NEWS
 
Dog turns on stove, sparks house fire
Animal rescued while owners were away
0 0

Police say a New Jersey family's dog turned on the stove, which caught the laptop resting on the burner on fire and sent smoke through the roof.

The fire was reported early Friday evening in Lacey Township while the owners were away.

Police tell the Asbury Park Press  that investigators believe the dog accidentally turned on the stove, though they didn't specify how that occurred.

Police say heat from the stove eventually burned a laptop computer that had been left on top of the appliance. Smoke was pouring from the roof when firefighters arrived, but the blaze was quickly extinguished.

Firefighters rescued the dog, which emerged unscathed.

Categories:

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Log in and be the first to comment!

DON'T MISS

BACK TO SCHOOL

BACK TO SCHOOL

NEWSTALK 1010 & Aaron Waxman and Associates teamed up to hand out 1,000 free backpacks with school supplies from Staples! WATCH the exciting event here

NEWS ALERTS

STAY CONNECTED

Sign up for out Breaking News Alerts and receive up-to-the-minute coverage of the top stories of the day

 
0 0

Police say a New Jersey family's dog turned on the stove, which caught the laptop resting on the burner on fire and sent smoke through the roof.

The fire was reported early Friday evening in Lacey Township while the owners were away.

Police tell the Asbury Park Press  that investigators believe the dog accidentally turned on the stove, though they didn't specify how that occurred.

Police say heat from the stove eventually burned a laptop computer that had been left on top of the appliance. Smoke was pouring from the roof when firefighters arrived, but the blaze was quickly extinguished.

Firefighters rescued the dog, which emerged unscathed.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Log in and be the first to comment!

Top stories

Texting behind the wheel could cost you $1,000