"More votes from black community than President Obama"

Doug Ford responds to claims black community won't vote for mayor in October

He's running to become the next councillor for Etobicoke North, and says that many in the city's black community will vote against Rob Ford in this October's municpal election.

Andray Domise, who wrote an open letter calling for the black community to vote against Rob Ford, was on the Live Drive Monday afternoon. He laid out his argument, saying the mayor called himself racist, and says Ford opposes many community programs designed to help those that he wishes to represent.

During the interview, the man running the mayors re-election campaign and councillor Doug Ford called into the show to offer his opinion. "I understand you just had a call saying the black community will not be supporting Rob Ford. That is the furthest from the truth, he's going to have more votes in (sic) the black community than President Obama did."

Councillor Ford offered no evidence for his claim only saying that no one has helped the black community more than his brother has.

1. he's going to posted on 07/21/2014 09:26 PM
    ".....he's going to have more votes in (sic) the black community than President Obama did." ~ Courtesy of the always arrogant, always full of bull, Doug Ford.

What an insult to the black community, suggesting Rob Ford has more support than the first American black president.

It is so much the moment to show these clowns [Rob and Doug] some humility.
  2. AJ posted on 07/21/2014 11:08 PM
    Doug, Doug, oh Doug.

"....he's going to have more votes in (sic) the black community than President Obama did."

Doug, do you even know the population of Toronto? Do you know that even if everyone in Toronto vote for your racist, gangster, homophobic brother, he still can't get more votes than Obama.

Doug, you are an idiot and your mouth is your number one enemy.
  3. *** BREAKING NEWS *** posted on 07/22/2014 04:58 AM
    DOUG FORD HINTS AT CANDIDACY FOR CONSERVATIVE LEADERSHIP

Doug Ford may have let it slip on Monday afternoon that he might be throwing his hat into the PC leadership ring soon on the NEWSTALK 1010 Live Drive.

During the program he called in to challenge a member of the black community regarding a statement made that most blacks won't be supporting Rob Ford for mayor - and, by extension, Doug as the campaign manager.

Doug further explained that Rob will get more black votes than Obama did when he ran successfully for the presidency.

This may be the strategy for Doug's run at the PC leadership. He is counting on all the non-white old guys to be found in the hierarchy of the PC Party.

Stay tuned.
  4. What next? posted on 07/22/2014 06:58 AM
    What next? Is Doug Ford going to claim that his brother is the next Martin Luther King?
  5. MrMarbles posted on 07/22/2014 09:31 AM
    Doug Ford...the King of Hyperbole.
  6. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 09:40 AM
    Actually Doug Ford is right, that Rob Ford does have black support.
    Why? Because the comments he made were during drunken moments. You cannot take comments like those out of context, and expect it to be part of his actual beliefs.

The only painful aspect of Ford's comment was when he was trying to talk patwah (I know how its properly spelled in the dictionary)- both amusing and cringe-worthy. But beyond that, being a West Indian, I wasn't offended- far from it.

I challenge people to listen to the talk shows @ G 98.7 FM on Saturday/Sunday between 7-9 am, when sometimes the topic is about Mayor Rob Ford. The overwhelming majority already support Rob Ford despite all that's happened- because the listeners recognize that the media is trying to bring him down.
    1. A Realistic Viewpoint posted on 07/22/2014 10:16 AM
      @Karl Burgin As far as: "Actually Doug Ford is right, that Rob Ford does have black support." is concerned:

Your statement would be accurate if, and only if, the black drug dealers, pimps and thugs came out en masse to support the drug-crazed, lying fat boy.

However, we know they don't vote because the police watch the polls on election day.

Karl, call me at 1-800-DELUDED and I'll arrange to get you some help.
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 10:22 AM
      @A Realistic Viewpoint The fact that you pretty much limited black people to drug dealers, pimps and thugs, IS more offensive than anything coming out of Rob Ford's mouth.
      I won't be calling you anytime soon, but I will try get hold of the number so you can get some sensitivity training.
    3. A Realistic Viewpoint posted on 07/22/2014 10:40 AM
      @Karl Burgin You really should have mastered that English as a second language course you took.

No one "pretty much limited black people to drug dealers, pimps and thugs.

I limited the TYPES of black people who would likely vote for Ford to those described because, after all, his behaviour and friendliness with these types makes it self evident.

I did, however, leave out one group of likely Ford supporters - the terminally stupid.

