Red Carpet Challege
1) The “Red Carpet Challenge” contest (hereinafter: the “Contest”) is brought to you by Astral Media Radio (hereinafter: the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest runs in Ontario from February 14th at 9:00am Eastern Time to February 24th at 11:59pm Eastern Time (hereinafter: the “Contest Period”).
3) This Contest is open to all persons residing in Ontario who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence as of the first day of the Contest Period. Notwithstanding the preceding, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizers, including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies ,their advertising and promotional agencies, Second City, suppliers of prizes, materials and services related to this contest or any other party directly linked to the holding of this Contest (the “Excluded Individuals”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “immediate family” includes: father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, legal or common-law spouse and individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives reside.
4) HOW TO ENTER
5) No purchase necessary. To enter, you must comply with the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules, during the Contest Period, during broadcast on Newstalk 1010 (hereinafter: the “Station”) from February 14th to February 24th , from 9:00am to 11:59pm Eastern Time (hereinafter: the “Show”). Go to Newstalk 1010 at www.newstalk1010.com (hereinafter: the “Website”) Complete the electronic entry form (hereinafter: the “Entry Form”) by filling out all mandatory fields, including: your last name, first name, age, complete address and postal code, phone number and area code, email address. Follow the instructions to confirm your eligibility and confirm that you have read and agreed to comply with the Contest Rules. Then click on submit icon to send your Entry Form no later than 11:59pm on February 24th Eastern Time.Upon receipt of a confirmation message, you will then automatically be entered in the Contest.
6) Entrants must comply with the following conditions, otherwise the Contest Organizers reserve the right to cancel one or more of their entries and/or disqualify the entrant from participating in the Contest:
a. There is a limit of one entry per person per email address,phone number AND per household during the Contest period
b. The use of only one email address per person is allowed, if a person has more than one
7) PRIZE[S] DESCRIPTION
Grand prize :Six (6) VIP Tickets to Opening Night (Tuesday March 5, 2013) of The Second City's new production, The Meme-ing Of Life and Dinner for six (6) before the show at Bunoa Notte Restaurant
8) All expenses other than those specifically mentioned above as included shall be assumed by the winner
9) On February 25th there will be a random draw to pick 1 winner in the Toronto office of the Contest organizers, a random draw of one grand prize winner.
10) A contestant will not be eligible to win more than one prize during a period of thirty (30) days in any contest held on radio by Astral Radio and any contest held on the website of Virgin Radio, boom 97.3 and Newstalk 1010. Any potential winner selected in this Contest who does not comply with this condition will automatically be disqualified and another draw will take place to designate a winner. An ID will be required when claiming the prize.
11) HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
In order to be declared a winner, each selected potential winner must be in compliance with these Contest Rules and in particular, the following:
• The Contest Organizers must be able to reach the potential winner by phone within (3) days of the date on which the potential winner’s entry was randomly selected; Winner must claim prize by no later than March 1, 2013, so s/he forfeit prize
• If winner is unable to attend on Opening Night (Tuesday March 5, 2013), s/he may redeem the prize (six VIP performance tickets and dinner for six) on another night of his/her choosing , subject to availability, and prior to August 1, 2013.
a. If required, sign a publicity release and liability waiver form (hereinafter: the “Release Form”) at the office of the Contest Organizers.
12) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. In the event the potential or declared winner fails to comply with any one of the conditions set out above or any other conditions set out in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and if time allows, a new draw for the prize will be held in accordance with these Contest Rules, until an entrant is selected and declared a winner, without affecting the order in which other prizes are awarded.
13) Within thirty (3) days of winning the prize the winners will have to take possession of their prize by presenting themselves at Astral Radio
14) GENERAL CONDITIONS
15) Verification. Entry Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any Entry Form which is incomplete, incomprehensible, inaudible, illegible, fraudulent, mutilated, altered, contains false information or is not received within the Contest Period, or otherwise does not confirm to these Contest Rules will automatically be rendered invalid and will not entitle such entrant to be eligible for a prize.
16) Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person or cancel one or more entries of any person participating in this Contest or trying to participate by means contrary to these Contest Rules or in a manner which is unfair to other entrants (e.g.: use of an Entry Form obtained from an unauthorized source, entries exceeding the limit allowed, computer hacking, etc.). Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Contest Rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Contest Organizers reserve the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future contests. Such person may be referred to the appropriate judicial authorities.
17) Non compliance/eligibility. If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and randomly select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared. Any potential or declared winner who is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, must so inform the Contest Organizers immediately upon being contacted by the Contest Organizers.
18) .Acceptance of prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in full or in part for cash, subject to the section below.
19) Any person selected for a grand prize OR a secondary prize acknowledges that upon receipt of a letter confirming the prize, all services to be rendered in connection with their prize become the sole responsibility of Second City
20) Modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, in the case of the occurrence of an event, an error or any human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or the running of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules.
21) Early termination of the Contest. In the event that the computer system cannot record all the Contest entries during the Contest Period for whatever reason, or if participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date of the Contest as per the Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers will proceed with the draw among entry forms duly registered during the Contest Period or, as the case may be, up to the date of the event that lead to the termination of the Contest
22) Authorization. By entering this Contest, each declared winner consents to the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, at their sole discretion and if required, their name, photograph, likeness, testimonial related to the prize, place of residence and/or voice without compensation whatsoever and that, without limit as for the period of use, in any media and on a worldwide scale, for publicity purposes or for any purpose that may be considered relevant. A declaration to such effect will be included in the Release Form.
23) Personal information. Contestant personal information that is collected in this Contest will be used solely by the Contest Organizersand their representatives for the administration of the Contest. There will be no communication of commercial or of any other nature, unrelated to this Contest sent to an entrant, unless such entrant gives specific authorization to the Contest Organizers for that specific purpose.
24) Decisions of the Contest Organizers. All decisions of the Contest Organizers or those of their representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding.
25) Unenforceability. If a section of these Contest Rules is declared or ruled by a Court of Law as illegal, unenforceable or void, that section will be deemed void but all other sections not affected will be enforced as allowed by Law.
26) Jurisdiction. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.