UPDATE: Mayor Ford's Escalade impounded in cottage country

But it wasn't the Mayor who was behind the wheel..

The big black Cadillac Escalade that has often been seen around Toronto, with Mayor Ford behind the wheel, is now sitting in an impound lot in Bracebridge.

The OPP have said the vehicle was stopped outside the Green Stone rehab facility in Bala around 2:45 on Tuesday afternoon. But it was a 36 year old woman, Lee Anne McRobb who was arrested and charged with impaired driving.

Matt Sitler from Moose FM in Bracebridge says he spoke with McRobb when she showed up to collect some things out of Mayor Ford's room.

McRobb has indicated that she'd met Ford while the two were in rehab together, but she went on to say she was no longer in rehab.

When asked how she ended up behind the wheel of Ford's vehicle, she only said 'that's for me to know'.

What we do know is that Ford was not in the vehicle when it was pulled over.

1. tanjo posted on 05/21/2014 07:37 PM
    No. Not gonna read the story!
    (But It's a Rob Ford Story)
    None of my business. It's not even about him!
    (You know you want to)
    No! Stay Strong! Staaaaaay Strooong!
    (It's so tempting!)
    Aw. What the hell.
    ROB FORD ROB FORD ROB FORD! OM NOM NOM NOM!

Oh gawd. I feel so dirty now!
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/22/2014 08:36 AM
      @tanjo lol...funny.

It's ok TANJO. I will give you this one ;p

And the next time, I'll give the devil on your left shoulder a kick in the ass for u
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 05/22/2014 08:41 AM
      @tanjo ...and unfortunately the lady's last name (McRobb) doesn't help. I don't know whether its a cruel sense of poetic irony that's at play here.
      ------------------------------------------------

On another note, while I don't think this isn't anything news-worthy, it is an interesting read nonetheless.
    3. john posted on 05/22/2014 02:29 PM
      @Karl Burgin what u think the AR15 is for ?
  2. Martha R. posted on 05/21/2014 07:53 PM
    If nothing, that has come before, shows what an idiot Rob Ford is, this is it.

He gave (yes, gave - she hasn't been charged with stealing them) his car keys to a woman he met in rehab (what, 3 weeks ago, tops?). Who then left rehab and got loaded, only to get in the Mayor's car to drive to the rehab facilty to "collect some things out of Mayor Ford's room" - and possibly (who are we kidding - probably) drop off a thing or two (bottle, spliff, rock?)

I am so tired of having a bully, drunk, drug-using moron as the Mayor of the greatest city of the greatest country in the world. He has made our city/country infamous.

Ford Nation - grow a brain.
  3. Alex posted on 05/21/2014 08:57 PM
    Just more shady shady shady behaviour that surrounds the Ford dynasty!
  4. Suz58 posted on 05/21/2014 09:00 PM
    Tango and Martha, the plot just thickens. Wonder who took the plates off the vehicle? Yup, think it is high time for this hypocritical, alcoholic, enabling, bigot, masoginic, crack smoking, lying family to leave politics behind.

Really got me thinking, what kind of rehab is this? She gets out last week, this week she is behind the wheel of Ford's vehicle...impaired. Do you think Robbie is going to be any different? Oh right, he is dealing with his problems, His brother said that he is exercising and has lost weight....really now, do you think that is his only problem Doug? This whole family needs help!

I think they should put them both in the very group home Doug is complaining about, they might learn something on how money cannot buy health and how difficult others have to live with a developmental disability.

Do you think Torontonians are finally seeing the light?
    1. Alex posted on 05/21/2014 09:28 PM
      @Suz58 If you claim to be a member of 'Ford Nation' then I question that persons behaviour and integrity.
    2. Suz58 posted on 05/22/2014 12:27 AM
      @Alex Alex, not once did I ever claim to be a member of "Ford Nation"!