Nice try ... but I'll stil;l take your call at 1-800- DELUDED, Karl.
    4. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 10:46 AM
      @A Realistic Viewpoint Ah....so now were resorting to grammar Nazi tactics. Since you can't even counter properly.
      And did you come up with "1-800-Deluded" all by your little self. Good for you- you are so clever...it boggles the mind that you still post from your mom's basement and your apparent talents can't get you a proper job anywhere.
    5. GitaP posted on 07/22/2014 10:54 AM
      @Karl Burgin Oh Karl, I hope your statement about drunken moments means that you have never had to live with an alcoholic. Alcohol doesn't give you original thoughts, or give you thoughts that you wouldn't normally hold. It removes your inhibitions so that you'll say whatever it is that you truly believe. I know that nothing I say will change your mind about the Mayor. You have decided he is a champion for the community, but he's not. At best, he sees himself as the saviour of a community that cannot possibly help itself. At worst, and I am fairly sure this is the truth, he is a racist, misogynist bigot, and he holds the African-Canadian, and every other visible minority is disdain.
    6. A Realistic Viewpoint posted on 07/22/2014 10:58 AM
      @Karl Burgin No "resorting to grammar Nazi tactics. Since you can't even counter properly."

Admit it, Karl ... you either read my post incorrectly because of your limited mastery of English ... or ... you deliberately obfuscated - as is your way when you lose the argument (which is the majority of the time).
    7. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 11:11 AM
      @GitaP Yes, drunkenness does remove inhibitions so you can say whatever comes to mind without properly applying a filter.
      But it also allows you to say what others want you to say- for the camera. Don't you find it just a little bit disconcerting that people are around him with the cameras at the ready, with people asking him what he thinks of the Liberals, or Justin Trudeau, or whoever else comes to mind?
      Remember, there already is an active movement by the media (Toronto Star) and disgruntled citizens to take him down- so exposing him in a bad light by any means necessary has to be taken into context here.

I do not think Ford is flawless. He does have his flaws. Bad judgement, and needlessly giving his opponents cannon fodder is among them. Yes, there is drugs, booze, and others, but the root cause IS bad judgement exercised.
      As for the racist bit, I can hardly believe it. Mainly because of the examples you see everyday. He surrounds himself with black people. There's the same black guy I see with him for the past couple of years, always behind him when he is giving his press conferences, and when Ford is in and around city hall.
      There are the Penetecostal churches he visits- two of which I am personally familiar with in Toronto.
      The is the matter with Gene Jones- and Ford was visibly upset when Jones was fired.
      There is his fight for THCH. Whenever there are black people around him, they cheer for him.

I can go on if you want. But there are too many countless examples that speak to the contrary that Ford is a racist. Doug Ford at times does speak out of both sides of his mouth. And sometimes he speaks of his right hand, when the left does something different. But concerning this, Doug Ford is right on the money.
    8. RickC_1236 posted on 07/22/2014 11:16 AM
      @Karl Burgin Now you speak for the Black community? You think you can trick us with your Black profile pic give it a rest ass hat.
    9. tanjo posted on 07/22/2014 11:20 AM
      @Karl Burgin I like "patwah" better. "Patois" makes it look so pretentious.

However, alcohol does tend to lower inhibitions and say things you are thinking without the usual filter that would keep you from saying them.

Now, EVERYONE has prejudices and those prejudices are going to come out once in a while. Nobody is perfect. What makes a true RACIST is when you base your decisions on those prejudices.

So the answer is yes and know. What came out is probably thoughts he has had that were better left unsaid. But No, that does not necessarily make him racist.

That being said, what Ford DOES need to answer to why he consistently voted against motions intended to support these communities, while at the same time showing up at TCHC buildings, passing $20 bills to residents and offering to help them 1-on-1.

To me, he wants to help people one-to-one so that HE gets the recognition. He does not want to be part of council, or even the leader of council, he wants to be THE Hero.

I respect that he wants to help and encourage him to continue. But I still maintain that being mayor is the wrong way to do it.
    10. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 11:26 AM
      @RickC_1236 1.>You don't know me and I don't know you. You could Chinese for all I know. But whatever you say you are, I have to take your word for it. I did not choose a black avatar just for the hell of it
      2.>I do not speak for the black community. I speak for myself. And my observations as being part of that community.

