LISTEN: Ford battles mayoral hopefuls during first post-rehab debate

Debate will take place Tuesday evening in Scarborough.

Mayor Rob Ford will face off against his fellow mayoral hopefuls on Tuesday night as he takes part in his first debate since he left the GreeneStone rehab facility in Muskoka in late June.

All five of the major candidates have confirmed their attendance at the Global Kingdom Ministries near Markham and Ellesmere Road.

Olivia Chow, John Tory, Karen Stintz and David Socknacki will join Rob Ford in the debate that will run from 7p.m. to 9p.m.

The event is being hosted by the Canadian Tamil Congress.

“The Scarborough-based Canadian Tamil Congress believes the mayoral race is important” read the news release.  It continues “the group invites anyone interested to participate in order to make an informed decision on October 27th”.

The debate will be moderated by journalist Chris Selley.

1. Rob Ford's Brother Doug posted on 07/15/2014 08:47 AM
    This will be blood sport at its best.

Rob is pumped to repeat the 2 things I had him memorize while he away at the cottage for 60 days. The memorizing was almost as hard as the cottage rehab - but my little brother, Robbie, was up for it, in between visits to the Escalade for "snacks".

As the manager, I can say, without question: "The debate will be a bloodbath!"
    I know these things because I am the brains and Rob is the fat A$$.

Look out, Christine Elliott. I am the brains and I will be the leader of the PC's.
  2. Peter posted on 07/15/2014 09:20 AM
    We should feel comfortable that the Tamils will keep any hecklers subdued.
    That will let Mayor Ford shine.

For Mayor Ford, It shoudn't be much of a battle.

John Tory is probably shaking in his boots, having to go face to face with mayor Ford.

1. Rob Ford's Brother Doug posted on 07/15/2014 09:53 AM
      @Peter You are completely right in your analysis, Peter.
      I am so pleased that you can see the benefit I recognized with having Robbie say only 2 things over and over again at the debate.

He will shine because he memorized both slogans after only 57 days of his 60 day cottage rehab and he has been practising daily ever since then.

You are the proof, Peter - in all your political depth of thought you are a solid Robbie fan. It is because of smart people like you that Robbie's numbers have suffered only a little (from 47% in 2010 to 18 % now).

Because I am the brains my plan for the debate will work.
      I am the brains - you are the proof.

Look out, Christine Elliott. I am the brains and I will be leader of the PC's.
  3. Art posted on 07/15/2014 10:13 AM
    I've saved a billion dollars give or take, outsourced crap, increased the production of plastic bags for our landfills and tree tops. my administration is the most transparent of all time and i'm the best mayor this city has ever had all the while being shtfaced and stoned. good night! thank you very much Scarborough
    1. Rob Ford's Brother Doug posted on 07/15/2014 10:24 AM
      @Art Let me put your mind at ease, Art.

Robbie and I (the brains of the campaign) promise that Robbie will not be sh*tfaced again until after October 27th (fingers crossed).

This will happen for sure because I am the brains and Rob is the fat A$$.

Look out, Christine Elliott. I am the brains and I will be leader of the PC's.
    2. Peter posted on 07/15/2014 10:34 AM
      @Art .
      Thank you for your comment Art.

I'm Olivia Chow, and I've spent a billion dollars, give or take a few, and my administration is the most secret and private of all time. And I'm the worst mayor this city has ever had, all the while being perfectly sober and alert. Thank you everybody for electing me Mayor.

4. Shirtless Jogger posted on 07/15/2014 10:32 AM
    Let’s hope Ford answers questions this time, instead of hiding behind his sobriety coach and “the best criminal defense lawyer in Canada,”
    1. Sonny posted on 07/15/2014 12:54 PM
      @Shirtless Jogger Ford answers questions off the top of his head which impresses right wing pundits it doesn't matter that most of his answers are lies...
  5. We are all adults posted on 07/15/2014 10:34 AM
    I love the mature, reasonable discussions we have on this board regarding the mayoral elections. I wouldn't trade the logical comparisons of each candidate's platform and policies for anything.

