Ford Fest A Go

City OK's annual barbecue in Scaroborough

Friday's Ford Fest at Thompson Memorial Park in Scarborough will be going ahead as scheduled.

City staff granted the Ford's a permit for the event over contention from John Tory and Olivia Chow.

The annual free barbecue has been held over the past 19 years, the last few in public parks.

Ford says it used to be held in the Ford family backyard, but its popularity has meant increased crowds and a need to host it in a bigger venue.

The concern from his mayoral rivals was that he would use the party as a campaign event, but the Ford's have defended the party as their annual barbecue.

1. Ford Fest? posted on 07/23/2014 05:43 AM
    Ford Fest?
    It's all about promoting the Ford clown.
    How arrogant.
    Could you imagine something like Harper Fest?
    Just shows how juvenile the Ford group of politicians are and self absorbed.
    1. Angry Bill posted on 07/23/2014 10:28 AM
      @Ford Fest? No one's forcing you to go.
  2. dama posted on 07/23/2014 06:51 AM
    Most enjoy a summerfest party and Ford Fest has gown so much that his mother's backyard is not able to hold, so I dont see any problem having it in a park,, just like any company's summer party..

So relax.. Ford haters.. nice summer day.. and go for a free hotdog and soda..and get a Ford Nation Tee....
    1. dama posted on 07/23/2014 06:52 AM
      @dama gown = *grown
  3. Krl Burgin posted on 07/23/2014 07:07 AM
    FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS FORD MORE YEARS

OK, I live in Brampton and can't vote for him, but who cares...I just love the fat guy.
    1. Karl Burgin posted on 07/23/2014 07:10 AM
      @Krl Burgin Oops, my name is Karl...my company needs to buy me a new keyboard so I can keep on posting when I should be working.
  4. Suz58 posted on 07/23/2014 07:08 AM

OK, I live in Flesherton and can't vote for him, but who cares...I just love the fat guy.

When you ride the subway, to leave a station do you take the elevator, the escalator or the stairs?