Anything else RICKC, or are you to going to come at me with more rhetoric?
    11. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 11:26 AM
      @A Realistic Viewpoint So says the primary school graduate.....
    12. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 11:30 AM
      @tanjo Also remember, with drunkeness, you are more easily persuaded to do the bidding of others. And I highly suspect that was the case when he was being recorded- with the wrong people around him.

But as I said, its more of a case of bad judgement than anything else.
    13. tanjo posted on 07/22/2014 11:38 AM
      @Karl Burgin That too. To address an earlier comment, he has commented on Justin Trudeau, I think in the "original" crack video .. the one we have not seen or does not exist.

He still needs to address his behaviour on the job: where he is willing to help people one-on-one, but then votes against measures to help them in council.
    14. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 11:54 AM
      @tanjo True, true...
      But the environment has to be right. Answering questions in city council clearly doesn't work. Doing it in a tv/radio interview or answering during press conferences and scrums also isn't optimal.
      A controlled court environment, or something similar would be best. This "answering question or being judged in the court of public opinion" nonsense clearly doesn't work.
    15. Just like the posted on 07/22/2014 12:03 PM
      @Karl Burgin Just like the communists or the fascists or some third world dictator would like to do right Karl?

Goodness knows we don't want democracy right?
    16. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 12:38 PM
      @Just like the I guess you mean the same democracy exercised by City council that granted Toronto two mayors instead of one?
      Or the same democracy that saw Norm Kelly earning his seat as deputy mayor?
      Or the same democracy everybody seems to want to side-step, in their attempt to oust Ford from his chair by any means necessary- although he was voted in by an overwhelming majority?
    17. tanjo posted on 07/22/2014 12:54 PM
      @Karl Burgin I am referring to questions regarding how he chooses to conduct business. The business we pay him for and that he professes to do effectively.

If he needs a controlled court environment to answer THOSE questions, then I don't think the questions really need answering, do you?
    18. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 01:10 PM
      @tanjo That's fine....but I wasn't referring to a court environment in the sense that it is required because he needs to defend himself.
      I was more referring to some sort of mechanism, where there is no heckling involved, or sensationalism/hyperbole (on both sides), or a drowning out/ignoring answers because people aren't accepting of it.

The problem is, there seems to be no avenue where what you are requesting (and rightly so) is sufficient enough. That's why I brought up a court setting, where you have the mayor under oath answering questions. Again, not in the sense of necessarily defending himself. But just to state things as is, with it being on the public record. Just so that the same things aren't brought up, and re-hashed every second day.

For example, the billion dollars saved- that issue is a hot potato. On one hand, everyone says its not true, and Rob Ford is blowing up the numbers. During the interview with Conrad Black, her surmised that the real number is around $650 million. The Toronto Star says that the mayor saved the city nothing, and that it is because of Miller that there's any money at all.
      And yet you have Sue-Ann Levy, who says that the billion dollars saved is the real number. And you have the Toronto CFO claiming the same thing.

Wouldn't it be great if we can get the real facts without the conflict on all sides?
    19. john posted on 07/22/2014 03:23 PM
      @Karl Burgin what u expect . we all know he is a KKK bitch .
    20. john posted on 07/22/2014 03:26 PM
      @A Realistic Viewpoint yea i could not agree more . u are deluded . big time mate .
  7. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 09:43 AM
    For those that don't know, G 98.7 FM is a radio station specifically designed to cater to the black community, and those who come from the Caribbean- and you can hear it no matter what part of Toronto you're in. Just to dispel the argument that the radio station is some small time venture.
    A comparable radio station would be Flow 93.5- just to give you an idea
    1. bluhyacinth posted on 07/22/2014 11:07 AM
      @Karl Burgin @Karl Burgin As a fellow member of the black community, hearing black people like you support a racist and justify his comments truly make me despair. Ford's black supporters remind me of those 100 years ago who defended their plantation owners and were so happy to "work" for them. Yes, Massa, anything you want, Massa. Thanks for paying us some attention. Massa is the saviour for all of us.
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 11:16 AM
      @bluhyacinth You are comparing Ford to plantation owners? Are you freakin' kidding me?
      Sometimes I have to wonder about us sometimes- that we are so easily swayed by what we read and not looked beyond what is being reported, so we can make a decision for ourselves.
      This is a comment I just posted 10 minutes ago. If after you read, that you arrive at your same conclusion, that means you really do prefer sticking your head in the sand.
      ==================================================

3. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 11:22 AM
      @bluhyacinth ...and to add to my post, did you forget how much he was involved with the Don Bosco Eagles? And how hard he took it when he could no longer coach?
      Or the the fact that the Star had printed an article early into his tenure that he abused a football player- only for the football play come out and say the allegations are not true. AND that the Star never retracted the story.

