Rob Ford guarantees he will stay sober

But wouldn't answer when asked he he last used drugs or alcohol

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is declaring himself ``sober as a judge'' and ``healthy as a horse.''

For the first time since Ford completed two months in rehab, he took questions about his substance abuse from journalists at large.

He previously said in a handful of interviews that he couldn't guarantee he won't relapse, only that he's taking his recovery one day at a time.

But he was more declarative Thursday when asked when the last time was that he drank or did drugs.

``A lot of people really wish that I'm going to fail, that I'm going to drink and that I'm going to do drugs,'' Ford said. ``Unfortunately, that wish will not come true. That wish, guaranteed, will not come true because I'm as sober as a judge and I'm moving forward, running this city and saving taxpayers money.''

Ford said he knows people are watching his every move, and that they should continue doing so because his ``biggest move'' will be on Oct. 27, when he believes he will be re-elected as mayor.

A sobriety coach who had been trailing the mayor for about two weeks has moved on to helping other people, Ford said, suggesting he will fare well on his own.

``I can assure you: Rob Ford is not going to fail,'' he said. ``Rob Ford is not going to touch alcohol. I have had my past. I am moving forward in a positive direction.''

Ford was relatively subdued Thursday, but said he feels ``healthy as a horse.''

``The only people that get me upset sometimes are the people I'm looking at and some of the councillors,'' he told the crowd of journalists.

Before Ford entered rehab he had made previous assurances he was done with alcohol, telling CBC on Nov. 18, 2013, that he had a ``come to Jesus'' moment.

Two months later he admitted he had been drinking after a video emerged on YouTube of him in a rambling, profane rant using Jamaican patois. Ford called it a ``minor setback.''

1. Suz58 posted on 07/17/2014 06:17 PM
    I think I believed him more when he said, I cannot promise, rather than... Rob Ford will not touch alcohol. I find with Ford, you have to also pay attention to what he does not say.

Why doesn't he just, get it and resign?
    1. dama posted on 07/17/2014 07:16 PM
      @Suz58 No matter what RF does, you will never be satisfied...
      and also he got it for he will never resign , why didnt you get that ?

use your one vote to vote for JT or Olivia Chow..

EOM
    2. Suz58 posted on 07/17/2014 08:29 PM
      @dama I learned long time ago not to believe in people that don't earn the respect of others time and time again.

No, I will never be satisfied in anything RF says. He has no platform for running again, the only thing he talks about is what he's done in the past. Well we all know what he has and has not done in the past. The only thing that matters to RF and his family is the family business.

Pretty much everything I have predicted with this guy has come true. And in his own words...I can guarantee you, and the people of Toronto, there is much to come in the next couple of months leading to the election. Sure, he could get in again, but if he does, I can guarantee a wild ride for Torontonians.

Frankly Dama, he has done NOTHING to be satisfied about. Again, a spoiled little rich kid, never did an honest days work and when the heat get too hot, he cannot handle it. Sure, you can believe everything he says he has done, BUT, if you were to sit down and go over it, you would find out the numbers don't add up.

Time to retire Robby Ford and take your crooked brother with you. You need time to take care of your baby toe.
  2. When Rob Ford posted on 07/17/2014 07:25 PM
    When Rob Ford guarantees he will stay sober, you can guarantee the opposite.
    Rob Ford has a lengthy track record for fibbing and he sounds like his old self again.
  3. JohnD posted on 07/18/2014 06:48 AM
    We all know the history of his broken promises. But consider this. He admits that during his term of office he was, at times stoned or drunk. I assume this includes some of the time he was at council arguing and voting on issues (I am sure we saw at least one example of that). Yet he claims the city was well run because of his tenure. I say it was inspite of his tenure and the kudos go to council not him.

He has his personal issues, yes but he has disgraced this office and the city. He has shown no leadership except how to deceive and lie and time for him to be ditched a terrible mayor.
  4. Karl Burgin posted on 07/18/2014 07:36 AM
    FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS
  5. Mark posted on 07/18/2014 08:05 AM
    Seriously, Ford should not promise he will not have a drink or get drunk. He should just get lost and drop out of the race. I supported Ford when he was running against condescending liberal Smitherjerk but Ford has no hope of accomplishing anything because no one will work with him.

Tory should win this race. Not because he is any great leader but because he is much better than Ford and the commie.

Now that Labour Day has come and gone the spotlight on the mayoral election gets brighter leading up to October 27th. Of the leading candidates who would you support if the election were held today?