NEWS
 
UPDATE: Arrest made in Jane & Wilson arson case
Police say two cars were set on fire overnight on people's driveways.
0 0

Toronto police say they have made an arrest in the Jane and Wilson arson case. 

Two cars were set on fire overnight on people's driveways.

Firefighters were first called to Richard Clark Drive early Sunday morning.

As they were putting out a blaze on that street, they became aware that another car was on fire on Calais Ave around the corner, and they ran over with a hose.

Police say they have taken a 30-year-old man into custody who lives in a building in the area. 

He is also considered a "person of interest" in an arson case from earlier this month. Several cars were set on fire in the same neighbourhood two weeks ago. 

Charges have not yet been laid but police say they expect that to happen soon. 

The fire marshal's office has been called in to investigate the fires. 

Mario is one of the homeowner's where a car was torched. The vehicle belonged to his son's friend and is beyond saving.

"Nobody hides their cars, we just keep them in the driveway... you don't expect something like this to happen," he said.

Neighbours in the area tell Newstalk 1010 that a nearby park has been attracting a "bad crowd." One woman said she's been in touch with the mayor's office in an attempt to get lights installed and for the trees to be pruned. 

Categories:

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Log in and be the first to comment!

@NEWSTALK1010

Facebook

DON'T MISS

IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE

MISSED THE SHOW? DON'T MISS THIS!

Aaron Waxman & Associates present the 4th annual IN-DEPTH AND INTERACTIVE -- if you missed the show, DON'T WORRY. You can check out video and pics RIGHT HERE

NEWS ALERTS

STAY CONNECTED

Sign up for out Breaking News Alerts and receive up-to-the-minute coverage of the top stories of the day

 
0 0

Toronto police say they have made an arrest in the Jane and Wilson arson case. 

Two cars were set on fire overnight on people's driveways.

Firefighters were first called to Richard Clark Drive early Sunday morning.

As they were putting out a blaze on that street, they became aware that another car was on fire on Calais Ave around the corner, and they ran over with a hose.

Police say they have taken a 30-year-old man into custody who lives in a building in the area. 

He is also considered a "person of interest" in an arson case from earlier this month. Several cars were set on fire in the same neighbourhood two weeks ago. 

Charges have not yet been laid but police say they expect that to happen soon. 

The fire marshal's office has been called in to investigate the fires. 

Mario is one of the homeowner's where a car was torched. The vehicle belonged to his son's friend and is beyond saving.

"Nobody hides their cars, we just keep them in the driveway... you don't expect something like this to happen," he said.

Neighbours in the area tell Newstalk 1010 that a nearby park has been attracting a "bad crowd." One woman said she's been in touch with the mayor's office in an attempt to get lights installed and for the trees to be pruned. 

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Log in and be the first to comment!

Top stories

Mayor John Tory made the announcement on Sunday.

Poll

Doctors say only 26 of the 500 people who offered their liver to Sens owner Eugene Melnyk would donate to someone else. What do you think about that?

Voting is restricted to one vote every 24 hours 24 hour(s) VoteResults