Please, I beg of you. Do not take everything you see reported at face value. Always be on the lookout for bias. Always try and recognize context.
      A quote from the Late Nelson Mandela says it best:
      "Although I read a variety of newspapers from around the country, newspapers are only a poor shadow of reality; their information is important...not because it reveals the truth, but because it discloses the biases and perceptions of both those who produce the paper and those who read it."

We know there is an effort to embarrass Ford and get him out as Mayor with a vengeance. So do remember to keep that in mind when you read reports on the life and times of Rob Ford.
    4. Please, I beg of you posted on 07/22/2014 11:31 AM
      @Karl Burgin "
      Please, I beg of you. Do not take everything you see reported at face value. Always be on the lookout for bias. Always try and recognize context"~Karl Burgin

Except for every other political party eh Karl?
      There is your bias right there. Conservatives = Good
      Everyone else = Bad
    5. tanjo posted on 07/22/2014 12:04 PM
      @Please, I beg of you I don't think Karl ever suggested that he is exempt from this scrutiny.

Karl's biases are consistent and well documented.
    6. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 12:32 PM
      @Please, I beg of you No....Conservatives aren't always right.
      I.E. Harper claiming igornace of the Nigel Wright/Senators Wheel of Disaster debacle....or Hudak throwing Shurman under the bus.....or the federal Conservatives experiencing "foot in mouth" syndrome in respect to prostitution laws....

I just call 'em as I see 'em. Yes I would count myself as Conservative- but no party is perfect, and has room for improvement.
    7. GitaP posted on 07/22/2014 01:27 PM
      @Karl Burgin You clearly believe very strongly in him, so how about I appeal to your sense of reason.

Do you also have no problem with what he said, unprompted by the way, about his wife? Or the fact that he dragged her in front of cameras that same day? Or that he's essentially told us all he will relapse?

Ford was upset about Gene Jones, not because of his race, but because the person he put in dropped the ball just like his predecessors. He then chose to tell the city that this firing would result in violence worse than Danzig street. Do you really believe he doesn't think very differently of black people, and all of those "folks" who live in TCHC, that the only response from them would be violence? Is that respect for a group?

He can visit as many churches as he wants, if he finds some sort of solace there, great. But it is as much playing for a community as you claim those who surreptitiously tricked him into revealing HOW HE TRULY FEELS were.
      This is a man who stands there and now tell people that while they won't be providing alcohol at Ford Fest in a public park, people can drink if they want to. Wrong. Against the law. Or the man who thinks that questioning the existence of Ford Fest in a public park is an attack on his father. Wrong. It is a critique of the locale of what is obviously a political event. Or the man who says that the rock and pink umbrellas at Sugar Beach, however you feel about them, were bought while he was in rehab, when they were ordered years ago, under his tenure as mayor.

When one has allowed one's judgement to be so impaired for so long, and still responds to questions with the same level of belligerence and lack of understanding, one does not get to be mayor or the 4th largest city in North America. I hope.
    8. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 02:01 PM
      @GitaP I was responding to you based on the allegations that he was a racist when he clearly isn't. But if you want to deflect, and resort to other avenues as to Ford being a failure, then fin- I'm game.

1.>About his wife. That entire incident is near indefensible, and I still can't believe at that point in time, his handlers let him go in front the cameras. He was in the middle of a meltdown. Given the media storm, candor was not top of mind. But concerning his "P---y" comment, may I remind you that he was re-telling what was told to him. While it was bad judgement for him to repeat it verbatim, again, there was such a storm back then. With council holding the kangaroo court. The Star buying private videos and releasing it to the world. Marches in front of his office. The sit-ins. The media camping out. I guess if you were under that type of pressure, you would preform admirably
      Remember Ford (according to a media consulting firm) has had more than a billion dollars worth of publicity and exposure up to that point in November. No other politician in this country can claim that

2.>Concerning Gene Jones, you chose to change the argument from being about race so I wouldn't try to defend it from that POV. But then again, a racist wouldn't be visibly upset about the person he personally handpicked from across the border to work at THCH.
      But taken from another point, Jones was hired to clean up the mess, and do it efficiently. The problem is (and its what I've heard the pundits surmise) that there is A LOT of red tape at THCH. That s why it seems as though it takes eons to get anything accomplished there. Gene Jones was going through the red tape, and as a result, stepping on a lot of toes. That is the main reason why he got fired. Not because Jones did anything wrong on his part- but because he was going against the grain.
      There is a culture of security and entitlement at City Hall, and all that it oversees. Rob Ford was voted to fight against that culture at City Hall. And Jones was hired to fight against that Culture at THCH.

