NEWS
 
Charges laid against man suspected of killing Mounties in Moncton
3 counts of first degree murder laid against Justin Bourque
0 0

 A man suspected of fatally shooting three New Brunswick Mounties and wounding two others in Moncton appeared today in provincial court.

Justin Bourque is facing three charges of first-degree murder and two charges of attempted murder.

Bourque was arrested early today inside a police perimeter in the city after one of the worst mass shootings in the RCMP's history.

 He appeared in court, packed with about 70 people, under heavy guard.

A tactical officer with an automatic rifle stood at the back of the courtroom.

The RCMP say the 24-year-old Moncton man was unarmed at the time of his arrest and taken into custody without incident.

A nerve-racking manhunt came to an end at around 12:10 a.m., ending a harrowing search that lasted nearly 30 hours.

A large swath of northwestern Moncton had been locked down after the officers were shot Wednesday evening, with residents asked to remain inside their homes with their doors locked.

Supt. Marlene Snowman says while Bourque was unarmed when he was arrested, police found weapons near the wooded residential area where he was taken into custody.

Categories:

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Log in and be the first to comment!

DON'T MISS

BACK TO SCHOOL

BACK TO SCHOOL

NEWSTALK 1010 & Aaron Waxman and Associates teamed up to hand out 1,000 free backpacks with school supplies from Staples! WATCH the exciting event here

NEWS ALERTS

STAY CONNECTED

Sign up for out Breaking News Alerts and receive up-to-the-minute coverage of the top stories of the day

 
0 0

 A man suspected of fatally shooting three New Brunswick Mounties and wounding two others in Moncton appeared today in provincial court.

Justin Bourque is facing three charges of first-degree murder and two charges of attempted murder.

Bourque was arrested early today inside a police perimeter in the city after one of the worst mass shootings in the RCMP's history.

 He appeared in court, packed with about 70 people, under heavy guard.

A tactical officer with an automatic rifle stood at the back of the courtroom.

The RCMP say the 24-year-old Moncton man was unarmed at the time of his arrest and taken into custody without incident.

A nerve-racking manhunt came to an end at around 12:10 a.m., ending a harrowing search that lasted nearly 30 hours.

A large swath of northwestern Moncton had been locked down after the officers were shot Wednesday evening, with residents asked to remain inside their homes with their doors locked.

Supt. Marlene Snowman says while Bourque was unarmed when he was arrested, police found weapons near the wooded residential area where he was taken into custody.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Log in and be the first to comment!

Top stories