LISTEN: Mayor Ford "resolved" to stay in race

He gave a statement on his return to city hall today

Outside the mayor's office Monday, June 30

Speaking at his office after two months in rehad, Mayor Rob Ford says he is "resolved" to the stay in the mayoral race.

In a speech that lasted about 15 minutes, Ford emotionally apologized for his "poor judgment" and said he takes full responsibility for his actions.

"I am ashamed, embarassed, and humiliated," he said of his "mistakes," his actions while under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

Ford says this will be a long road to recovery.

"I will keep battling this disease for the rest of my life."

The mayor says he will continue to seek help for his substance abuse problems.

"And with your support, I'm also resolved to continue to work harder than ever for the taxpayers of this great city."

He has spent the last two months at a rehab facility in the Muskoka area. While there, it looks likes mayor Ford lost some weight.

Newstalk 1010 psychology expert Dr Oren Amitay says the mayor's stay at the treatment centre is just the first step in his recovery and it is unclear at this time whether two months was enough for him.

"It really depends on what he did in rehab, how much work he really put into it," Dr Amitay says. "[You] have to be in that state of mind to say, 'I'm truly ready to change.' "

Dr Amitay says the mayor's success out of rehab also depends on what kind of support he has once he is back at work.

"Will he have the wherewithal to make sure that he gets rid of the kinds of people who were harming him before or who were allowing him to harm himself? Or is he going to fall back on old patterns? That's really the question."

Ford has also sent out invitations for city councillors to meet with him in is office after his statement.

Many councillors say they won't be there, among them John Parker who was on Newstalk 1010's Moore in the Morning saying there isn't much point "being the backdrop for what is probably another Rob Ford publicity stunt."

LISTEN TO MAYOR FORD'S STATEMENT:

Here is mayor Ford's full statement:

I stand before you today having completed two months of intensive rehab therapy at GreenStone residential addiction facility.

For a long time I resisted the idea of getting help.

Like a lot of people dealing with substance abuse, I was in complete denial.

I had convinced myself that I did not have a problem.

But it soon became obvious that my alcohol and drug use was having a serious impact on my family, on my health, and on my job as Mayor.

After experiencing some of the darkest moments in my life, I decided that enough was enough.

I had become my own worst enemy.

I knew it was time to take action. It was time to get help.

This is a decision that will change my life forever.

At GreenStone, I worked with a professional team of dedicated doctors, nurses, counsellors and trainers.

I underwent hundreds of hours of intensive therapy.

I now know that the staff at GreenStone saved my life.

They forced me to confront my personal demons.

I learned about things like triggers and what happens when you have cravings.

I learned that my addiction is really a disease, a chronic medical condition that will require treatment for the rest of my life.

And I also learned that I’m not alone.

That this disease touches many lives.

It affects people from all walks of life. And we all know someone who has suffered from this terrible disease.

At GreenStone, I met others, who like me, have struggled with the impacts of their substance abuse.

Listening to their stories gave me strength and helped me deal with my own mistakes.

Thanks to my treatment, I can proudly say today that I have begun the process of taking back control of my life.

But it is a long road to recovery.

And no matter what I do, I will never be able to change the mistakes I have made.

When I look back on some of the things I have said, some of the things I did under the influence, I’m ashamed, embarrassed and humiliated.

I was wrong, and I have no one to blame but myself.

I want to apologize, not just to the people of Toronto but to everyone who was hurt by my words and my actions.

It was never my intention to embarrass the city or offend my fellow members of council.

I deeply regret some of the personal choices I have made.

I now realize that I was blind to the dangers of some of the company I kept. And those associations have ended.

My commitment to living clean is now unwavering.

To the people of this great city, I want to offer a public apology.

I used poor judgment, and I take full responsibility for my actions.

At GreenStone I accepted that in my position, I am held to a higher standard.

To my family and to all those who stood by me during these extremely difficult times…thank you for giving me another chance.

