NEWS

TRAFFIC ALERT: NB Hwy 400 reopens in Barrie
Fatal collision closed lanes for three hours
3 0

All north and southbound lanes of Highway 400 in Barrie are now open after a three-vehicle collision left one dead.

Provincial Police Sgt. Kerry Schmidt says one of the vehicles involved in Friday afternoon's accident was a motorcycle.

All northbound lanes and some southbound ones were closed at Dunlop Street around 5 p.m. but opened about three hours later.

The closures came as many headed up to cottage country for the weekend.

Categories:

1. Rachel posted on 07/25/2014 06:43 PM
    Please stop calling it a "Nightmare" drive into cottage country......someone DIED!! People need to learn to be patient! Yes, I want to get north too, but it's something I have no control over and it is definitely not a "nightmare" as I will be able to make it home to my loved ones, unlike the poor person who was killed!!!
    1. Angry Jill posted on 07/25/2014 06:48 PM
      @Rachel Buckle up bitch.
    2. Rachel posted on 07/25/2014 07:04 PM
      @Angry Jill Angry Jill? You poor soul.
      I have to laugh at the jerks that were ticketed for driving down the shoulder blocking any emergency personnel from getting to the scene. I hope they are fined and get demerit points.

DON'T MISS

BACK TO SCHOOL

BACK TO SCHOOL

NEWSTALK 1010 & Aaron Waxman and Associates teamed up to hand out 1,000 free backpacks with school supplies from Staples! WATCH the exciting event here

NEWS ALERTS

STAY CONNECTED

Sign up for out Breaking News Alerts and receive up-to-the-minute coverage of the top stories of the day

3 0

The closures came as many headed up to cottage country for the weekend.

1. Rachel posted on 07/25/2014 06:43 PM
    1. Angry Jill posted on 07/25/2014 06:48 PM
      @Rachel Buckle up bitch.
    2. Rachel posted on 07/25/2014 07:04 PM
      @Angry Jill Angry Jill? You poor soul.