MISS

AIRPORT TUNNEL

WATCH: NEWSTALK 1010 contest winner is first through airport tunnel

Joel MacCharles, winner of the NEWSTALK 1010 'Be the First' contest makes history before jet-setting to NYC!

NEWS ALERTS

STAY CONNECTED

Sign up for out Breaking News Alerts and receive up-to-the-minute coverage of the top stories of the day

3 0
Donald Sterling

Johnson, what has he done?''

1. john posted on 05/13/2014 11:00 AM
  2. Karl Burgin posted on 05/14/2014 11:08 AM
    His mouth just isn't big enough for him to insert his elderly foot.

3. Francis julien Arapan posted on 05/15/2014 09:31 AM