To my fellow councillors, and especially to Karen Stintz, for my hurtful and degrading remarks, I offer a deep felt apology for my behaviour.

But I am not asking you for forgiveness.

I accept full responsibility for what I have done.

Thankfully, we live in a civilized society.

A society that realizes that people make mistakes.

That some people need help, and those who seek out that help can be given another chance.

Substance abuse is a very difficult thing to overcome, but I will keep battling this disease for the rest of my life.

I will continue to receive ongoing professional treatment for my substance abuse problem.

I am determined to make myself the best person I can be, for my family and for the people of Toronto.

And with your support, I am also resolved to continue to work harder than ever for the taxpayers of this great City.

While I know it’s just the beginning of my personal journey, my resolve as your Mayor has not changed.

We’ve accomplished a lot together.

When I was first elected in 2010, I promised to stop the gravy train.

And that’s exactly what I have done.

We’ve moved away from the tax and spend ways of the past and changed the culture at City Hall.

We have reduced the size and cost of government.

And we have saved the taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars.

The days of transit strikes and garbage strikes are now over.

We’ve made the TTC an essential service.

And we have contracted out garbage collection, saving you 80 million dollars, while improving service delivery.

I am keeping the City of Toronto accountable to you, the taxpayer.

They said I couldn’t work with the unions…

Well, I proved them wrong by achieving historic labour deals.

Deals that are fair to the taxpayer and to our frontline workers.

And most importantly, we have brought all three levels of government together to build new subways to Scarborough.

We have come a long way, and despite my personal struggles, I am extremely proud of my public record.

Toronto’s economy is booming, we are creating jobs, and building our City.

We have a beautiful, clean safe city that is one of the greatest places in the world to live and do business.

But there’s still much more to accomplish.

I plan to continue fighting for the taxpayers of Toronto.

But over the coming months my top priority will be rebuilding trust with the public and my fellow members of Council.

Again, I want to thank the amazing staff at GreenStone for giving me the power to change my life.

And I want to thank the people of Toronto for their understanding and continued support during this very difficult time.

I look forward to serving you for many years to come.

1. Rob Ford's smart brother, Doug posted on 06/29/2014 12:53 PM
    I am the brains in this operation.

Rob is a dumb fat a$$ but I am the brains.

Look out Christine Elliott ... I am going to be the PC leader because I am the brains.
    1. Sonny posted on 06/30/2014 09:36 AM
      @Rob Ford's smart brother, Doug Looks like Rob is staging another publicity stunt and Doug would definitely lose as a mayoral candidate which explains this afternoon's circus...
    2. john posted on 06/30/2014 10:31 AM
      @Rob Ford's smart brother, Doug donny p with brains !!!!!!!!!!!!! holly shit i never know he had brains . hard to tell is it ?
    3. Karl Burgin posted on 06/30/2014 10:39 AM
      @john His definition of "brains" might be different from a normal person's...
    4. Sonny's proctologist posted on 06/30/2014 10:32 PM
      @Karl Burgin Don't worry, Sonny loses them each day. That's why when they grow they don't fully develop
  2. Mark7 posted on 06/29/2014 02:23 PM
    Finally we get back our mayor. Time for him to fix all the crap that the lefties have done while he was away.

Do not reply asking me what the "crap" is. If you don't know you are very misinformed.
    1. Are the posted on 06/29/2014 02:48 PM
      @Mark7 Are the toilets not working again at city hall?
    2. Axxia posted on 06/30/2014 08:38 AM
      @Mark7 The fact that you believe that Rob Ford can effect any positive change at city council is an obvious sign that YOU are very misinformed.
    3. Karl Burgin posted on 06/30/2014 08:54 AM
      @Mark7 Amen to that MARK7. Amen to that...
    4. Mark7 posted on 06/30/2014 12:34 PM
      @Karl Burgin Aye Karl. I gave up replying to those fools who hate Ford at all costs. Hypocrites irritate me. :)
    5. john posted on 06/30/2014 03:13 PM
      @Mark7 cause u are giving it to them . irritation is what thay get off on .
  3. Ladies and gentlemen. posted on 06/29/2014 04:34 PM
    Ladies and gentlemen. Rob Ford has been spotted in a telephone booth changing into his new size 42 waist blue satin Super Citizen costume. Ready to fight crime and drugs in Toronto till every one of those scumbags are off the street! Stay tuned for more exciting adventures of Fordman and boy Doug.
    1. Rob Ford's brother, Doug (I Am the Brains) Ford posted on 06/29/2014 06:02 PM
      @Ladies and gentlemen. Just a small correction ... the size 42 is actually his hat size.

