UPDATE: Mayor Ford's Escalade impounded in cottage country

But it wasn't the Mayor who was behind the wheel..

The big black Cadillac Escalade that has often been seen around Toronto, with Mayor Ford behind the wheel, is now sitting in an impound lot in Bracebridge.

The OPP have said the vehicle was stopped outside the Green Stone rehab facility in Bala around 2:45 on Tuesday afternoon. But it was a 36 year old woman, Lee Anne McRobb who was arrested and charged with impaired driving.

Matt Sitler from Moose FM in Bracebridge says he spoke with McRobb when she showed up to collect some things out of Mayor Ford's room.

McRobb has indicated that she'd met Ford while the two were in rehab together, but she went on to say she was no longer in rehab.

When asked how she ended up behind the wheel of Ford's vehicle, she only said 'that's for me to know'.

What we do know is that Ford was not in the vehicle when it was pulled over.

1. tanjo posted on 05/21/2014 07:37 PM
    No. Not gonna read the story!
    (But It's a Rob Ford Story)
    None of my business. It's not even about him!
    (You know you want to)
    No! Stay Strong! Staaaaaay Strooong!
    (It's so tempting!)
    Aw. What the hell.
    ROB FORD ROB FORD ROB FORD! OM NOM NOM NOM!

Oh gawd. I feel so dirty now!
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/22/2014 08:36 AM
      @tanjo lol...funny.

It's ok TANJO. I will give you this one ;p

And the next time, I'll give the devil on your left shoulder a kick in the ass for u
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 05/22/2014 08:41 AM
      @tanjo ...and unfortunately the lady's last name (McRobb) doesn't help. I don't know whether its a cruel sense of poetic irony that's at play here.
      ------------------------------------------------

On another note, while I don't think this isn't anything news-worthy, it is an interesting read nonetheless.
  2. Martha R. posted on 05/21/2014 07:53 PM
    If nothing, that has come before, shows what an idiot Rob Ford is, this is it.

He gave (yes, gave - she hasn't been charged with stealing them) his car keys to a woman he met in rehab (what, 3 weeks ago, tops?). Who then left rehab and got loaded, only to get in the Mayor's car to drive to the rehab facilty to "collect some things out of Mayor Ford's room" - and possibly (who are we kidding - probably) drop off a thing or two (bottle, spliff, rock?)

I am so tired of having a bully, drunk, drug-using moron as the Mayor of the greatest city of the greatest country in the world. He has made our city/country infamous.

Ford Nation - grow a brain.
  3. Alex posted on 05/21/2014 08:57 PM
    Just more shady shady shady behaviour that surrounds the Ford dynasty!
  4. Suz58 posted on 05/21/2014 09:00 PM
    Tango and Martha, the plot just thickens. Wonder who took the plates off the vehicle? Yup, think it is high time for this hypocritical, alcoholic, enabling, bigot, masoginic, crack smoking, lying family to leave politics behind.

Really got me thinking, what kind of rehab is this? She gets out last week, this week she is behind the wheel of Ford's vehicle...impaired. Do you think Robbie is going to be any different? Oh right, he is dealing with his problems, His brother said that he is exercising and has lost weight....really now, do you think that is his only problem Doug? This whole family needs help!

I think they should put them both in the very group home Doug is complaining about, they might learn something on how money cannot buy health and how difficult others have to live with a developmental disability.

Do you think Torontonians are finally seeing the light?
    1. Alex posted on 05/21/2014 09:28 PM
      @Suz58 If you claim to be a member of 'Ford Nation' then I question that persons behaviour and integrity.
  5. tim posted on 05/21/2014 10:41 PM
    Can you in the liberal media finally leave the guy alone and focus on the real issue in the province...and thats how we finally get tim hukack in and really see who has been sucking out the money from all of us and thats the TEACHERS and their golden parachete pensions!! Once Hudak gets in he will finally get our money back from teachers pension plan which is like 150 billion dollars of our money! Why should we keep putting our money into a bunch of spoiled people who get there three months a year off and never answer my calls about my kids and never want to couch them on the weekends?!! I have a job too and why dont they want to take them too? I see them leave work every day and know they have a great pension and hope Tim Hudak will take the money and make it for us all.
    1. Suz58 posted on 05/22/2014 12:32 AM
      @tim The Fords definitely are not the answers to your problems, that is a given! As far as a provincial election goes, I don't consider any one of them worthy of our votes.
      They do not have the people's best interests at heart...they only care about what will benefit them.

To be honest, I really don't want to vote for any of the main three.
    2. James posted on 05/22/2014 01:04 AM
      @tim Tim, given the errors with the spelling and grammar in your comment, it seems quite evident that did not benefit from an Ontario high school education.
  6. Mike from the hinterland posted on 05/22/2014 06:18 AM
    The Republic of Toronto's MAYOR is in the hinterland in REHAB! Lock up your doors, booze cabinets and daughters. Send him back! He needs a passport to enter the hinterland and then we can turn him back.