I think it is time for the whole family to give up on FN as well as Torontoians. Nothing good is ever going to come of him even running for Mayor. We have not heard the end of this, he was just running from everything that has come out, is yet to come.

After all, all he has admitted to is a drinking problem, somewhat. The only thing Doug thinks he is in there for is weight loss.

I wonder why her watch would be in Ford's room?

This joker is done!
  5. tim posted on 05/21/2014 10:41 PM
    Can you in the liberal media finally leave the guy alone and focus on the real issue in the province...and thats how we finally get tim hukack in and really see who has been sucking out the money from all of us and thats the TEACHERS and their golden parachete pensions!! Once Hudak gets in he will finally get our money back from teachers pension plan which is like 150 billion dollars of our money! Why should we keep putting our money into a bunch of spoiled people who get there three months a year off and never answer my calls about my kids and never want to couch them on the weekends?!! I have a job too and why dont they want to take them too? I see them leave work every day and know they have a great pension and hope Tim Hudak will take the money and make it for us all.
    1. Suz58 posted on 05/22/2014 12:32 AM
      @tim The Fords definitely are not the answers to your problems, that is a given! As far as a provincial election goes, I don't consider any one of them worthy of our votes.
      They do not have the people's best interests at heart...they only care about what will benefit them.

To be honest, I really don't want to vote for any of the main three.
    2. James posted on 05/22/2014 01:04 AM
      @tim Tim, given the errors with the spelling and grammar in your comment, it seems quite evident that did not benefit from an Ontario high school education.
    3. john posted on 05/22/2014 06:07 AM
      @tim cood u pleez sey that suff in englsh pleez ?
    4. Suz58 posted on 05/22/2014 06:43 AM
      @James Spelling and grammar are far from the issues here!
    5. Mike from the hinterland posted on 05/22/2014 06:46 AM
      @john seems quite evident that did not

should not it be

seems quite evident that you did not

James it seems you did not benefit from a Ontario high school education as well.

James you grammar Nazi! I will comfort you: their, there, they're
    6. Jack posted on 05/22/2014 03:38 PM
      @Suz58 The PCs are the clear way forward, but any ballot that isn't Liberal or NDP is still a step in the right direction.
    7. fred jaeger posted on 05/22/2014 06:22 PM
      @James ......and where were YOU when they covered missing pronouns? Kettle...Pot...Black...
  6. Mike from the hinterland posted on 05/22/2014 06:18 AM
    The Republic of Toronto's MAYOR is in the hinterland in REHAB! Lock up your doors, booze cabinets and daughters. Send him back! He needs a passport to enter the hinterland and then we can turn him back.

Now let us speculate why Rob Ford would let someone borrow his Cadillac. He is a nice guy - nope! He sent her on a booze run - that sounds better.

I wonder what the OPP found in the Cadillac? Was there any crack in it? Get this guy out of the hinterland!

Great picture of Lee Ann though, she should be working for the ATF. Booze, Guns, and firearms!

What a joke! The Republic of Toronto is putting up with this!
    1. Mark7 posted on 05/22/2014 06:50 AM
      @Mike from the hinterland Why does that clown she's shooting at look like Rob Ford?
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 05/22/2014 09:02 AM
      @Mike from the hinterland That photo of McRobb could have been taken only in America, both guns she's holding are prohibited in Canada and the only shooting range like the one pictured would have to be in a private gun range...only a couple left in Ontario. The Range Marshal would have banned her for posing with the illegal guns anyway.

Too bad Mayor Ford, my hero, is prohibited from going to America, he's as illegal there as those two guns are here.

FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS
    3. Mark7 posted on 05/22/2014 09:44 AM
      @Karl Burgin Karl, you an idiot? I see only one rifle...how can a rifle be illegal in Canada?
    4. Karl Burgin posted on 05/23/2014 10:43 AM
      @Karl Burgin I'm reporting this post too.
  7. Suz58 posted on 05/22/2014 06:57 AM
    So much for the facility name remaining secret. Good way to ruin business..."Rob Ford, Mayor of Toronto, did his treatment here!"