Believe it or not, he is even more arrogant than before and his head has swelled with the pride of putting another one over on the citizens of Toronto.

Remember, Christine Elliott, I am the brains and I will be the leader of the PC's.
  4. Rob's brother Doug said posted on 06/30/2014 05:35 AM
    Rob's brother Doug said Rob will be speaking today but will not be fielding questions.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

Same old lack of openness as before.
    1. In fact he posted on 06/30/2014 06:15 AM
      @Rob's brother Doug said In fact he is even worse than before. From the Star headline:

"Mayor Rob Ford's first official address after his return from rehab is invitation-only and excludes some members of the press gallery"
    2. tanjo posted on 06/30/2014 03:14 PM
      @In fact he I actually don't have a problem with that. Of course everything has to come out eventually, but first day back from rehab, let's give the guy a little slack. Not too much, but a little.
  5. And the games pick up where they left off. posted on 06/30/2014 06:38 AM
    And the games pick up where they left off.
    Rob hand picks his reporters and no one can ask any questions.
    Why not just send out a pre-recorded message?

(If you're one of the reporters chosen, it probably means you aren't doing your job).
  6. Mike from the hinterland posted on 06/30/2014 07:13 AM
    Let the crazy season begin! This is going to be good! I cannot wait for the campaign to start! I believe Rob Ford could win the election if the vote is split significantly! I would love it! I would love seeing the establishment heads explode! These establishment a holes have run the economy into the ground. Please vote him in as it will stick in their craw. This is better than watching the comedy channel! What we do without the circus!

Anyone want to bet on when the next drunken stupor or drug video surfaces? CFRB Newstalk 1010 should hold a Rob Ford pool and give a prize. I would be willing to enter!

Oh by the way Karl, FORD MORE YEARS needs a better slogan! Oh by the way Toronto don't vote for Adam Vaughan today, they have not removed the pickle from his ass!
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 06/30/2014 08:58 AM
      @Mike from the hinterland lol....

BTW...watch out for the troll who likes to pretend to be everyone but himself.
    2. john posted on 06/30/2014 10:32 AM
      @Karl Burgin to late mate see above .
    3. tanjo posted on 06/30/2014 01:20 PM
      @Mike from the hinterland The FORD MORE YEARS guy isn't the real Karl. You can always tell Karl's posts because they (a) have a fair amount of thought put behind them; (b) tend to have either an anti-media or anti-liberal spin to them; (c) use, on average, three times as many words as are strictly necessary

Oh, and the name on his post is always red.
    4. Karl Burgin posted on 06/30/2014 01:45 PM
      @tanjo lol....oh you know me so well ;p
  7. tanjo posted on 06/30/2014 07:56 AM
    Let's see what he says. Is he going to "make amends" for the 2 1/2 years that he has had his eyes off the road? Or he going use that same "it's in the past" line, as if good health can be bought with a couple months in Muskoka.

The fact that he is not taking questions would seem to indicate the same old, same old.
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 06/30/2014 09:05 AM
      @tanjo The fact that he wouldn't take bull-crap people from the same old-same old (cough**Toronto Star**) because he wants to avoid the pitfalls that probably drove him to the brink of self-destruction to begin with. And I think CP24/Katie Simpson would be in that very same boat.