3.>If you don't know, here is the difference between a racist and one who is not. And for that example, I bring up Don Sterling.
      Don Sterling is a racist hands down. He's had a history of it. The conversation with his gold-digger (er...I mean girlfriend) is enough to speak for itself. Versus Rob Ford. We can assume there are cameras on Ford 24/7- unfair yes, but a reality nonetheless. In all the coverage, there has never been a sober Rob Ford being racist, or uttering anything racial. Don Sterling may be old, but he was perfectly sober when he was being racist- on all counts.
      With that said, why would a racist surround himself with black people- that seems rather counter-intuitive to me.
      *Churches
      *Football team
      *Youths
      *Even the ones who he was with during the crack video

4.>Ford doesn't have control over who brings booze and who doesn't.
      5.>Concerning the attack of the Ford Fest being an attack- I wouldn't necessarily say its an attack on his father. Its an attack on Rob Ford. Again, when Ford was first running for mayor, I never heard this as being an issue of any sort
      6.>The million dollar rock and umbrella in Sugar Beach, though under his tenure, clearly wasn't the will of Rob Ford. I guess you're going to blame Ford next on the new streetcars coming to town- even though they were purchased under David Miller
      7.>It is funny how one's supposed impaired judgement has out-performed his predecessors in terms of savings and accomplishments. But given that you clearly don't think much of Ford, or read left-wing propaganda disguised as news that outline Ford has done nothing for Toronto- sticking your head in the sand won't change the reality that Rob Ford has done more for Toronto than Miller and Lastman.
  8. Stephen posted on 07/22/2014 10:15 AM
    Oct 27 will be great for a second reason, Doug Ford will and should no longer be worthy of any news reporting. The sooner he leaves the public stage the better our lives will be for it.
  9. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 11:18 AM
    1. john posted on 07/22/2014 03:38 PM
      @Karl Burgin FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS ,
  10. tanjo posted on 07/22/2014 11:31 AM
    Approximate number of votes Obama received from the black community in 2012 = 15 million

Population of entire City of Toronto = 2.5 million

Fordian Math at it's finest.

What was that about "a billion" dollars saved, again?
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 12:33 PM
      @tanjo Maybe its all about relativity ? ;p
    2. tanjo posted on 07/22/2014 01:13 PM
      @Karl Burgin Ah, Karl. You have betrayed their Master Plan! Reducing everything by a factor of 6, the speed of light is reduced to a mere 50000 km/s, a speed easily achievable by a Ford Escalade on a lonely Muskoka highway, assuming both car and driver are well-lubricated. Thus disrupting the space-time continuum, transporting all of us back to 2010 where Rob Ford still has a 40% approval rating.

It all fits, in a way. This is why they are so confident they will win .. because they already have!
    3. Jim posted on 07/22/2014 01:24 PM
      @tanjo The real problem is ignorant pricks like you. I'll bet you've never said anything like "I haven't seen you in a million years." or "That's the most beautiful thing in the world" or other such statements that can not literally be accurate.

This is Doug Ford being Doug Ford and speaking in hyperbole and only ignorant fools or brain dead morons will take it seriously.
    4. tanjo posted on 07/22/2014 01:31 PM
      @Jim Jim, defensive much? Please re-read my posts and get back to me on who is taking this too seriously.

(Hint: pick the person using the offensive language.)
    5. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 01:31 PM
      @tanjo Well, I was more referring to the comparison aspect of it too.

But I guess the example you gave also fits...lol

Ready the photon torpedoes on the starboard side. Raise shields with a fluctuating redundancy pattern. Reduce to Warp 2. Mr. LaForge, brace for impact......God I miss Star Trek TNG
    6. tanjo posted on 07/22/2014 01:34 PM
      @Jim My personal favourite is: "I have told you a MILLION TIMES to STOP EXAGGERATING!"
    7. tanjo posted on 07/22/2014 01:35 PM
      @Karl Burgin Apparently, Jim protests. He is Not a Merry Man! :)
  11. Oh watch out posted on 07/22/2014 11:42 AM
    "More votes from black community than President Obama"
    Doug Ford responds to claims black community won't vote for mayor in October

Oh watch out United States of America. The oh so powerful Ford Nation is going to swallow you up!

