NEWSTALK STRICT JULY 7-8
SATURDAY JULY 7:
1. REVLON/JOHNSON &JOHNSON: The big Revlon/ Johnson&Johnson Warehouse sale in the north-east end is currently taking place in Markham and it's one of those sales featuring all sorts of companies under one roof, and deals on everything from clothing to cosmetics, toiletries to jewelry, home decor and so much more. Savings of up to 75% depending on the brand. Names to look out for are Revlon, Johnson&Johnson, Fruits & Passion, Crocs, Old Spice, Almay, Calvin Klein, Lacoste, Versace and so much more. It's the mother of all pop-up sales where you can pick up everything from toiletries to cosmetics, clothing to accessories and more.
— REVLON/JOHNSON&JOHNSON WAREHOUSE SALE, to July 8, Markham Fairgrounds, 10801 McCowan Rd, Sat. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sun. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saleevent.ca.
2. MR. B SKECHER SHOE SALE: While your in the neighbhourhood, check out Mr. B's pop-up Skecher Shoe sale taking place in the same location, featuring major savings on these famous shoes for the whole family — at prices 50% and in some cases even more off the retail. You'll also find sunglasses, casual clothing plus a few other surprises.
— MR. B SKECHER SHOE SALE, to July 8, Markham Fairgrounds, 10801 McCowan Rd. 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sat. -Sun. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Mrbsfamoussale.com.
3. VITAL K NATURAL HEALTH AND BEAUTY CENTRE: Congratulations to Vital Ki Natural Health And Beauty Centre, celebrating its official opening this Saturday with a ribbon cutting and draws giving away gift certificates for things like free massages, free fitness training sessions, free acupuncture treatments and much more. Organizers for Vital-Ki Natural Health Centre say their vision is to "incorporate a combination of traditional therapies from around the world in conjunction with advanced modern medicine to heal and beautify the body, mind and spirit." The range of health and beauty therapies include naturopathic medicine, homeopathy, traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture, Reiki, massage, nutrition, medical spa services and so much more. Pop in, say hello and talk — health!
— VITAL K NATURAL HEALTH AND BEAUTY CENTRE, Grand Opening Sat. July 7; 1560 Avenue Rd., 647.748.3777; Vitalki.com.
SUNDAY JULY 8:
1. DOWN UNDER: Looking to spruce up the bedroom? Down Under is a great place to check out the latest in linens, towels, beddings and more. There are plenty of deals on all sorts of elegant linens including sheet sets, duvet covers, Tempur- Pedic pillows and more. Right now you'll find Downtouch featherbeds on sale along with 820 thread count Egyptian cotton sheet sets in all sizes. There are wrinkle-free sheet sets, allergy mattress protectors and so much more. I usually travel to the Mississauga location, but there are other locations to choose from including downtown Toronto.
— DOWN UNDER several locations, I checked out 5170 Dixie Rd., (north of Eglinton right before Hwy. 401) 905- 624-5854. Downunderbedding.com. Open seven days a week.
2. CHAPTERS/INDIGO: My goodness — we really are deep into the dog days of summer. And days like this remind me of curling up with a good book under a shady tree, lemonade in hand, and enjoying the solitude.
My idea of a fun afternoon is heading down to my local Chapters/Indigo shop for a couple of hours of pure joy. You'll usually find me at the Queensway location, across from Sherway Gardens, and just recently the chain announced major savings — up to 75% off —on everything from gift items to toys, collectibles and yes, books. Great time to do holiday shopping, to be honest.
— CHAPTERS.INDIGO.CA for a favourite location nearest you.
Do you have a tip for Strictly Savings? Email me at email@example.com. Listen for further deals weekend mornings on the Larry Fedoruk show with technical producer Justin Ecock, Newstalk 1010; (Newstalk1010.com).