I mean, it's not like every article about the mayoral race (or really, anything even remotely related to Toronto) immediately devolves into sarcasm, half-baked impersonations of public figures, name-calling, and borderline slander.
    1. Rob Ford's Brother Doug posted on 07/15/2014 10:46 AM
      @We are all adults Thank you for pointing out the meaningless comments of people like Peter above. This city has way too many childish folks who say true stuff about my little brother, Robbie and me.

There should be more astute voters like you. That way we can make Robbie's numbers climb to the 19% he deserves. That will give him 3rd place and he can remain as the almost-mayor.

I am the campaign manager with the brains and Rob remains the fat A$$.

Look out, Christine Elliott. I am the brains and I will be leader of the PC's.
    2. dama posted on 07/15/2014 02:39 PM
      @We are all adults so Where is the Ignore button..

I would like to put Rob Ford's brother in my ignore list..
  6. john posted on 07/15/2014 11:15 AM
    so chow whants to ban hand guns . good ideal but there is the problum .

the mayor of Chicago argued with the senator about gun control the mayor tried to tell him that crime will go up if thay ban guns . the senator would not listen so he showed him he was right . he asked the city to put there guns away for 1 month . crime want up %400 . as soon as the gun ban was lifted it went down to % 2 . in 2 weeks . now i love target shooting . i do it every year in las vegus shooting range with a friend of mine . and i am also a gamer i play games like call of duty WM3 , GTA IV , etc . but like the cops form the old days . using a gun to me in real life is the last resort next to punching them out . i know a lot of cops form the old days that have NEVER used there guns for the whole time thay were police .
    1. Mark7 posted on 07/15/2014 11:25 AM
      @john Where do you live? Handguns are effectively banned in Canada, those that are able to get permits must keep them locked and secure. Carry permits are limited to very few...mostly law enforcement and security guards. It's almost impossible to legally buy a handgun in Canada.

So why is Chow making an issue out of a non-issue? All of the shootings are done by illegal handguns, either smuggled up from America or stolen from legal gun owners. It's hard enough to buy a long gun in Canada, very few people take the time to get their PAL, and without the permit, long guns can't be inherited, so eventually all guns will be confiscated in Canada. Not a problem, but illegal guns will always be on the streets, and Chow can't stop that.
    2. john's mommy / sister posted on 07/15/2014 11:55 AM
      @john Who knew that breeding with your uncle / daddy would result in something as embarrassing as you and your garbled use of English ?
  7. Frankie posted on 07/15/2014 12:36 PM
    Christie Blatchford said it best "...Chow's idea is moronic..."
    1. Frankie posted on 07/15/2014 12:37 PM
      @Frankie Forgot the reference to Chow calling for a ban on handguns
    2. Dean posted on 07/15/2014 04:21 PM
      @Frankie I'm sure that as soon as we make handguns a little bit more illegal than they already are, all the criminals who already have guns will immediately turn them over to the police.

Between now and October 27, I fully expect Chow to pledge to outlaw sadness as well. It's about as realistic and useful as any of the other nonsense that falls out of her mouth.
  8. My question for Rob posted on 07/15/2014 05:09 PM
    My question for Rob Ford is when will you become a man and stand on your own two feet? Your brother Doug Ford has been acting like your mother, holding your hand and taking you to and from school.

Seriously Rob. Grow up and start being a man. Stand on your own two feet like other people.
    1. David posted on 07/15/2014 07:35 PM
      @My question for Rob "Stand on your own two feet like other people" Says the anonymous poster LOL :)
  9. John Tory is posted on 07/15/2014 07:59 PM
    John Tory is kicking Rob Fords butt in the debate!
    Rob is just saying the same old same old.

The union representing TTC drivers, thinks the driver who ran a red light, should be allowed to work a desk job. Would you put her back to work?