Liberals claim math in PC jobs plan off by 96%

Finance Minister says plan would add 35,000 jobs, not a million

Liberal Finance Minister Charles Sousa is accusing the Progressive Conservatives of grossly inflating the number of jobs their so-called "million jobs plan" would create.

Sousa says Tory leader Tim Hudak's much-touted jobs pledge would
add only 35,000 jobs over eight years.

He says the 500,000 or so jobs the economy is expected to create anyway over that period wouldn't happen because Hudak's planned spending cuts would trigger a recession "at worst."

The Liberals say the Tories would be off their million jobs mark by 96 per cent.

Sousa says the PCs have made a colossal mathematical mistake by counting a single new job as eight positions over the eight years of their plan.

Liberal officials say that once you account for certain other factors, which they didn't explicitly quantify in their analysis of the Tory pledge, there would be a recession and zero natural job growth under a PC government.

RELATD: PCs promise 10% cut in income taxes once books balance

1. greg posted on 05/24/2014 02:04 PM
    Charles Sousa,
    Doesn't have a clue what he is talking about! However Hudak's numbers are obviously on the high side! If they are even half,they're far better than the crooked Liberals status quo!!
    Sousa is a joke!! Just looked at guys last budget!!!
    1. Serio Negocio posted on 06/01/2014 01:50 AM
      @greg Bullshaet. The only way they would get anywhere near 500,000 is from all the people they fired getting news jobs and summer.
  2. Sally posted on 05/24/2014 06:46 PM
    Hey Charlie, Liberal math isn't so hot either. You know, gas plant cancellations will only cost $40 million, right? If elected, your boss Kathy's going to increase spending like crazy but you all are going to balance the budget by 2017, right? I'll take Hudak's crazy math and NO jobs any day over Liberal crazy math, arrogance, incompetence, and lies.
    1. tanjo posted on 05/24/2014 09:02 PM
      @Sally So, what you are saying Sally, is the that you don't care that the cornerstone of Hudak's campaign is fabrication and lies as long we punish the Liberals for their fabrications and lies?

Gawd, I love politics!
    2. Sally posted on 05/24/2014 10:47 PM
      @tanjo Well the big difference here, tanjo, is that Hudak MAY be fabricating things and MAY be lying. The Liberals HAVE lied, HAVE been arrogant, and HAVE been incompetent, not to mention there are also some criminal investigations going on into their shenanigans. So yes, time to give the PCs a turn at he helm.
  3. David posted on 05/24/2014 11:44 PM
    Yeah, right. These are same Liberals that said moving the gas plants will cost only a few $ million when moving them actually cost $1 billion.

How can anyone honestly believe their bull shit? They are proven liars.
    1. Serio Negocio posted on 06/01/2014 02:06 AM
      @David I'm not voting on b.s promises. I'm voting on whom I believe is the lesser of evils for this province. After the last federal election I learned that voting for the party I believe in can lead to even more problems. This is why I admire the states sometimes because they only have two evils who will govern. Here I'm tempted to vote NDP because I'm mad at the Liberals, but by doing so I might as well hand my vote to the Cons... So as much as I don't agree with everything the Liberals do I'd rather see them than a Con majority. Unless the NDP and Liberals form a coalition I'm going to have to vote with whomever I feel has the best chance at beating the Cons,but sadly not whom I actually believe in. Is this democracy? Do I feel represented by my vote? No, but this is the best I can do with my vote.

In light of the attacks that happened in Ottawa, do you feel safe in your city?