NEWS
 
Man dies of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning
EMS called out to building at Eglinton and McCowan in Scarborough Wednesday
0 0

A man has died after inhaling carbon monoxide at a highrise near McCowan and Eglinton.

No word yet on the age or name of the victim.

Toronto EMS say they were called to the highrise in Scarborough on 15 Torrance Rd. around 2:30 Wednesday afternoon.

Four people, all male workers, were treated and taken to hospital.

One was without vital signs and later died of his injuries.

The other three suffered minor inhalation injuries.

Six floors were evacuated as Toronto Fire crews aired out the building.  Some tenants took shelter in TTc buses.

It's believed that the workers were using a gas-powered pressure-washer in the basement when they were overcome by the gas.

Levels of carbon monoxide were very high in the garage when help arrived.

Categories:

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Log in and be the first to comment!

@NEWSTALK1010

Facebook

DON'T MISS

SICKKIDS

2 DAYS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Tune in to NEWSTALK 1010 on May 30th and 31st from noon to 6pm and you can make a difference. Click here to see how you can help

IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE

MISSED THE SHOW? DON'T MISS THIS!

Aaron Waxman & Associates present the 4th annual IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE -- if you missed the show, DON'T WORRY. You can check out video and pics RIGHT HERE

NEWS ALERTS

STAY CONNECTED

Sign up for out Breaking News Alerts and receive up-to-the-minute coverage of the top stories of the day

 
0 0

A man has died after inhaling carbon monoxide at a highrise near McCowan and Eglinton.

No word yet on the age or name of the victim.

Toronto EMS say they were called to the highrise in Scarborough on 15 Torrance Rd. around 2:30 Wednesday afternoon.

Four people, all male workers, were treated and taken to hospital.

One was without vital signs and later died of his injuries.

The other three suffered minor inhalation injuries.

Six floors were evacuated as Toronto Fire crews aired out the building.  Some tenants took shelter in TTc buses.

It's believed that the workers were using a gas-powered pressure-washer in the basement when they were overcome by the gas.

Levels of carbon monoxide were very high in the garage when help arrived.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Log in and be the first to comment!

Top stories

NXNE officials say they hope to have Bronson perform at a different, ticketed venue

Poll

Will you miss seeing Captain John's on Toronto's waterfront?

Voting is restricted to one vote every 24 hours 24 hour(s) VoteResults