Your an idiot Doug Ford.
    1. Al Anderson posted on 07/23/2014 03:28 PM
      @Oh watch out .. and you can't spell properly, so where does that put you in the scheme of things? Who are you going to elect? Olivia who will bankrupt the city by paying union members whatever they ask for... or maybe Tory who will sell anything that big business wants to buy? (Your first born could be next). Ford is, though many times bumbling, a much more straight forward person than any of the other contenders. He makes dumb mistakes like all of us... not calculating schemes like the other two. Wake up and look beyond the what the 'jump on the band wagon but have little perception of the real good' people have to say. Ford is more concerned about this city and the people in it than those who are looking to fill their back pockets with union or big business cash. And as far as being 'racist'... the people using that term need to look up what it actually means before throwing it around... because they don't know what they are talking about.
  12. When are the posted on 07/22/2014 11:55 AM
    When are the dirty politicians Doug Ford and Rob Ford going to publicly apologize to the Toronto Star reporters who they knowingly slandered?

Looks like no real change here from the corrupt liar mayor.
    1. frank posted on 07/22/2014 12:12 PM
      @When are the Are you kidding? The Michaener award should be shut down, now that it's been discredited for rewarding human rights abuses.

We have to cast off all bullies and can do it with the election.
    2. GitaP posted on 07/22/2014 01:16 PM
      @frank Where in @When are the's comment is there any mention of the Michener award? His/her point is that the Fords went on an on about how the reporters at the Star were liars, and then, oh right, he admitted to EVERYTHING they said. He owes them an apology, although from him, it's completely meaningless, so I guess he can just keep it.
  13. We’re more popular posted on 07/22/2014 12:25 PM
    "We’re more popular than Jesus now."~John Lennon about the Beatles.
    ""More votes from black community than President Obama"~Doug Ford about his brother.
    1. Al Anderson posted on 07/23/2014 03:32 PM
      @We’re more popular ... whomever (the clueless one who) posted this needs to research the first quote... lol because in context... he was actually closer to the truth than you might want to admit.
  14. justsaying posted on 07/22/2014 12:43 PM
    Karl you deluded jackass! The Fords and their type of thinking (which aligns with yours as proved by this website) are over.

Move to the states if you wish to pursue Tea Party Ignorance.

The louts are seen by everyone for the liars and entitled brats that they are.

Yet, you'd support them? Like I said, deluded jackass
    1. GitaP posted on 07/22/2014 01:14 PM
      @justsaying Resorting to name-calling won't help. Karl clearly thinks that because Ford surrounds himself with black people, he isn't racist. I would posit, however, that this proves nothing. His attitude of, "I've done more for the black community" blah blah blah, is so patronizing. Even the things he supposedly does are patronizing. That's not respect for a community. Unfortunately, I suppose to those who are feeling disenfranchised, he comes across as the people's champion - hey, he's got demons to deal with just like me! I am what would be classified as a "visible minority", and can see through the rhetoric, but some, who just want someone to take the loudest stance, won't.

I don't know how we combat it, but I just don't think calling someone a deluded jackass is the way.
    2. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 01:16 PM
      @justsaying So well thought out JUSTSAYING.....your hated venom speech has been received.
      Where was this passion when you voted in Wynne?
    3. Karl, should Rob posted on 07/22/2014 01:27 PM
      @Karl Burgin Karl, should Rob and Doug Ford apologize to the two Toronto Star Reporters whom they both knowing slandered about things they knew were true but chose to lie to the people of Toronto instead?
    4. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 01:33 PM
      @Karl, should Rob Should the Star apologize to Ford for running a story of him abusing a football player when it was not true?