As much as the Star/and company would like you to believe that they are rooting for Ford to get better, they would more than love to see him implode again- and they would love to assist in any way they can. Dumb questions, hounding him to no end- yes the same old same old.

Until they the Star dig themselves out of the gutter, and monumentally prove themselves otherwise, the mayor has every right to not talk to them, or take their predictably inflammatory, yet idiotic redundant questions.
    2. Fact Provider posted on 06/30/2014 09:47 AM
      @Karl Burgin You have reached a new low in credibility (as hard as that is for you, Karl)

The fact that Rob Ford is a liar, an addict, a wife beater, a drunk, a "potty mouth", a poor administrator, a fight picker on council, a companion of drug dealers and an accused influence peddler is all the fault of the media according to you.

Karl, you've already tried that with saying the crack videos were merely products of that same media ... and... of course, you were wrong.

Your delusion seemingly knows no bounds.

Get a life ... get a real job ... get a grip ... and, most importantly - get some professional help.

You are a very sick person.
    3. Karl Burgin posted on 06/30/2014 10:02 AM
      @Fact Provider You know how I can tell Rob Ford is a threat FACT PROVIDER- by how hard you're trying to put the man down.
      If anything, you should be taking TANJO's approach- let's see what changes his absence has brought about- and then judge him from here on out.

My response was to TANJO's comment specifically, as to why he's being selective in the media he chooses to surround himself with. The constant "maggotry", the swarming, the badgering- whether you like it or not FACT PROVIDER, unfortunately for Ford, they are all potential triggers.
      Mark Towhey(?) himself said that when he worked with Ford, and the first year and a bit as mayor, Rob Ford was fully in the game; his head was on straight, and he was focused.

As for my life- I love it. Also love my real job, where I earn real money- with bonuses. And I'm very well, thank you very much.
      But unfortunately, you are the one in need of professional help. Because it is the only delusional peoples like yourself, who like sticking your heads in the sand, and think of it as normal behavior.
      Any news report on Rob Ford, take it with a grain of salt. And make sure you read different spectrum (left, center and right) of the same story, before coming to any conclusions. It will help keep the BS to a minimum.
    4. tanjo posted on 06/30/2014 01:37 PM
      @Karl Burgin If having to deal with the media will drive him back to drinking, then he is not yet ready to resume his duties as mayor.

Media will ask questions. That is their job. He must answer those questions. That is part of his job.
    5. Karl Burgin posted on 06/30/2014 01:50 PM
      @tanjo There is a difference between asking questions, asking stupid redundant questions, and then the swarming/shouting/screaming.

If the questions are pertinent, and have a point, that should be sufficient. If they are reduced to the same garbage I've been seeing- not ok. Unless that's the new norm- of which I would then like to see that sort of journalism applied to all politicians, and not just Rob Ford.
    6. Mark posted on 06/30/2014 04:38 PM
      @Karl Burgin Your funny! .......but in a bad way O.O
  8. Karl Burgin posted on 06/30/2014 08:20 AM
    FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS

yes, I'm posting on company time again...but all us brown people steal because we're entitled
    1. john posted on 06/30/2014 10:38 AM
      @Karl Burgin donny p if u are going to impersonate Karl Burgin so yourself a favor and try to be better at then u are . u cant even impersonate yourself let alone someone else . it is like listing to someone who u know is full of shit ( like u ) and u know full well they are full of it .
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 06/30/2014 10:55 AM
      @john funny, John.....bug-a-boo here also thinks I'm brown. Not I have a problem with them.
      But I don't know whether if I should find it hilarious, or be insulted.
    3. Mark7 posted on 06/30/2014 12:38 PM
      @john DON"T FEED THE TROLL. I refuse to give this twit the time of day and stopped replying to him many months ago. He is desperate for attention. Don't give it to him.
    4. john posted on 06/30/2014 01:58 PM
      @Karl Burgin i think he thinks that cause of the pic u have on your aviator
    5. Karl Burgin posted on 06/30/2014 02:07 PM
      @john If I was representing brown, I would have put an avatar of Apu- not Carl.
      But then again, trolls usually ain't that bright.
  9. Angry Bill posted on 06/30/2014 10:14 AM
    Hi folks.