Now let us speculate why Rob Ford would let someone borrow his Cadillac. He is a nice guy - nope! He sent her on a booze run - that sounds better.

I wonder what the OPP found in the Cadillac? Was there any crack in it? Get this guy out of the hinterland!

Great picture of Lee Ann though, she should be working for the ATF. Booze, Guns, and firearms!

What a joke! The Republic of Toronto is putting up with this!
    1. Mark7 posted on 05/22/2014 06:50 AM
      @Mike from the hinterland Why does that clown she's shooting at look like Rob Ford?
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 05/22/2014 09:02 AM
      @Mike from the hinterland That photo of McRobb could have been taken only in America, both guns she's holding are prohibited in Canada and the only shooting range like the one pictured would have to be in a private gun range...only a couple left in Ontario. The Range Marshal would have banned her for posing with the illegal guns anyway.

Too bad Mayor Ford, my hero, is prohibited from going to America, he's as illegal there as those two guns are here.

FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS
  7. Suz58 posted on 05/22/2014 06:57 AM
    So much for the facility name remaining secret. Good way to ruin business..."Rob Ford, Mayor of Toronto, did his treatment here!"

Hmm, so she left her watch in his room? Do you think he is in a room or one of their executive townhouses or cottage?

Again, I say he is just mocking rehab and I find that very sad.
  8. Etobi-COKE Voter and Driver posted on 05/22/2014 08:09 AM
    McRobb caught driving McBoob Cadillac.

Yep that's some program.

Remedial driving!
  9. Frankie posted on 05/22/2014 08:42 AM
    Looks like he has lots to eat in rehab! He's got taste!
  10. AC posted on 05/22/2014 09:25 AM
    hmm. not bad looking i would.
  11. arthur posted on 05/22/2014 09:29 AM
    this rehab place sounds like fun. chicks /booze/ ak47's/driving wasted around Muskoka...
  12. Angry Bill posted on 05/22/2014 09:33 AM
    When she said to the media, "That's for me to know", I was left shaking my head.. By saying that, you just told everyone that you and Ford were "room mates" in the facility.

Never mind worrying about whether Ford is in actual rehab, or is he just getting the spa treatment somewhere.. He's way past that.. He's getting the happy ending treatment.

Bottom line, if you're expecting a "new, improved Rob Ford" at the end of his "treatment", I think you're going to be disappointed.
  13. Karl Burgin posted on 05/22/2014 09:51 AM
    I hope that everyone has contacted Greenstone on their website (contact us) like I have to tell them what you think and ask them how Rob's car got to cottage country without his brother's knowledge. Was it stolen by the Pinko Star as part of their conspiracy against my beloved mayor? Did the bimbo try to entrap Robby, my love, and get him drunk?

You should ask them at http://greenestone.net/ I'm sure they'll be happy to hear from you, they loved me for just asking if they now have o kick Rob out of their place.

Have fun, I did.
    1. HP posted on 05/22/2014 09:59 AM
      @Karl Burgin Thanks Karl, I just looked at their site and see that they offer in-patient, out-patient, and web based programs. The in-patient calendar shows no free time for trips into town, only out-patients and web-based programs would let Rob Ford drive around town. I'm beginning to think that Rob is actually at the cottage and checks in on-line.

Nice restaurant, though...wonder what kind of spread he likes?
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 05/23/2014 10:42 AM
      @Karl Burgin I've just reported your fakery donny
  14. john posted on 05/22/2014 10:37 AM
    i dont know about u guys . but a hot chick with a AR15 is sexy . shoot the gun and bang the chick at the same time . sure gives recoil a whole new meaning .
    1. AC posted on 05/22/2014 10:57 AM
      @john problem is Rob shoots blanks
  15. HP posted on 05/23/2014 07:51 AM
    Today's question: Who else was in the car? Who took off the plates before it was towed? Both the OPP and the tow truck driver say that they don't take plates off impounded cars...never. Yet the plates were missing when it arrived in the impound yard.

My contact at the OPP says that Rob and another man were in the car, both impaired but as they were not driving were not involved, but they did take the plates.
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 05/23/2014 10:42 AM
      @HP Your contact at the OPP- really HP?

Are we so desperate for Ford, that we wish for him to be in the car drunk- even though he wasn't in the car.
      This is the stuff as to how rumors and gossip start.
  16. Karl Burgin posted on 05/23/2014 02:48 PM
    FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS! FORD MORE YEARS!

The union representing TTC drivers, thinks the driver who ran a red light, should be allowed to work a desk job. Would you put her back to work?