Hmm, so she left her watch in his room? Do you think he is in a room or one of their executive townhouses or cottage?

Again, I say he is just mocking rehab and I find that very sad.
  8. Etobi-COKE Voter and Driver posted on 05/22/2014 08:09 AM
    McRobb caught driving McBoob Cadillac.

Yep that's some program.

Remedial driving!
  9. Frankie posted on 05/22/2014 08:42 AM
    Looks like he has lots to eat in rehab! He's got taste!
  10. AC posted on 05/22/2014 09:25 AM
    hmm. not bad looking i would.
  11. arthur posted on 05/22/2014 09:29 AM
    this rehab place sounds like fun. chicks /booze/ ak47's/driving wasted around Muskoka...
  12. Angry Bill posted on 05/22/2014 09:33 AM
    When she said to the media, "That's for me to know", I was left shaking my head.. By saying that, you just told everyone that you and Ford were "room mates" in the facility.

Never mind worrying about whether Ford is in actual rehab, or is he just getting the spa treatment somewhere.. He's way past that.. He's getting the happy ending treatment.

Bottom line, if you're expecting a "new, improved Rob Ford" at the end of his "treatment", I think you're going to be disappointed.
  13. Karl Burgin posted on 05/22/2014 09:51 AM
    I hope that everyone has contacted Greenstone on their website (contact us) like I have to tell them what you think and ask them how Rob's car got to cottage country without his brother's knowledge. Was it stolen by the Pinko Star as part of their conspiracy against my beloved mayor? Did the bimbo try to entrap Robby, my love, and get him drunk?

You should ask them at http://greenestone.net/ I'm sure they'll be happy to hear from you, they loved me for just asking if they now have o kick Rob out of their place.

Have fun, I did.
    1. HP posted on 05/22/2014 09:59 AM
      @Karl Burgin Thanks Karl, I just looked at their site and see that they offer in-patient, out-patient, and web based programs. The in-patient calendar shows no free time for trips into town, only out-patients and web-based programs would let Rob Ford drive around town. I'm beginning to think that Rob is actually at the cottage and checks in on-line.

Nice restaurant, though...wonder what kind of spread he likes?
    2. tanjo posted on 05/22/2014 10:07 AM
      @HP From the reports I have heard, I would conclude that he is there, and that he is behaving as a typical addict that knows he has a problem, but is struggling to accept and deal with it.

- this report, which sounds like a beer-run to me
      - the mayor appearing briefly in cottage country
      - another report that facility staff had to go out and "retrieve" him
      - Ford's inteview with Warmington, where he refers to finding stuff out about himself. Completely off his usual message

This will probably take him several tries to succeed, but I hope he does.
    3. Karl Burgin posted on 05/23/2014 10:21 AM
      @tanjo Gotta hand it to you TANJO. You are one of the most level-headed on here in responses. Even though we don't always see eye-to-eye, it's nice to see that you're thinking with your head- and not resorting to copying my ID (or others) to post stupid comments, and/or just dumping on the man.

Well said and well thought out. And I agree with you here.
    4. Karl Burgin posted on 05/23/2014 10:42 AM
      @Karl Burgin I've just reported your fakery donny
    5. Karl Burgin posted on 05/23/2014 10:43 AM
      @HP And you're an idiot for thinking this clown impersonating me is actually me.
    6. Mark7 posted on 05/23/2014 11:49 AM
      @Karl Burgin Still stealing your employer's time and resources by posting from work on company time, eh?