As you know, I'm on record as being a John Tory supporter. However, I'd also chuckle myself silly if Ford did get re-elected, just to see the looks on some of your faces that voted fiberal this past election.
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 06/30/2014 10:38 AM
      @Angry Bill Either or, I'm in support of.
      Anyone but Chow.
  10. Suz58 posted on 06/30/2014 10:38 AM
    Haha, here we go again! Let the games begin! It is obvious nothing has changed concerning Rob Ford other than his size. Remember, you really have to listen to what he doesn't say...no mention of beating his alcohol and drug addiction, which if he was really battling those issues, would have somehow included his lying addiction. The only issue he claims (they) he has conquered is losing some weight. The only issue his family has ever really admitted to.
    If the people of Toronto fall for more lies from this Family, I see real troubles on the horizon. Now that Rob is back to work, maybe he can answer some of the conflicts that were brought out into the open while he was vacationing and losing weight. I would really love to know the truth as to how much time he really spent in rehab. I guess that really doesn't matter in Rob's case because to be successful in rehab it takes one being honest with themselves. I am sure he will behave until he think he has the title of mayor in the bag. Too bad he missed the pride parade again! He doesn't feel comfortable? How many things do each of us have to face every day that we don't feel comfortable with? This guy is a coward, his arrogance just proves that he puts himself above everyone in Toronto.

Ya know, we listen to enough lies and crap on here from the Fords. If people cannot post on here without using someone else's name to hide behind, you are no better than Rob Ford. I have seen some very valid points made by people that hide behind using another person's name but disregard it because if you can't put your name on your comment, it loses validity. Surely to God we have more respect for others and just because we are writing about an arrogant pig, does not mean we have to behave like him.
    Can't we have a little respect for each other?
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 06/30/2014 10:52 AM
      @Suz58 1.> Kudos on thhe campaign to have people post comments using their own IDs- good stuff. It ruins the experience for everyone, when people exhibit troll like anti-social behavior. A lot of good people have already unfortunately left here because of it.
      2.> Just my opinion here. But I don't its really fair to dump on Ford because he didn't attend the parade. There are so many scenarios, in where it would be a no-win for him in any case.
      But the crux of the matter is that if he doesn't believe in it, it's his right not to go. And yes, you can be the mayor of a city, and not go to the pride parade. One question SUZ58- he wasn't invited to the Easter parade. Is he even less of a mayor in that regard as well?
      3.> Before we judge him, and label Rob Ford the anti-christ, let's see what's he accomplished, and how he copes when he re-inserts himself again. He at least deserves that much.
      But again, if the media is focused on drudging up the past, getting him embroiled in answering questions on his personal issues that have no bearing in how the city is run, it will no doubt return Toronto to the same soul-sucking vortex media storm.
      So while part of the responsibility is on Ford to keep his nose clean, and not fall of the wagon- it is also the responsibility of the media to keep a respectable distance.
    2. Rob Ford's New Belt posted on 06/30/2014 02:58 PM
      @Karl Burgin Rehab, at first blush, seems to have done him some good ?!?.

Beyond the fact that he's down to 2 chins from his former 3, it remains to be seen if his brain has improved. I can tell you that it is nice to be down to a 48 belt, though.

I sincerely doubt much of substance has changed and his "non-news conference" with a few carefully chosen cheer leading media reps will likely bolster my belief.

NO MORE FORD YEARS !! NO MORE FORD YEARS !! NO MORE FORD YEARS !! NO MORE FORD YEARS !! NO MORE FORD YEARS !! NO MORE FORD YEARS !!
    3. Mark7 posted on 06/30/2014 04:20 PM
      @Karl Burgin Karl...NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK! Your comments are juvenile, stupid, unresearched...pure fantasy. You are the most hated person on this board, stop posting from work and leave before the grown-ups that post here start puking all over your really weird comments.

