NEWSTALK STRICT JUNE 23-24
SATURDAY JUNE 23:
1. BRAND WIZARD: New to the Strictly Savings column but established in the industry is the Brand Wizard, known for amazing warehouse sales featuring major savings on all sots of terrific quality brand name health and beauty items, hair and skincare, suntan lotions, bath and body, vitamins, natural health care producs, housewares, pain relief items and so much more. And brands are awesome: Neutrogen, Coppertone, Burts Bees, Olay, Dove, Revlon, Lakota, Nivea, Listerine, Dr. Scholls, John Freida, Schick — this list is endless. The sale's on today to Sunday.
— THE BRAND WIZARD, June 23-24, 40 Engelhard Dr., Unit 2, Aurora, Thurs, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sun. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thebrandwizard.com.
2. PLATINUM LIQUIDATIONS: The famous Platinum Liquidators is having a one-day auction today under the instructions of Police and Government Agencies, City of Toronto, Sterling Bailiffs as well as bankruptcy and business liquidation specialists. Platinum Liquidations offer these one-day public auctions several times a year and the items up for grabs are amazing — everything from fashion jewellery, handbags, collectables, office furniture, MLB Jerseys, shoes, clothing and even some vehicles. Doors open at 8:30 for inspection and pre-registration, auction starts 10:30.
— PLATINUM LIQUIDATIONS Inc., Public Auction Sat. June 23, 1001 Petrolia Rd. (Steeles and Dufferin area), 416-288-9800 or toll-free 1-877-888-7376; Platinumliquidations.com.
3. ARTEBRA GIFTS / VIA INOX SALE: Arteba's the name in elegant, affordable wedding, shower and hostess gifts, and the company is offering an amazing sale today to Sunday featuring savings from 30% to 70% off the retail on cookware, stainless steel serving ware, beautiful glass platters and porcelain bakeware. Look also for a small collection of women’s accessories on sale. Name brands include Tramontina, Oxford, Coza and more. Cash or debit only.
— ARTEBRA GIFTS/VIA INOX SALE, to June 24, 21 Royalcrest Rd., Unit 1 (off Hwy. 27, south of Steeles Ave. W.) north Etobicoke, Sat. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m, Sun, noon to 4 p.m. 416 747-8700.
4 SPECIAL: if you're not doing anything today head on out to celebrate Etobicoke Humane Society's grand opening and 25th anniversary taking place at its new shelter on Six Point Rd., in Etobicoke. I love this place — the staff is wonderful and the mandate is to shelter and care and find homes for furry friends. And, after 25 years as an independent, all-volunteer run shelter, Etobicoke Humane Society is finally moving to a larger location, coming a long way since its humble beginnings in 1987 when it was first established as the Etobicoke Animal Welfare Association. (The EHS operates solely through their fundraising efforts and corporate and personal donations. It's an independent humane society, not affiliated with the Toronto Humane Society nor is it government funded.) From its first phase in a resident’s basement and then a move to an office zoned strictly for cats, 25 years later, EHS has reached its goal of becoming a full service animal shelter thanks to the volunteers and generous donations.
The grand opening will kick off at 10am with a ribbon cutting. The family-friendly festivities will include a tour, introduction to pets for adoption, face painting, BBQ, bake sale, raffle prizes, photo with an animal and more. Donations are welcome and volunteers will be available for those interested in getting involved.
— ETOBICOKE HUMANE SOCIETY'S GRAND OPENING, 67 Six Point Rd., (west off Islington, south of Bloor St. W.) 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Etobicokehumanesociety.com.
SUNDAY JUNE 24:
1. DEBLINS SEMI ANNUAL WAREHOUSE SALE: I love Deblins for the quality merchandise and the knowledgeable staff always ready to help out. And the company is offering its famous semi-annual warehouse sale at two locations, where savings are up to 75% off a variety of elegant, upscale bedding collections, bed, bath and table and so much more. Name brands include St. Geneve and Revelle to coordinates from KAS, Small World, RJS and Daniadown. You can also find duvets (with minimum 10 year guarantee), pillows, blankets and mattress pads, plus towels are available in almost every colour imaginable and over 70 bath accessory collections. Shop at either location, this sale's on until Sunday.
— DEBLINS SEMI ANNUAL WAREHOUSE SALE, two locations: 39 Orfus Rd (south of Yorkdale off Dufferin) or 7979 Weston Rd (2 lights north of Hwy 7); 416-782-2910; Mon-Sat. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sun. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Deblins.com.
2. REVLON/JOHNSON&JOHNSON: The big Revlon/Johnson&Johnson Warehouse sale is currently taking place today at the International Centre and it's one of those sales featuring all sorts of companies under one roof, and deals on everything from clothing to cosmetics, toiletries to jewelry, home decor and so much more. Savings of up to 75% depending on the brand. Names to look out for are Revlon, Johnson&Johnson, Fruits & Passion, Old Spice, Almay, Calvin Klein, Lacoste, Versace and so much more. It's the mother of all pop-up sales where you can pick up everything from toiletries to cosmetics, clothing to accessories and more.
— REVLON/JOHNSON7JOHNSON WAREHOUSE SALE, International Centre, 6900 Airport Rd., Hall 4; Sunday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saleevent.ca.
3. Have you ever been involved in a flash mob? Here's one that's absolutely delicious — and all for a good cause. The Cook for the Cure Pinknic, presented by KitchenAid and hosted by celebrity chef Lynn Crawford in support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, takes place next Monday evening. It's quite simple —go online and register, dress in your finest whites, bring your own picnic-friendly food and wait for the word to enjoy a night of great musical entertainment, wine and delicious desserts.
The location's a secret! The only way you know it's going to take place is to sign on and wait for a text to arrive at 5 p.m., on the day of the event. Don't worry, it's in a pretty convenient location in downtown Toronto. There are only 400 seats up for grabs, so you better hurry!
I love the idea — it's fun, fanciful and full of magic. And all for a good cause with a small contribution.
— FLASH MOB PINKNIC COOK FOR THE CURE, Mon. June 25, 7 p.m. Location TBA. Seating is limited and a minimum $20 contribution is required. www.Cookforthecure.ca.
Do you have a tip for Strictly Savings? Email me at email@example.com. Listen for further deals weekend mornings on the Larry Fedoruk show with technical producer Justin Ecock, Newstalk 1010; (Newstalk1010.com).