NEWS

Cineplex to test higher price for prime seating
The company will charge and extra $2-$3 for seats in the middle rows of their theatres at one Toronto location
5 1

How would you feel about having to pay more for the best seats at the movie theatre?

Cineplex will be launching a pilot project later this year where customers would pay an extra $2 or $3 for the seats in the middle rows of the theatre.

The company will be testing this at the Odeon Varsity location in Toronto Manulife Centre.

A spokesperson for Cineplex told The Star, they have had great success with the extra charges associated with their VIP and UltraAVX cinemas which offer reserved seating.

If any other patrons are sitting in the reserved seats, they will be asked to move for those who paid the extra fee to have them.

Cineplex is also looking to expand their arcade.

Categories:

1. Steve posted on 05/14/2014 08:55 PM
    No way I'm moving. Reserve seating for all is the only way.
  2. JohnVoter posted on 05/14/2014 09:02 PM
    Disgusting!

AVX is one thing, all people know its reserved but for regular theaters now?

Looks like people with money to blow get call the shots, what else is new?

Imagine if the ttc did this
  3. Pamela posted on 05/15/2014 09:14 AM
    I think the concept is ridiculous, but there's always someone who'll love it. They can have it. To each his/her own.

I used to be a huge movie lover, going to the theatre every 1 - 2 weeks. However, in the last decade I've been going less and less with each passing year. So far this year I've only been twice and I'm fine with it. Tickets and snacks are so over-priced. Used to be just pop, popcorn and candy but now it's everything else under the sun. Too many smells and noises, not to mention many theatre goers ruin the experience with their incessant talking and using their phone for whatever. I'm happier watching a movie in the comfort of the my own home. I'd rather spend the money on a large tv then going to the movies.
  4. frankie posted on 05/15/2014 10:13 AM
    Why don't they focus on getting some decent movies in? It's been about 15 years already.
  5. john posted on 05/15/2014 11:13 AM
    i want there one time for my birthday to watch a movie called salt man i had to pay like $20 to even get in the front door . drinks where over $5 a pop . my local theater u only pay like $7 and drinks where around $ 2 . man what a screw job i will never go there again .

@NEWSTALK1010

DON'T MISS

SICKKIDS

2 DAYS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Tune in to NEWSTALK 1010 on May 30th and 31st from noon to 6pm and you can make a difference. Click here to see how you can help

IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE

MISSED THE SHOW? DON'T MISS THIS!

Aaron Waxman & Associates present the 4th annual IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE -- if you missed the show, DON'T WORRY. You can check out video and pics RIGHT HERE

NEWS ALERTS

STAY CONNECTED

Sign up for out Breaking News Alerts and receive up-to-the-minute coverage of the top stories of the day

5 1

Cineplex is also looking to expand their arcade.

1. Steve posted on 05/14/2014 08:55 PM
    No way I'm moving. Reserve seating for all is the only way.
  2. JohnVoter posted on 05/14/2014 09:02 PM
    Disgusting!

AVX is one thing, all people know its reserved but for regular theaters now?

Looks like people with money to blow get call the shots, what else is new?

Imagine if the ttc did this