You're sick...but the really stupid thing is that you don't live or vote in Toronto...quit jerking off...Rob Ford isn't a centrefold in your fantasy world.
    4. Suz58 posted on 06/30/2014 06:49 PM
      @Karl Burgin Yes Karl, it does ruin the experience for everyone. If people cannot sign in and use their proper login, they are no better than the worst politician.

Really, I am not the type of person to judge someone or not give them a fair chance. Do I really trust that Rob deserves or has earned another four years to mess things up more in TO? He knew then as he knows now that they could not touch him. Really, he has had no consequences for any of his actions. I do think that if the people of TO vote him in again, they will be sorry.
      I do believe trust is earned and the fords have been given too many chances to deserve another kick at the cat...so to speak.
    5. Mark7 posted on 07/02/2014 12:17 AM
      @Mark7 Hello demented one. Although EVERYONE knows your many split personalities, I have decided to burst your bubble. I shall be relogging in for all future posts by myself.

Have a nice day, sicko.
  11. john posted on 06/30/2014 10:47 AM
    LOL it is funny listing to the candidates say about ford the fact is thay are afraid of Rob Ford . thay know he will kick there ass in the polls and thay are scared . as YODA for star wars used to say . u will be afraid u will be !!!!!
    1. AC posted on 06/30/2014 11:52 AM
      @john the fcuk up couldn't beat his own meat that's how inept he is.
      the city has moved on, he's just embarrassing himself by returning.
      he'll wind up in the single digits if he stays in
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 06/30/2014 12:49 PM
      @AC Calm down AC.

The more angrier the are, the more sillier you sound.
    3. john posted on 06/30/2014 02:08 PM
      @AC don't u know AC when u get married u never have sex again . thats why people get married .
  12. AC posted on 06/30/2014 11:48 AM
    ignore the dipsht!
    all he wants is attention. the media should just not show up
    1. Mark7 posted on 06/30/2014 12:41 PM
      @AC Stand in front of a mirror and repeat your foolish statement. Then your statement would be correct.
    2. AC posted on 06/30/2014 02:33 PM
      @Mark7 you thought of this reply on your own or did you have help dipsht?
    3. Mark7 posted on 07/02/2014 12:20 AM
      @AC Truth hurts eh? :) Stop throwing your temper tantrum with words directed at me, son. It shall get you nowhere but to make me chuckle.
  13. V Gray posted on 06/30/2014 01:45 PM
    The photo that accompanies this story is blinding. " FORD IS OVER. IF YOU WANT IT."

It’s delightful that people are so passionate about dethroning Rob Ford that they have to usurp one of the most important anti-war phrases of the 21st Century. The late John Lennon might beg to differ. But then, he can't. He's dead.

The circus is never ending for those who have nothing better to do with their lives.
  14. dama posted on 06/30/2014 02:17 PM
    I reserved my judgement on Rob Ford if the 2 months rehad is going to change him.

I gave him credit on his decision to seek help and I will judge him based on what he will do going forward..

All the bad stuffs he did were done and we knew all about it.. it is the going forward things, like if he is going to still associate with his drug buddies and if he is still going to drink and get drunk,, and if he is still going to insult women..

Welcome back Rob Ford and I sincerely hope that the 2 months of rehab did you good and I hope you had take this time to refllect on your mistakes and I hope you have change and I will judge you in a couple of weeks or months..
    1. Mike posted on 06/30/2014 03:16 PM
      @dama Rob thanks you and everyone for the kind words of encouragement! He's glad to be back home feeling better. glad to see his family wife and children.
      BUT!! EFF THAT! rehab is OOOOOVER Lets get stinking wasted and stoned effing crazy, call up some bitches have them come over to city hall pronto and service me. HEE HAW..RIDE IT BITCH
    2. Mark7 posted on 07/01/2014 02:07 PM
      @Mike You use words like that to a lady?! You have no shame do you? Yet this is what you say about Rob Ford.