Chicken or egg? You decide
    5. So yes you posted on 07/22/2014 02:36 PM
      @Karl Burgin So yes you don't believe n righting wrongs.
      Clearly you are on the side of corruption in politics.
    6. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 04:17 PM
      @So yes you No...
      I don't believe in one man trying to right wrongs- and the opposition not doing the same but still commit more wrongs. And when I say opposition, I mean malicious media, and immature shirtless twits who seem to find the time of day to give the rest of us an eye-sore by showing off their man-boobs.
  15. herman posted on 07/22/2014 01:24 PM
    Go Doug. Rob Ford is the best mayor by far this city has ever seen, and for those who disagree, give your head a shake and go back to bed. At least while your sleeping your mouths are shut and nobody will realize how stupid you really are!
    1. Wake up herman posted on 07/22/2014 01:28 PM
      @herman Wake up herman....you're the one having the bad dream.
    2. herman posted on 07/22/2014 01:45 PM
      @Wake up herman alive and kickin baby....alive and kickin. i guess you prefer a miller type persona hmmm? there's a great leader!! hows your $140 license renewal? oh I forgot, FORD BROUGHT IT BACK DOWN TO $70, but obviously he did that because he doesn't care about the people of Toronto and did it for hos own self benefit.
      now stop what your doing. obviously you're sleep typing and I wouldn't want you to get hurt once your finished and walk back to your sleeping quarters.
      FORD FOR MAYOR!
    3. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 02:04 PM
      @Wake up herman Can we please just use consistent names/id's when posting- instead of these silly 'sentence beginners'....

And if herman is having a bad dream, then Rob Ford winning in October must be your worst nightmare. But you're probably still having bad dreams given that Ford is still popular, and hasn't gone done as you (or the inaccurate polls) wanted to predict.
    4. If Ford is still posted on 07/22/2014 02:26 PM
      @Karl Burgin If Ford is still popular then so is corruption.
    5. herman posted on 07/22/2014 02:42 PM
      @If Ford is still you mean like the liberal provincials?????
    6. tanjo posted on 07/22/2014 02:49 PM
      @herman Yes. All it takes for Ford to get re-elected is for the reasonable alternative (Tory) to ring off a string of stupid policies that don't make sense like Hudak did.

It's EXACTLY like the provincial liberals.
    7. Yes exactly posted on 07/22/2014 02:50 PM
      @herman Yes exactly. And parallel to Mike Duffy and the other Conservatives too.
      You just don't have the courage to call it what it is.

Btw herman, do you think Rob and Doug should apologize to the Toronto Star reporters they both slandered publicly or do you think they should keep hiding like the cowards they are?
    8. Karl Burgin posted on 07/22/2014 04:21 PM
      @Yes exactly Again, should the Star apologize to Ford for its shoddy journalism?
      Or reporting things on Ford that are not true, but failing to retract them?

Whatever is good for the goose, is good fro the gander....
  16. tanjo posted on 07/22/2014 02:02 PM
    Perhaps we are all misreading this. If we move the (sic) and take things literally, then perhaps Rob Ford does have more votes in the black community.

Obama has exactly one (1) vote in the black community. His own.

Now, just suppose that the person we know as Rob Ford is actually a transport vehicle for several (2 or 3) people who happen to be members of the black community. It would certainly mean that he does have more votes "in" the black community than Obama, and would also explain his fluency in patwah.

Now excuse me while I adjust my tinfoil hat. Twitter is abuzz with alien activity.
  17. justsaying posted on 07/22/2014 02:49 PM
    Does Rob Ford really resonate with the Black Community?

Anyone who thinks he does because "they can relate to having issues" is by proxy saying all black people are substance abusers.

That is racist, much like the other blanketed statements this campaign seems to think it can make without regard for common decency.

News Flash: Those in the black community who do cheer on Rob like the gangsters, crack dealers, crack heads and the like.....DO NOT VOTE. Members of the black community are just as offended by our Crack Head Mayor as any other segment of our city is. Doug - keep up the good work. You reinforce why we do not want your kind of thinking at city hall.
    1. tanjo posted on 07/22/2014 02:57 PM
      @justsaying A policy that passes 42-2 in council DOES NOT resonate with voters, no matter how much it benefits a community.

Rob Ford visiting TCHC buildings, listening to tenants and promising to help, while his brother passes their kids' $20 bills DOES resonate with voters.

Welcome to Populist Politics 101.
    2. justsaying posted on 07/23/2014 02:12 PM
      @tanjo Buying votes is the only way they get traction, eh? Dumb. If he cared one ounce about Toronto community housing, he would have done a better job than he has... @#negligence
  18. Ford More Corruption posted on 07/22/2014 03:49 PM
    Ford More Corruption, Ford More Corruption, Ford More Corruption, Ford More Corruption

What do you think of City Hall's plan to narrow traffic lanes on Toronto's streets and roads?