Once a thief, always a thief.
  14. john posted on 05/22/2014 10:37 AM
    i dont know about u guys . but a hot chick with a AR15 is sexy . shoot the gun and bang the chick at the same time . sure gives recoil a whole new meaning .
    1. AC posted on 05/22/2014 10:57 AM
      @john problem is Rob shoots blanks
    2. john posted on 05/22/2014 11:13 AM
      @AC nothing wrong with that who whants to get a chick pregnant anymore theses . with %99 of mirages falling these days . with most women getting pregnant on propose to get a divorce and force us to pay for child support . and give the courts some bullshit about u raping your kids and the CAS comes in and fucks up your family ( the only thing thay are good for is fucking up family s ) the courts are a fucking joke . so firing blanks is a lot better then bring a kid into this world and exposing kids to this bullshit that is going on .
    3. Mark7 posted on 05/22/2014 03:22 PM
      @john Big on-line selling item is a pregnancy test that always shows positive...a lot of guys getting screwed, especially married men who want out of an affair and young men who think they need to get married.

Women don't need guns to bag their man.
    4. Suz58 posted on 05/23/2014 07:29 AM
      @Mark7 You guys are wayyy off topic here!

Guess what? If you are caught having an affair, you deserve what you get! If men had the brains to use the one God gave them to think with instead of what they listen to between their legs, many of the problems in the world would go away!

On another note guys, did you know if you pee on that pregnancy test and it show positive, get out to the Doc and have yourself tested for prostate cancer. I was reading that a guy did it to his girlfriend as a joke, when it showed positive, he was stunned. Turned out that test also tests for a reactive in prostate cancer and it catches it at the early stages.

If we are going to be off topic, you may as well learn something of use!
    5. Karl Burgin posted on 05/23/2014 10:40 AM
      @Suz58 It is kinda funny the way the topic just veered off the cliff. ;p

But it is what happens when you try take an issue like this seriously- and to try read into what's going on. It is what it is- that's all.
      Usually I would be the first to jump all over the media for their idiotic coverage- but not this time really. Given all that has happened, in the grand scheme of things, this story is mildly amusing.
    6. Suz58 posted on 05/23/2014 10:53 AM
      @Karl Burgin I know Karl, haha. I find it humorous until these guys start talking like pigs.

The fact that someone has taken the plates off the vehicle peeks my interest.

To listen to this woman speak, honestly, sounds a little ditzy to put it mildly. You can see that she is just waiting to bubble over and tell all. Just don't understand what makes some people tick.

Oh well, I am sure we will be hearing more from the escapades of Ford, but politically, I really think he is done.
  15. HP posted on 05/23/2014 07:51 AM
    Today's question: Who else was in the car? Who took off the plates before it was towed? Both the OPP and the tow truck driver say that they don't take plates off impounded cars...never. Yet the plates were missing when it arrived in the impound yard.

My contact at the OPP says that Rob and another man were in the car, both impaired but as they were not driving were not involved, but they did take the plates.
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/23/2014 10:42 AM
      @HP Your contact at the OPP- really HP?

Are we so desperate for Ford, that we wish for him to be in the car drunk- even though he wasn't in the car.
      This is the stuff as to how rumors and gossip start.
    2. Suz58 posted on 05/23/2014 11:05 AM
      @Karl Burgin I have to agree with you on some levels here Karl.
      But...
      I don't know if Robbie is rubbing this in people's faces, poking fun at rehab, not to mention the people that go for it and take it seriously.

People really want to know that he is really seeking help. I think this pretty much shows the level of non- existent trust people have for the Fords.
      It also stands to reason that if in fact ford was in that vehicle when she was stopped...someone would have seen it and took pics and videos.
      Again, another bizarre event involving a bizarre character. Thing is...IF Rob is voted in again, when considering his prior behaviours, he will exhibit worse behaviour than he is now. He is a ticking time bomb and the more power he gets, the more he will use it and through Toronto into more turmoil.
    3. HP posted on 05/23/2014 11:45 AM
      @Karl Burgin I've worked with the OPP, Toronto Police, and the SIU at the highest levels for over 20 years. My contact would know what he's saying...
  16. Karl Burgin posted on 05/23/2014 02:48 PM
    FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS!

It's Halloween! Do you do anything special to mark the occasion?