WE HAVE ANOTHER LEFTIE HYPOCRITE, FOLKS! Lefties are always showing their true colours.
  15. don was right posted on 06/30/2014 02:36 PM
    Welcome back Rob. Ignore the cybetbillies at the Star. Call the cyber cops on them. And put an end to million dollar fake umbrellas and $500,000 rocks. Expose the over spenders at teh Pan Am games. Expose john Tory's transit idea of the day. Expose that Chinese Communist party meber Chow for her Marxist Lennist views. Ford More Years.
    1. arthur posted on 06/30/2014 03:08 PM
      @don was right haha
      would it not make as much sense to just ignore the slimmed down phycho from Muskoka?
    2. Angry Bill posted on 06/30/2014 03:11 PM
      @don was right John Tory's already exposed his transit idea of the day. It's a pretty good idea, too. What's your beef with it? It doesn't cost as much as your lefty heroes' plan does, and is more effective a lot sooner?
    3. tanjo posted on 06/30/2014 04:26 PM
      @don was right My understanding is that Waterfront Toronto was responsible for the rocks and umbrellas and City Council was trying to bring them to account over it.
  16. Rob Ford's Belt posted on 06/30/2014 02:50 PM
    Rehab, at first blush, seems to have done him some good ?!?.

NO MORE FORD YEARS !! NO MORE FORD YEARS !! NO MORE FORD YEARS !!
  17. tanjo posted on 06/30/2014 03:55 PM
    Saw nothing new. So far, it is the same thing we have heard over and over again.
  18. Claire posted on 06/30/2014 04:22 PM
    Ford is a fool. He will be back on drugs and booze before long. He would have a better chance of overcoming his addiction if he resigns his position and concentrates on his life.
  19. No apology to the two Toronto Star reporters posted on 06/30/2014 05:12 PM
    No apology to the two Toronto Star reporters who Rob Ford defamed knowingly.
    Instead we get this:

"To the media, I want to thank you for giving me and the residents at GreenStone the privacy we needed.
    But I am not asking you [the media] for forgiveness.

Empty words that just lead to another Rob Ford info commercial.
    1. don was right posted on 06/30/2014 09:36 PM
      @No apology to the two Toronto Star reporters robin and that other twit shoudl both be charged with cyber bullying - posting mean stuff on that rag star.com website. Isnt that what teh reteah parsons case was all abot? Why are these two still free?
    2. frank posted on 07/01/2014 05:03 AM
      @No apology to the two Toronto Star reporters Why let them off the hook for major human rights abuses?
  20. Did your mom posted on 07/01/2014 05:18 AM
    Did your mom blame your teacher for your low marks too?

"robin and that other twit shoudl both be charged with cyber bullying....."
    Thanks but no thanks for you plea to go soft on criminals.
  21. Check out posted on 07/01/2014 05:24 AM
    Check out the Toronto Star's:

75 questions Rob Ford hasn’t answered
    The mayor of Toronto left the city without addressing dozens of questions journalists have tried to get him to answer over the past year.
    1. Mark7 posted on 07/01/2014 02:03 PM
      @Check out You actually read the Tabloid Star? hahaha FOOL!
    2. Check out posted on 07/02/2014 06:10 AM
      @Mark7 Unlike you, my uneducated irritant, I, at least CAN read.
    3. Karl Burgin posted on 07/02/2014 10:01 AM
      @Check out Then read the writing on the wall:
      Ford More Years!

I've got a feeling that this last provincial election with Wynne bribing (er I mean winning) a majority has not sat well with a lot of people- with the knee jerk reaction of voting Ford back in

Will preventing parking on King Street downtown for longer (from 7-10 am and 3-7 pm) get traffic and streetcars moving?